Anyone stayed in a POLY suite?

dutch63

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone has stayed in a suite room at the Poly, would love to hear about experience.

dutch:
Wish I could say we have stayed in a Poly suite but the lottery has not come thru yet (any day now, I'm sure!). While waiting for someone else here to post, you can check out Tikiman's website for some cool pictures of the various suites.....

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/tonga.html

Been in them all for a few minutes. Tried to book one this time and they were all full.

Aloha

Steve

Haven't stayed at the Poly suites...they're always booked!

Anyways....we have two LVC rooms booked and Marilyn (who works at both the Hawaiin and Tonga longhouses) told me that I should stick with our 2 LVC rooms over the 2 bedroom Princess Suite.:earseek:

Man! Thought they would want to take my $$$$$ !

Any thoughts on this one, Steve?

Really confusing, because I've got the Princess Suite requested if available upon check-in.

Thanks!:wave:

BambiTamby:
Jumping in even tho I am not Steve (tho I am sure Steve will have a more profound answer than mine :D ). LVC rooms have a terrific view of the lagoon/Cinderella's castle as well as easy access to the CL. The Princess suites overlook the marina (if I am not mistaken) and guests have to walk to the Hawaii building for refreshments, etc. Perhaps that is why Marilyn recommended you stay in Hawaii? BTW, Marilyn was WONDERFUL to work with on our recent trip.....we stayed in 3507 and totally enjoyed the view/room/lounge.

Originally posted by catnik
BambiTamby:
Jumping in even tho I am not Steve (tho I am sure Steve will have a more profound answer than mine :D ). LVC rooms have a terrific view of the lagoon/Cinderella's castle as well as easy access to the CL. The Princess suites overlook the marina (if I am not mistaken) and guests have to walk to the Hawaii building for refreshments, etc. Perhaps that is why Marilyn recommended you stay in Hawaii? BTW, Marilyn was WONDERFUL to work with on our recent trip.....we stayed in 3507 and totally enjoyed the view/room/lounge.

Yes, that is exactely what she referred to, catnik!::yes::

And, ITA, Marilyn is wonderful! In fact, they have all been great in helping me put together this special trip for my parents!

But, you have to admit....Steve's pics of the Suites are SWEET!;)

And, it is refreshing to have a CM tell you the way is really is.
I appreciate her honesty and service! No doubt there!:D

I truly think you would be happy in the LVC rooms....they are beautifully decorated and generous in size. The only downside for us was the bathroom (no separate sink/toilet areas); but sitting on the balcony watching Wishes MORE than made up for any inconvenience! It was SOOO convenient just to run down to the lounge for a snack, Coke, Bailey's (or 2).....I am making myself homesick....can I go back with you??!!

Originally posted by catnik
I truly think you would be happy in the LVC rooms....they are beautifully decorated and generous in size. The only downside for us was the bathroom (no separate sink/toilet areas); but sitting on the balcony watching Wishes MORE than made up for any inconvenience! It was SOOO convenient just to run down to the lounge for a snack, Coke, Bailey's (or 2).....I am making myself homesick....can I go back with you??!!

LOL!!!!
Sure! We'll have plenty of room with 2 LVC rooms!:teeth:
Even enough room for one more on our Grand 1 cruise!

Yes, I think this trip we'll stick to the Hawaii longhouse.
I do love that CL there at the Poly!
I can close my eyes and smell it and hear it....the music that's piped in and Chef Dick's fabulous creations!

Aaaaaahhhh!:goodvibes

I am trying to get into the suite for a few days myself. We only have 3 of us but I just wanted to try it since it looked so comfortable. The view is still good and does look at the castle just from farther. Also there is a small lounge in the Tonga Longhouse with drinks fruit and snacks and they put out a few morning things but the majority you would have to walk over to Hawaii. There is a little more personal attention over in Tonga. They really get to know the guests since there are not as many and there is staff and a concierge desk over in Tonga and the rooms are great!!!

I am sure you will love the LV rooms and I am sure Marilyn wanted to let you know you would not be disappointed over the suite which is true. I have been trying to get into the suite for a few years but I wait too late. Last time we were going to check into the King Kamehameha for the last few days since it was empty the day I went through it but someone was checking in the next day.

When are you going Bambi?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter