• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stayed at the Rosen Centre

pineapple123

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Just wondering has anyone stayed at the Rosen Centre Hotel,

what are the rooms like? are some any better than others, overlooking pool, higher floor etc,

Also any other info places around the hotel to eat or for entertainment within walking distance even though hiring a car.

Also reasonable car hire company from sanford and size of car for 4 persons + 3-4 suitcases.

Any info would be great
sorry for all the questions , great website . keep up the good work. :Pinkbounc

I have stayed at the Rosen Center. The rooms are quite nice and spacious but we had a view of the parking lot from the ninth floor I believe. Its a beautiful hotel, great pool, but lots of conventions.

Stayed there a number of times , a great hotel.
Each time we have had a room facing I-drive.

Good choice of restaurants and a great swimming pool, very elegant lobby too.
Can highly recommend the breakfast's there at Café Gauguin , and there is a 24 hour Red's deli too..well remembered for the best apple muffins I have ever tasted.
Didn't try the more upmarket Everglades restaurant.

Overall a good place to stay, not necessarily a hotel for tourists (not a bad thing perhaps), as it is located right in the middle of the convention area you do get a lot of business people in there.
Hence, not everyone will be walking around in Mickey Mouse t-shirts ;)

Virgin put us up here, when our flight was delayed, last year.

Yes, it's a lovely hotel but I wouldn't stay there given a choice :sad2:

I felt as though I had to be on my best behaviour all the time and the business men, sitting around the pool area, complained about the kids playing :confused3

Great area, in the quieter section of ID, but within walking distance to almost anywhere you'd like to be ;)

If I were travelling without kids maybe I'd be more favourable but being there with a 5 year old wasn't a great experience for me :sunny:

alisonbestford said:
I felt as though I had to be on my best behaviour all the time and the business men, sitting around the pool area, complained about the kids playing :confused3

Hmm , know what you mean - must say we never had any complaints and Josh is known to let's just say 'enjoy himself' in the pool ;)

If anyone had complained they may have gone for a swim too!

JohnnySharp2 said:
Hmm , know what you mean - must say we never had any complaints and Josh is known to let's just say 'enjoy himself' in the pool ;)

If anyone had complained they may have gone for a swim too!

:rotfl:

Maybe we just hit on a particularly grouchy bunch of business men - they seemed to be enjoying their beers though so you'd have thought they'd be more 'chilled'...... :rolleyes:

DD came to us in tears as she hates to think she might have done anything wrong, and wouldn't go back in the pool for the rest of the time we were there :sad2:

alisonbestford said:
:rotfl:

Maybe we just hit on a particularly grouchy bunch of business men - they seemed to be enjoying their beers though so you'd have thought they'd be more 'chilled'...... :rolleyes:

DD came to us in tears as she hates to think she might have done anything wrong, and wouldn't go back in the pool for the rest of the time we were there :sad2:

That's terrible - you do realise that we have put anybody off staying here now though :rolleyes:

I think Alison has a point, it is a business hotel more than anything and you do stand out a bit if you are on holiday...the facilties however are very good but it is probably not a hotel suited to families.

JohnnySharp2 said:
That's terrible - you do realise that we have put anybody off staying here now though :rolleyes:

:rotfl: I'm sure there'll be many happy 'grouchy' business men out there now then................ ;) :rotfl2:

Hi, my friends and family have stayed there 4 times so far.
It's very business like, but that's why we like it, the pool is large and very quite - until we arrive!!!. The shared areas are superb and the rooms very nicely furbished . We always ask for a pool view, and have never yet been turned down. There are two restaurants, one formal, one less so. The website will give you a good impression and the menu's. There is Reds deli, excellent sandwiches and also a very nice cake and coffee area by the lobby. Just outside the front door and turn right and you have a 7-11 store, plus next to that is a Denny's. Honestly 2 mins walk on safe sidewalks. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Only downer is unless you score an upgrade the standard rooms can be a little small, but so far I've been lucky every time and got jr suites etc. The parking garage is a walk away, but the valet park is pretty reasonable $ and saves any walking - also they'll help with luggage, walmart bags, packs of bud and anything else your heart desires!!! Don't be put off by the apparent high class air', most of the conference guests are on "freebies" from their companies, however you'll be paying for your stay.
We have always adopted this attitude, and so far have always got great service and some really interesting hot tub conversations of an evening !!!!

We really loved the hotel. We had a room overlooking the pool area. We could see the Sea World fireworks from our room.

Tracy :sunny:

Stayed there back in 2000 and thought it was great, we got an upgraded room on the 9th floor overlooking the pool and its was great.

I agree with comments about it being business like but this didnt bother me at all in fact its in some ways a bonus and it means the pool etc are deserted all day while they attend conventions.

Id definatley stay there again.

We stayed at the Sister hotel, the Rosen Plaza.

To me it's an advantage being a hotel that doesn't just cater for buisness, like Bobo says the pool was empty a lot of the time as people were working.

When we checked in and they saw my daughter, wife and Myself the lady on checkin must have thought "these people have paid for their stay" because she said wait there and when she came back had upgraded to a huge buisness suite - it was massive.

Who cares what buisness people say, remember you have paid for your stay, they won't have.

Hi
Was a liitle worried about some comments but now you have put my mind at rest.
not too worried that hotel used by business people has positive and negative points.

Just one question how did you get upgrade/bigger room is it just the luck of the draw?

thank you for everyone for taking the time to reply.
:sunny:

pineapple123 said:
Hi
Was a liitle worried about some comments but now you have put my mind at rest.
not too worried that hotel used by business people has positive and negative points.

Just one question how did you get upgrade/bigger room is it just the luck of the draw?

thank you for everyone for taking the time to reply.
:sunny:

I think it's luck of the draw but you may at least ask for a poolside room perhaps, especially as you will be paying.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 'negative' comments as I do not think they were that critical - this hotel is very very nice, irrespective of the fact it is in many ways a business hotel.

Yes, as Johnny says, the hotel itself is very nice :thumbsup2
Our room was lovely but we did miss not having a fridge for DD's milk.
Maybe they had them to hire?

My negative comments were based, largely, on the way that I felt sitting in my 'cossie' around the pool, surrounded by folk in suits, who were suddenly in the midst of a hotel full of kids that they weren't expecting....... ;) (36 hour VA flight delay)

Add to that the fact that we had no option but to stay around the hotel/pool 24/7 as no one knew what the alternative flight arrangements would be and I'd imagine that we didn't get the true feel of the place.

(Think the business folk made me feel more of a 'slob' than normal.... :lmao: )

Scoring an upgrade is usually a matter of asking. Just expect to be told no, then anything is better than that!

We stayed there last year and loved it. They were a few tourists staying but the majority were business people. It felt great to be on holiday there whilst they were on stuffy conferences in suits, I bet loads of them were envious and wished they were on vacation.

The pool was lovely and quiet when we went in, just the way we liked it and it has a fantastic hot tub that is so so so relaxing, didn't feel like doing anything else after being in it.

We just used Red Deli's for sandwiches and pizzas. The food was excellent and just the same prices as outside. There is a cheaper restaurant and a more exclusive one but we didn't try them because we were out and about enjoying ourselves.

We had a normal standard room which was quite adequate for the four of us. The beds were comfy. We faced onto IDrive and could see Dr Doom in the far distance.

We travelled about 5 minutes down the road to a Ponderosa each day for breakfast, where there was also a supermarket and other shops. Closer to the hotel was a Dennys and a very handy 7/11 store.

Parking was about 5 minutes away from the lifts in a multi storey block and we never had any problem finding a space.

The hotel is located in the quieter area of IDrive and I think the nicer end. It is only about 5 minutes from Sea World, 10 from Universal and 15 to Disney roughly.

We enjoyed our stay that much we booked up to go back as soon as we returned from last year's holiday AND ARE GOING BACK IN TEN DAYS!!!! :banana:

When we got our upgrade we didnt ask for anything the guy on reception just said you guys are staying with us for quite a while (14 days) lets try and find you a nice room.

It was our first trip to Orlando and I didnt relaise we were getting an upgrade just thought he was being polite.

It was only a few days later when we saw into other peoples rooms that ours was different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter