Anyone stayed club level recently?

disneymom2one

All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura
Hi everyone!

We are considering staying club level (Royal Pacific) for our Christmas trip - 12/21 - 12/26. We're a family of three with a teenager and haven't been to US/IOA in about eight years.

Does anyone have recent experiences? I'm specifically looking for information about the quality and quantity of the food. For our nights, club level is between $70 and $90 more.

Any thoughts?

We just got back from a club level stay. We enjoyed it and made great use of it. It was nice and convenient. The staff were very friendly.

I thought the food was excellent and they would replenish it as needed. There was enough variety to keep us happy. My kids (8 and 11) didn't eat as much as I thought they would.

It was great to make an iced coffee to go every morning and grab cold diet cokes though the day.

Hello! I just reserved a club level room at Royal Pacific for two nights in the beginning of August. I don't want to sound like a lush, but do you know if they will give you a beer or two if you ask outside of the hours they are normally offered? We would like to take a beer or two down to the pool with us when we return to the hotel for our afternoon swim. Trying to decide if we should keep club level at RPH or the original pool view room we have reserved at Hard Rock Hotel.

Also, I have read conflicting reports about the time the lounge opens in the morning...not sure if it would benefit us or not as we would like to get to the parks as early as possible since we are newbies to Universal. Any information at all will be extremely helpful since I like to plan way ahead. Our Disney part of our trip has been planned for quite some time now.

I don't know if you can take beer out. We didn't ask.

The club opened at 7:00 when we were there. We never went much before 7:30.

We never had a problem getting a quick bite and getting to the parks by opening. IOA was 8:00 and USO was 9:00. We usually walked to IOA and took the boat to USO.

Wondering if they might open the Club earlier once IoA begins opening at 8am later this month, when early-entry for on-site guests will be 7am. We're going to need to grab something to eat by 6:30am and I understand the Orchid Court lounge is open at 6am but since we're staying in the Club Level it would be nice to get something for 'free.'

We just got back from a club level stay. We enjoyed it and made great use of it. It was nice and convenient. The staff were very friendly.

I thought the food was excellent and they would replenish it as needed. There was enough variety to keep us happy. My kids (8 and 11) didn't eat as much as I thought they would.

It was great to make an iced coffee to go every morning and grab cold diet cokes though the day.

If you have a minute, could you share what the basic offerings were? Someone mentioned in a different thread that they thought the offerings had been cut back somewhat so I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Hello! I just reserved a club level room at Royal Pacific for two nights in the beginning of August. I don't want to sound like a lush, but do you know if they will give you a beer or two if you ask outside of the hours they are normally offered? We would like to take a beer or two down to the pool with us when we return to the hotel for our afternoon swim. Trying to decide if we should keep club level at RPH or the original pool view room we have reserved at Hard Rock Hotel.

Also, I have read conflicting reports about the time the lounge opens in the morning...not sure if it would benefit us or not as we would like to get to the parks as early as possible since we are newbies to Universal. Any information at all will be extremely helpful since I like to plan way ahead. Our Disney part of our trip has been planned for quite some time now.

They will not give you a beer ,but probably charge you for one. Only free with in the 2 hour period in the evening

7:30 to 10:00
danishes, croissants, warm cinabuns w icing
hot oatmeal, cinnamon & brown sugar to add
cold cereal (to-go cups) Special K, Fruit loops, etc...
orange juice, apple juice, milk, water with lemon slices
tea (large variety), starbucks coffee, decaf (can make your own iced coffee :))
fresh pineapple, grapes, strawberries, melon (orange, green, red)
bagels, cream cheese, toast, jam and peanut butter
one day there was english muffins

12:00 to 3:00
coffee, tea, water, apple juice
cold cans of coke, diet coke and sprite
bowls of trail mix, (plain) potato chips, mixed nuts (with small bowls to fill)
peanut butter and grape jelly uncrustables, granola bars
whole apples, oranges, bananas:banana:

4:30 to 6:30
beer: bud, bud lite, miller lite, corona
wine: red, white, rose (zinfindel)
nacho chips, salsa (medium) and sour cream
1 cold salad varies each day: chinese chicken salad, southwest salad with corn and beans...
1 hot appetizer varies each day: chicken fingers with noodles, mahi mahi with rice, meatballs, empanadas, chicken marsala...
cut veggie tray: radishes, asparagus, bell peppers, etc...
cubed cheese tray: 3 kinds of cheese and grapes
cracker tray

8:00 to 9:00
large cookies: macadamia, chocolate chip, m&m, oatmeal
2 other desserts varied each night: cheesecake, mousse cake, apple crumble tart...

Everything was replenished.

You can ask the staff for bottles of water (room temp).
You can request a tray to take food back to your room.

Don't forget to tip the staff :goodvibes

Note: This was enough food for us for breakfast and dinner. We only spent an additonal $60 per day on lunches and snacks. (2 adults and 2 kids)

Does the lounge post what the offerings will be in the dinner hours? was wondering if we can find out at breakfast time what the main appy items are gonna be so we could get something for my picky DDs ahead of time if it's something they may not like.

Just want to thank Samepooh for taking the time to post all that. People on this board are the greatest!!!:cool1:

I just called RPR and spoke to someone in the Club Level Lounge.

She said that they guarantee that the Lounge will be open at 7:30 AM, but they try to have it open at 7:00 AM because they know people want to get over to WWoHP early.

I just called RPR and spoke to someone in the Club Level Lounge.

She said that they guarantee that the Lounge will be open at 7:30 AM, but they try to have it open at 7:00 AM because they know people want to get over to WWoHP early.

That won't help beginning in 2 days when IoA starts opening at 8am (7am for early entry).

Thanks so much for the replies - especially that menu. It was just what we needed!

Hmmmmmmmmmm-last year ( Dec) they also had a variety of Danish and yogurt in the morning. Wondering if they have been eliminated?? Okay I'm a goober--just missed where it was listed.

We just got back from a one night stay at RPR club level room. We got to the hotel at about 9AM and were able to get dummy "keys" to use at the parks. She said we could also use them to go on to the 7th floor. They took my cell # and said they would call when the room was ready. We went to the 7th floor and looked at the lounge...the food an earlier poster mentioned was right- danishes, oatmeal, fruit, cereal. They also had Starbucks coffee and warm cinnamon rolls- YUM.
They called us at about 2 and said the room was ready and that we would all have to come to the front desk to get our keys. We went back at 4:30 (it was meal time in the club level lounge, so we decided to kill two birds with one stone!) and got our room keys. We had to turn in the "dummy" keys. We went to the lounge and was told it was Caribbean night...they had chips and salsa, tilapia with fruit salsa on top, fruit, breads, cold roasted veggies and dip. They also gave DH and I a beer (Corona). the sign said "one per customer" and DH asked about that. The bartender said they just didn't want anyone "double-fisting" the drinks. As soon as I finished my Corona and got up to get a Diet Coke, the bartender put another Corona at my place. It was a nice gesture, even though I didn't want another one! :rotfl2: I will say that the food was not enough to keep DH and DS full- when we left the parks at 8:30 or so, they were hungry again and I was sent on a hunt at the hotel for snacks. I finally went to Jake's on level one and was able to get food to go, which I took back to the room.
Desserts before bed were different types of brownies and cookes with milk, etc. Yummy.
The next morning we had breakfast and even though my DH is a big protein eater for b'fast, he had enough carbs to choose from that he was full! We rode rides all day and when we went to our car at about 5PM to hit the road, we decided to see if our keys still worked for the elevator. The kids were hungry and cranky so we figured it couldn't hurt. It was a no-go. Since it was past check-out time, we could not get the elevator to take us to 7. Oh, well! We had a great time and can't wait to go back and stay longer! :banana:

We just got back from a one night stay at RPR club level room. ...
The next morning we had breakfast and even though my DH is a big protein eater for b'fast, he had enough carbs to choose from that he was full!

Did you happen to notice what time the lounge opened for breakfast? We've been pondering that on this thread.

We rode rides all day and when we went to our car at about 5PM to hit the road, we decided to see if our keys still worked for the elevator. The kids were hungry and cranky so we figured it couldn't hurt. It was a no-go. Since it was past check-out time, we could not get the elevator to take us to 7. Oh, well! We had a great time and can't wait to go back and stay longer! :banana:

I thought you had access to the lounge on check-out day also? That's one of the reasons I booked club level: We have a late flight on our check-out day and I wanted to hit the parks one last time for a few hours, go back and relax in the lounge in the afternoon until about 5 p.m., then leave for the airport. Does anyone know for sure?

I will be there in a little over a week! Woo Hoo! Can't wait. I will try and take pictures and get the scoop on the opening time.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter