Anyone stormed in?

beccaewert

Mouseketeer
I'm in Indiana, and we have had an ice storm last night and all today and are getting hit with snowstorm tonight....I am sooo over winter :eek:

How many more days till my vacation at FW in June again???:rotfl2:

We are in St Louis. The TV weather people are pretty funny. Last week we got a surprise 12 inches of snow. Was supposed to be 4-6.

This time, it was going to be a HUGE ice storm followed by SNOWmageddon-12-20 inches of snow. They have been on TV continuously since 4am. So far, we have a slight bit of ice yesterday, but nothing on the streets. They were too warm or had enough salt on them. Today has been about 2 inches of sleet. No snow so far and the radar looks like much of it has past.

I am absolutely ready for spring...

j

Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

No snow here. It was 79 here today.....warm and sunny.

I'm in Michigan, sunrise side. It hasn't hit yet but it is on the way. should hit here in about an hour. Expecting 12 inches:scared1:

I am ready for Spring too.

Cherie

It's just started snowing about a half hour ago and we've got about an inch out there already.

it started here yesterday. this mornin' we had 7" on the ground. not sure how much we got during the day as it was already drifting when i got out of work. but, when i got home there was a 27" drift and by dinner the drift was 36". it covered my 3' fence. still snowing, blowing and drifting. we will see how it all ends tomorrow. all of you east of wisconsin--- it is headin' your way!

In Battle Creek Michigan here its started around 6pm blowing something fierce
got about three inches since dinner. They say 12''-18'' with the heavy stuff starting after midnight.
itch

I work for NJDOT, and I'm not snowed in, but getting lots of overtime and no sleep. Stay safe out there.

Best Regards,
Norm

oh yeah.. freezing rain for 4 hours now in ne ohio. All the schools in the area have already called off for tommorow.:thumbsup2

I have around 3 to 4 feet on the ground, the edges of my driveway have 5 to 6 foot piles. My snowblower can't get the snow high enough to get over the piles anymore. We got an ice storm and 3 to 6 inches coming tomorrow. We have had a snow storm every Wednesday for the last month or more.

IMG_20110127_163809.jpg

Dan

I am so sorry for all you fine fiends that have to endure this hard winter. Hang in there, hopefully only a month left and then we'll all pray for a EARLY spring !

It started snowing and blowing here around 4:30 yesterday. By the time I got home from work yesterday, school had already been cancelled for today and the youngest had made plans to go snowplowing with his Grandpa early this morning. I just want to know how come I don't get snow days :confused3

We JUST missed the worst of it in St Louis. They were calling for 1/2 inch of ice and then 12-20 inches of snow. Even had blizzard warnings yesterday.

Actually got 2 inches of sleet and maybe an inch of snow. 50 miles north or west and it's pretty bad. I-70 was closed just west of StL to the Kansas border.

Strangely, 50 south or east and they have almost nothing.

j

if you look at the back of this photo-you can see a piece of our 4' fence. i don't know how much snow we got but the drifts by my house are 4' or better.

pict0012.jpg

this is the drift outside my front window. i would say this is close to a 5' drift.

pict0008-1.jpg

i did snow blow a path for the pups that got totally drifted shut by morning. then this morning i had to go out through waist deep snow to uncover the vent for the pellet snow-so it would keep running. it was getting cold in the house cause it kept shutting off. got down to 62 degrees in here when i got up... brrrr

it is pretty crazy out there-but i like it... woohoo!!! stuck in the house and i am ok with that!

We are. 12 inches so far and more coming. High winds and 8 ft. drifts. We are also under an emergency vehicle only order on the streets.

It is supposed to slow down around 3:00 and be done around 9:00.

I love winter, I love winter. ( just trying to talk myself into):laughing:

Cherie

A guy from Boston University on the news the other night here in MA said that Climate change would create bigger storms. He insisted that this was more proof of Climate Change than not.

Great so my Palm Trees in MA when its 115 in the summer are going to die under 8 feet of snow in the winter.

We can't win!

Dan

damn that global warming:lmao:
Seems counterintuitive right now with the last 2 winters, but the key word really is "global". When they add up the average temps all around the world, this is one of the warmest years since keeping records. This unfortunately means worse storms (winter and summer) in some parts of the globe.

This is all cyclic. When they look at geologic evidence, there is evidence of the same cycles before we started recording this stuff 100+ years ago. It does seem like this is a "higher cycle", but still within variance of prior cycles.

Not sure there is much we can do about it anyway.

(Sorry for the speech, but I'm a science geek... Ok.. off the stool now and returing to complain about all the snow.)

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter