• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Orlando?

Skooch

DIS Dad's Club Member
We are going to stay for a night or two before we check in to Bay Lake Tower. Anyone have any strong opinions on the Courtyard?

Getting closer....narrowed it down to 2 now....

Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre
or
Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Marriott village ?

I've stayed there a few times. A balcony room that overlooks the pool is nice. Courtyard has the nicest pool but you can pool hop through the Marriott Village if you want. A fast food court is next door...pizza, sandwiches, Starbucks, etc. the other two hotels there at the MV are nice enough too, and come with a free breakfast. Convenient to WDW but if traffic is bad turn left out of the hotel instead of right and access the world that way (this is what the taxi drivers do).

We have stayed at the Marriott Village in a balcony room facing the pool. This is a great location, you can walk to restaurants and the pool is zero entry, great for kids. There is a Walrmart located near by with a massive Disney souvenir shop. We enjoyed it so much will be returning. Enjoy your stay!

Just be aware that the traffic in the Marriott Village area is horrid because of the outlet mall. You will definitely have to add extra time to get to WDW, even though it's very close. They really need to improve the intersection at 535.

The Courtyards are my least favorite Marriott properties, so I have never stayed there. My family likes breakfast, so I always choose a hotel where it is provided.

Sheila

Just be aware that the traffic in the Marriott Village area is horrid because of the outlet mall. You will definitely have to add extra time to get to WDW, even though it's very close. They really need to improve the intersection at 535.

Turn left out of Marriott Village and come in on World Center Drive. It's longer but faster during high traffic times. It's also the way I access Publix when staying at BCV, BWV, etc. If headed to DTD it would be longer though, the regular way is better for that.

Also, that Courtyard has queen beds, while most of the other Marriott properties there only do full. Personally, I cant sleep with 2 people on a full, ymmv.

I agree that the traffic around Marriott Village is horrible. We've stayed at the Fairfield Seaworld and it's great. They have a pool, pool bar/pizza hut on location. You can walk to fast food restaurants, drug store and sit down restaurants. They have a nice free breakfast and we have always had a great experience there. They are also connected to a spring hill suites. Its a short drive to WDW. Hope this helps!

We like the Courtyard but prefer the FFI or the SHS.. pretty sure it's also queen beds, plus both have free breakfast. MV is close to outlets and yes 535 is busy, but it's manageable if you allow a little extra time. We also look at traffic and if we see long lines at a light, we go other way.. sometimes long way around is faster. :-) enjoy your trip.

We like the Courtyard but prefer the FFI or the SHS.. pretty sure it's also queen beds, plus both have free breakfast. MV is close to outlets and yes 535 is busy, but it's manageable if you allow a little extra time. We also look at traffic and if we see long lines at a light, we go other way.. sometimes long way around is faster. :-) enjoy your trip.

The FF and SHS at the MV have double beds (or one king). The FF that was rebranded last year has Q. The Courtyard on Palm has doubles in a majority of their rooms too. We usually stay at the Res Inn which only has K/Q.

dis-happy said:
The FF and SHS at the MV have double beds (or one king). The FF that was rebranded last year has Q. The Courtyard on Palm has doubles in a majority of their rooms too. We usually stay at the Res Inn which only has K/Q.

Yeah it's been a while (we're usually in condos; also done RI on Palm) but if we can get it, we like SHS for the extra space. Also did one next to SW. Split bath kinda odd (main w/ shower had room for toilet??) but it's also very nice, easy to get around. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter