Anyone stayed at Dolphin's Cove recently?

mariezp

DIS Veteran
We will be heading to Disneyland in November. This year our lodging plans have changed up since last year and we will be staying at Dolphin's Cove for part of our trip. I've been reading reviews wherever I can find them. Lots of the reviews are old and were not always very favorable. However, it seems that they did quite a bit of upgrading and the reviews and been steadily improving. Anyway, I thought I might ask around here to see if there were any new opinions. Anyone out there care to share their experience?

We will be heading to Disneyland in November. This year our lodging plans have changed up since last year and we will be staying at Dolphin's Cove for part of our trip. I've been reading reviews wherever I can find them. Lots of the reviews are old and were not always very favorable. However, it seems that they did quite a bit of upgrading and the reviews and been steadily improving. Anyway, I thought I might ask around here to see if there were any new opinions. Anyone out there care to share their experience?
My sister stayed there a year ago, she had no complaints. I would have stayed there myself, but they are booked for the week we are going (4th of July).

Thanks for the positive comment! Here's hoping we don't have any complaints either. I know I am looking forward to out trip. Even the rest of my family seemed to show some interest when I was telling them about where we would be staying.

Too bad they are all booked during your trip. Maybe you will get another chance to stay there another time.

Anyone else out there ever stayed at DC? I'd love to hear some more comments!

We stayed there in 2008 and had no complaints except that when we were there, they had the pool area closed and our unit was in the back and it made for a long detour not being able to cut thru the pool area. Other than that, the unit was great and we had no issues.

LisaCat, thanks for adding you opinion too. From your description, if I am reading correctly, it sounds like there is only one exit so you do have to go all the way to the front every time to leave the property? Is that correct? It sure would save on walking if there were also an exit at the back of the property.

We also stayed November 2009. We were the first to stay in our room since they renovated. So much so, we had to call to have many items brought to the room (pillows, linens, etc). I was ok with it since it was nice, new and clean! We even got to take the plastic off the hide-a-bed.

We didn't use the pool but we did BBQ a couple times and they were nice and clean and they brought us BBQ tools on request.

They had free washers and dryers you can use which was nice. Just bring some soap. (I actually think the room came with 1 package of soap, but I cant remember)

One tip... it may have changed since then but the ART stop we were supposed to use (stopped in front of Denny's/Travelodge) was TERRIBLE. It didnt show up half the time so we would run across the street and take the one that stops at the Doubletree. Actually, if you take the ART back to the hotel, I suggest you take the one that stops at Doubletree (I want to say it is the number 3) because it is much faster (has less stops).

Hot diggity! 2 more response and both positive! So far so good! Thank you BusyB15 and jenniferrose.

jenniferrose it sounds like you got lucky staying right after their rehab. Thanks for the tip on the Art. I have read that the ART stop was pretty "iffy" so I will be sure to check out the one across the street. Also, I had thought we might consider walking over to the Disney Toy Story lot and hitching a ride from there. I'm having a difficult time finding a map that gives me a good idea if it is close enough or if it would just be too much trouble. I'm sure once we are that close to the park we will find some way to get there even if we have to walk!

I'm so happy to see some positive reviews :) we're going to be staying here next June. Couldn't pass up a free room for the week!

Nanette

CantWaitToGo2007, since you are going before I get to you can let me know what you think. I hope you have a fantastic trip! :thumbsup2

CantWaitToGo2007, since you are going before I get to you can let me know what you think. I hope you have a fantastic trip! :thumbsup2

I'm not going until next June (2012 :( ) I wish I was going this June! I will do a TR to include it, but I think you are actually going before me.

I'm not going until next June (2012 :( ) I wish I was going this June! I will do a TR to include it, but I think you are actually going before me.
Well then! I guess it's up to me to provide you with my review first. :laughing: The way time flies June will be here in no time. At least you have a plan and know you will be going then.

What is Dolphin Cove? Where is it also?
Dolphin's Cove is one of the many choices of lodging in Anaheim. In our case we are Worldmark owners and booking it through RCI. It is one of the few options we can choose near Disneyland. It's about a mile from the park down Harbor Blvd. Just to let you know, you can also stay there if you are not a timeshare owner. Here's a link.
http://www.dolphinscove-resort.com/?LID=TRP&utm_source=trip_advisor&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=trip_advisor_business_listings

Also, I had thought we might consider walking over to the Disney Toy Story lot and hitching a ride from there. I'm having a difficult time finding a map that gives me a good idea if it is close enough or if it would just be too much trouble. I'm sure once we are that close to the park we will find some way to get there even if we have to walk!

We are staying at DC for the third time this October and we like it just fine. We prefer to stay closer but hey its free! (inlaws own timeshare).

I'd love to know where the Toy story parking lot is and if it would work to walk over to catch the tram from there..... otherwise we'll drive and park in the Mickey and Friends garage.

Hopefully this will help seeing where things are...

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=33.8024015&lon=-117.9177403&z=16&l=0&m=b

Towards the bottom of the page, hover over the small square that has "2060" on it. Dennys is just below that. Dolphins is just to the right of that. Toy Story parking is above that a bit.

When in November are you going? If I remember right, when we went in November the Toy Story parking lot was not even open because the crowds werent high enough.

Thanks for posting the map! It could work. Its hard to tell how long of a walk it actually is to go around the corner. We'll definitely check it out in October!

I have a 3 bedroom booked for Sept. 24 - Oct 1. Never stayed there before so I will give a review after. I am also interested in if you can catch a ride from the toy story lot or not. From what I hear and see it look great and can't wait to check it out. Also want to try the new WorldMark Anaheim Timeshare one of these days.

Dolphin's Cove is one of the many choices of lodging in Anaheim. In our case we are Worldmark owners and booking it through RCI. It is one of the few options we can choose near Disneyland. It's about a mile from the park down Harbor Blvd.
Just wondering ... as Worldmark owners, why are you booking this through RCI instead of booking direct through WM? Just curious ...

We generally stay at D'Cove two or three times each year through WM. Last stay was Sept 2010. No complaints.

I am also interested in if you can catch a ride from the toy story lot or not.
We have returned to the resort via the Toy Story Parking Lot shuttle ... but have not tried riding it in the direction towards the parks. Easy to do - and no one challenged us in any way.
Also want to try the new WorldMark Anaheim Timeshare one of these days.
Nice ... but both busier and noisier than D'Cove. The walk from resort to park gate is about the same. The new WM Anaheim has better dining choices nearby in the Garden Walk center. We've stayed at both but prefer saving our WM credits by staying at D'Cove.

I have responses and have been neglectful in responding! Shame on me! Let me remedy that right now! Oh, and a big thanks to everyone who has shared their experience. Keep em coming!

We are staying at DC for the third time this October and we like it just fine. We prefer to stay closer but hey its free! (inlaws own timeshare).

I'd love to know where the Toy story parking lot is and if it would work to walk over to catch the tram from there..... otherwise we'll drive and park in the Mickey and Friends garage.
Well, you certainly cannot beat staying at DC if it is free! What a great deal! We generally stay closer too so this is going to be an all new experience for my bunch. They are sure going to miss stopping in at Cold Stone's every time we head to the park.
Looks like there will be a few of us staying at DC that will be checking out the Toy Story parking lot. :thumbsup2

Hopefully this will help seeing where things are...

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=33.8024015&lon=-117.9177403&z=16&l=0&m=b

Towards the bottom of the page, hover over the small square that has "2060" on it. Dennys is just below that. Dolphins is just to the right of that. Toy Story parking is above that a bit.

When in November are you going? If I remember right, when we went in November the Toy Story parking lot was not even open because the crowds werent high enough.
Thanks for the map. It looks fairly close on the map but I guess the deciding factor will be just how far it really is when we are actually walking it. Gotta be better than the full walk to the park.
We will be going the first part of November. Hopefully with all the hard work they have been doing to improve CA the crowds will be bigger and the lot will be open. I've tried to find any posted hours but so far no luck. Maybe a phone call is in order but I haven't gotten it done yet.

I have a 3 bedroom booked for Sept. 24 - Oct 1. Never stayed there before so I will give a review after. I am also interested in if you can catch a ride from the toy story lot or not. From what I hear and see it look great and can't wait to check it out. Also want to try the new WorldMark Anaheim Timeshare one of these days.
Lucky you! You get to head to the park sooner than I do.... and stay at DC. And do be sure to give us a review when you get back. Some of us will be most greatful!
The Worldmark Anaheim does look awfully nice but I just couldn't bring myself to use so many credits. Also, I do recall reading (but I cannot swear that it is true) that they can be pushy about trying to get you to attend one of their owner updates. Frankly, after the big sales push they did to sucker us in to begin with it would be next to impossible to get me in another of those presentations! From here on out while I am on my vacation spending more money on a timeshare is not anything I want to be bothered with! If you do decide to stay with them do be sure to let us know if the "pushy" report is not true.

Just wondering ... as Worldmark owners, why are you booking this through RCI instead of booking direct through WM? Just curious ...

We generally stay at D'Cove two or three times each year through WM. Last stay was Sept 2010. No complaints.
First, let me say that I am all new to this RCI timeshare stuff so there is a very good possibility that I have no idea what I am doing and am in no way savy in the ways to get the best deals. So yes indeed I would be glad to receive any tips anyone has to offer! In this case, when I looked to book our trip, Worldmark did not have a 3 bedroom available but RCI did. I am not familiar enough with how the whole Worldmark system usually works out if you wait and I was not comfortable waiting to see if one might come through so I went ahead and booked in advance through RCI while they did have one showing and before it disappeared. I'm satisfied knowing I have a place to stay even if I did end up using more credits. However, did I do the wrong thing? What would you suggest as the best way next time around?

We have returned to the resort via the Toy Story Parking Lot shuttle ... but have not tried riding it in the direction towards the parks. Easy to do - and no one challenged us in any way.
Nice ... but both busier and noisier than D'Cove. The walk from resort to park gate is about the same. The new WM Anaheim has better dining choices nearby in the Garden Walk center. We've stayed at both but prefer saving our WM credits by staying at D'Cove.
I did think that we might consider walking right into the parks in the morning while we were fresh and full of energy but it is good to know that we can catch a ride on the way back from the park after a long day and we are all tuckered out. Also, thanks for letting us know that the walk is about the same from Worldmark and DC. I have a good idea how the walk would be from WM so now I have a better idea about DC if they are about the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter