Anyone survived WDW with morning sickness?

Pink Mouse Ears

Probably Planning
Well...I planned and planned and planned...but didn't plan so much for this :rolleyes1

I'll be 9-10 weeks along during our trip next week. I've been nauseous pretty much 24 hours a day for the last week or so (some days better than others.) Really, the worst part is the extreme exhaustion...but I think part of that is wrapping up the school year and all the work that goes along with that.

Just looking for suggestions from anyone that has been there. I have a DS2, so we will be going back midday everyday for naps. I think that will help. I'm super excited, and so grateful for such a blessing, but bummed about the sickness (and that I might not get to eat all of the things I've been looking forward to!)

things that helped me that my doctor suggested

gum--this was a big help
also be sure you eat something before your feet even hit the ground in the am..like crackers

bannanas
gatorade

good luck!

Depending upon how bad your sickness is, get a prescription from your doc before you go. There are some great anti-nausea meds that will work wonders for you. Each of pregnancies got successively worse as far as morning sickness was concerned. With my last I was given Phenergen (sp?) and it made all of the difference in the world...

Good luck, and congratulations!!!

Try chewing crystallized ginger. It's like candy. Great for nausea.
Of course, check with your OB first.

Thanks for all the help so far! The crystallized sugar sounds good now!

I am not sure if I can get a prescription since I'm not actually throwing up, just nauseous...all....day...long.

Can't really help with the morning sickness but wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy. :banana::cool1::banana:

You'll almost be at your third trimester, so hopefully it won't be too big a problem. The most important thing is to stay hydrated. I was lucky, the only time I had "morning" sickness was when I had an empty stomach. I'd try to make sure you have plenty of small snacks (like those little packs of peanut butter crackers) to munch on. Also, I don't know if where you're staying has a fridge/freezer, but you might try freezing a couple bottles of water and then drink them while they thaw...that way it will always be cold! Mid-day naps rests sound great too!

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I will be 11 weeks along when we go next week. I too have been very nauseous. I don't know how I will be next week, but I am thinking about getting sea bands, to wear on my wrists. I will definately be taking it easy this time.

Good Luck.

Last June, I was about 12 or 13 weeks along with my daughter when I went to CSR for a week with DH.

Phenergan, the Rx available mentioned by a previous poster, was like a miracle drug, and I tried everything. (I had all-day sickness with this pregnancy til 28 weeks.)

The doc can give you the Rx even if you are not throwing up.

Other great things for nausea (that worked for me):
Peanut butter sandwiches
Belly Bars (meant for pre and postnatal moms)
Preggie Pops and Preggie Pop Drops (meant for morning sickness)
Find a "happy" food that agrees with you and eat just that
Fizzy drinks like ginger ale and soda water
Fresh fruit
Anything with lots of carbs to soak up the stomach acids worked well for me...
The seabands did help a lot with nausea but not when it was full-on puking

Oh, and I always, always kept an extra large ziplock bag with me just in case I had to vomit and couldn't find a place to do so. (With the phenergan, this didn't happen anywhere in public, but unfortunately I did christen the bathroom in my room at CSR. Yes, I cleaned it all up with Lysol I brought too.) :sick:

That said, I still had a GREAT trip and I know you will too! But definitely ask about the Phenergan, it's a life saver!

I went to Disney when I was about 10-12 weeks along with my second (morning sickness until about a week after delivery-hormonal hell). Anyway, Disney is so crazy that it actually distracted me somewhat. You just can't feel sick on Small World. I did have to go back to the room and take a nap, rehydrate and cool down midday (which was great except for the commute back and forth from the parks).

TAKE A SNACK WITH YOU. I remember needing something fast and the only thing that was close, quick and easy was huge fruit popsicles. Also, have something to eat in your room first thing in the am (protein seemed to make me feel best-Smoothies with protein powder really seemed to help-go figure)

Remember-the cooler you are, the less sick you will feel generally (I would go to bed with wet hair!) Gatorade is fantastic....it has the right amount of calories to keep your blood sugar pretty steady if you stick with it. I did not take Phergan, etc. while at the park. These made me too tired.

In spite of the morning sickness, I had a great time and you will too!

Congratulations!

I managed to time my trip one year exactly at the height of morning sickness :sick:. Which in my case was 24/7. I also had a 2 yr old. I spent a lot of time pushing a stroller people watching, meeting characters and other non rides, drooling over all the cute baby stuff too :lovestruc . I ate what I could manage. Some days more then others. I stuck to basic rides. I was totally exhausted and would nap every afternoon. My advice is to listen to your body and try and keep it as a relaxing a vacation as you can.

You may not want to hear this but I was so nauseous with my last pregnancy that we postponed the trip a couple of months, until I was about 6 months pregnant. I felt great at that point and was able to enjoy myself a lot more than I would have otherwise.

Hope you feel better soon and congrats!!

You'll almost be at your third trimester, so hopefully it won't be too big a problem. The most important thing is to stay hydrated. I was lucky, the only time I had "morning" sickness was when I had an empty stomach. I'd try to make sure you have plenty of small snacks (like those little packs of peanut butter crackers) to munch on. Also, I don't know if where you're staying has a fridge/freezer, but you might try freezing a couple bottles of water and then drink them while they thaw...that way it will always be cold! Mid-day naps rests sound great too!

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

She'll only be NINE WEEKS...no where near the 3rd Trimester ;) I second the idea of peanut butter crackers...I nibbled on those the entire 1st trimester of my last pregnancy. The constant stream of food kept the naseuous feeling at bay.

Congrats and enjoy your trip :)

Yes, I survived WDW with morning sickness. Although I was more sick at night. I took the prenatal vitamins right after dinner just before we went to WDW on the advice of my OB & it helped.
My advice? Eat several small meals instead of a big one. I called it grazing not eating. I was never too full or too empty. Sleep with a pillow under your feet.

Turn on something they love to watch on TV & have the 2 year old put cream on your feet. It will allow you to rest & he/she gets to play in cream & make you feel better. I still use this as a tool to talk to my 16 year old.

I survived morning sickness at WDW in 2006. My advice? Do not think you can tackle the green side of Mission Space. OMG, I was so sick for the rest of the day. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!? Basically, I'm trying to say, do not think the things you would normally do will have no effect on you. Take it easy and relax. Congrats!

Yes! I found that nibbling on food all day long helped. I was still sick in the morning, but the worst was the morning after a HUGE meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse (it was so delicious, I just should not have loaded up my belly with that much food). I think you'll find that even though you're queasy, your mind will easily be focused on your activities at WDW, a very nice distraction. Keeping cool helped me too, cool showers, cool swim in the pool, cool rides/attractions (POTC, Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress).

With my first pregnancy, I had all-damn-day sickness from conception through delivery. I hope this passes swiftly for you!! Congratulations.

My midwives recommended pills of ginger and vitamin B6. I also wore sea bands and constantly ate. I just ate whatever I was craving at the time. It seemed that refined carbs really helped my stomach. Try to avoid places with lots of strong smells. Like I would try to stay on the other side of the street from those turkey leg stands!!! Good luck and congrats!

I had very very bad morning sickness. Morning, noon and night. It was terrible with both my kids. My doctor prescribed promethegan (I think that was the name) and it worked.

i have done it twice in August. Do not - repeat do not go on the teacups. My tactical mistake b/c my daughter wanted to ride it. Now I know why so many garbabge cans are located around that ride.

That being said, crackers, rice, grilled cheese and quesadillas worked for me. Also, have something on hand when you are walking around. Also, hydration, but sometimes plain water makes it worse, so I would go for lemondade, gatorade ect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter