Anyone stayed at Doubletree Biscayne Bay (Miami)?

deanimal

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
We're planning our cruise out of Miami next December and I'm starting to check out hotels. We have a certificate for a free night at any Doubletree property worldwide that we have to use by the end of the year and I was thinking that booking a pre cruise night at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay would be a good use of it. Has anyone stayed there? What is the pool like? Is there a shuttle? Any feedback would be great.

I have no feedback (I know, not helpful). :) But we have this hotel booked for May for the night before our cruise. Worst case scenario, I'll let you know how it was when we get back. Hopefully someone else can give us some info before that. It looks beautiful on the website and as long as they have Doubletree cookies I'm sure we'll be happy. But some details would be nice. :)

We'll be staying at this hotel tomorrow evening for our 5 night Wonder starting Sunday. Will let you know after we get back. (hopefully I'll be able to locate this post)

One thing I know is that this hotel is overbooked for tomorrow. Miami hotels were booked up well in advance and my TA wasn't sure why. Her first recommendation was already sold out back in October.

We recently found out that there's a Miami marathon happening on Sunday, Feb 2, which is the day we board the ship. So between people staying at local hotels for cruises, marathon, and who knows what else, the hotel was overbooked.

Since a group of us are cruising together, our TA booked all 6 hotel rooms under my friend's name and used her credit card for guarantee. We were supposed to give our credit cards once we checked in and there wasn't supposed to be any charges ahead of time.

Today, she got a phone call from the hotel saying that they charged all 6 rooms to her card since the hotel was overbooked. Apparently, once we check in, we can all give our own credit card numbers and they will refund her within 72 hours, but what an inconvenience for her!
I thought it was strange for them to go ahead and charge her credit card without her authorization though... but...c'est la vie.

Since a group of us are cruising together, our TA booked all 6 hotel rooms under my friend's name and used her credit card for guarantee. We were supposed to give our credit cards once we checked in and there wasn't supposed to be any charges ahead of time.

Today, she got a phone call from the hotel saying that they charged all 6 rooms to her card since the hotel was overbooked. Apparently, once we check in, we can all give our own credit card numbers and they will refund her within 72 hours, but what an inconvenience for her!
I thought it was strange for them to go ahead and charge her credit card without her authorization though... but...c'est la vie.

If someone is giving a credit card for a "guarantee" the hotel can charge the credit cards a head of time... If not how is it a guarantee? If there was not enough funds on the card, the reservations would have been treated as courtesy holds subject to cancellation especially when over booked. Your travel agent should have been more clear about this.

Glad everything worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter