• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stayed at CBR?

CerysG

Mouseketeer
I had planned on CS but there seems to be a big convention there the last week of Aug. and there seems to be no rooms. Someone said they often release rooms later but I'm not sure I would want to stay there if there is a big convention just because I would worry there would be lots of people socializing till late. I only picked it over CBR to begin with because of the beds (CS has queen and CBR doesn't) and I had read it might be better for older kids. Any how I've now made up my mind the CBR would be a good second choice. We've already stayed a POR so wanted to try somewhere else (not sure we will ever talk DH into a 3rd trip and the only reason we are getting a second one is the girls really want to go back and when my mother passed she left me some money and we can use some of it for this trip) and FQ is to similar to POR. So has anyone stayed on this resort? Any suggestions on where would be a good place to stay there?:cool1:

My daughter and I stayed there for March Break almost two years ago - it was lovely. We stayed in Jamaica section - there was a white sand beach just steps from our door with comfy huge hammocks to lounge in - the pool was close by and the bus stop wasn't far either. The rooms were a really good size and ours had Nemo theming, but not overdone. Very pleasant stay. We have stayed at CSR, and I would choose CBR over it in a heartbeat.

We stayed there in 2009 and the kids and I really liked it! It was very relaxing feeling and the food court had a lot of options. The pools were nice too. The only reason DH did not like it was that there were multiple bus stops around the resort and I had not found the DIS yet and I did not know to request a section closer to the food court.

I would avoid CS if there is a convention going on... I hear many of them can totally take over the resort and take away from the relaxing feeling of the resort.

We have stayed at FQ, but not POR but ate there and agree that they might feel a little similar, but FQ was great in that everything was close by and felt fun and relaxing with the great theme of New Orleans. FQ is favorite in our house. One last note is that CBR was renovated in 2009 and FQ was done in 2011.

CBR also has some sports (cheer/football) stay there, but in August I think you should be OK. :)

Have a great trip!

I had planned on CS but there seems to be a big convention there the last week of Aug. and there seems to be no rooms. Someone said they often release rooms later but I'm not sure I would want to stay there if there is a big convention just because I would worry there would be lots of people socializing till late. I only picked it over CBR to begin with because of the beds (CS has queen and CBR doesn't) and I had read it might be better for older kids. Any how I've now made up my mind the CBR would be a good second choice. We've already stayed a POR so wanted to try somewhere else (not sure we will ever talk DH into a 3rd trip and the only reason we are getting a second one is the girls really want to go back and when my mother passed she left me some money and we can use some of it for this trip) and FQ is to similar to POR. So has anyone stayed on this resort? Any suggestions on where would be a good place to stay there?:cool1:

You may want to consider the Preferred section at CBR. This will put you in the buildings adjacent to the main pool, restaurants, store, arcade etc...You'll only have a two minute walk. If you choose standard you could have a 10 minute walk. I found it worth it and my brother (with his three small kids) certainly found it worth it.

You may want to consider the Preferred section at CBR. This will put you in the buildings adjacent to the main pool, restaurants, store, arcade etc...You'll only have a two minute walk. If you choose standard you could have a 10 minute walk. I found it worth it and my brother (with his three small kids) certainly found it worth it.

This is great advice. Our first stay at a Daisney resort was in 1992 at CBR. Whwn we got back from the parks at night, we had forgot were our room was and had to go to the main desk and get help in locating where we were, which was right beside the main pool/restaurant (old Port Royale I think). It was convenient to be there and it is highly reccomended.

For us the walking isn't an issue as our kids will be 9, 12 and 16 so it dosen't really matter where we stay, though it would be nice to be closer to the main pool and a bus stop. We don't mind standing on the bus either just don't want to be at the last stop and buses go by because they are full. Though it's my understanding that the last week of August is the beginning of Value season and not so busy.....we I hope that's the case since that's what I've read. I was thinking that the Jamaica section or the Aruba one might be good. Looks like you can walk over bridges and an island to get to the main pool etc.

We stayed there in May 2011 and LOVED it!!! We were in Aruba and it was a nice walk to the main area!! Would stay there again and can't wait to!!!! You will like the atmosphere.

I'm glad to hear so many people have enjoyed staying here. The grounds look lovely and well kept. I had thought about staying at a value but I just didn't like the look of the grounds at them and they are a bit "Disney" over the top for my DH. The mods just seem to be more peaceful looking and with my kids not being little we don't really need to have a big Disney theme going at our resort. They will like the Nemo theme in the rooms though as they love Nemo.
Something I've learned by reading the post in the other areas is that there isn't a person at every resort who hasn't had a bad experiance and hated. They seem to stick out more then the people who have had a good experiance, or maybe they are more likely to post. I think this resort will be great and we will enjoy it! :yay:

It is our Fav. Disney Property by far !!!! I think the pool / water slide area is the best of any Moderate resort! Book a preferred room. Then you are right by everything. If not the property is so huge it can be a loooooong walk to eat!

Loved the main pool and the fact that each section has an additional pool.

I loved when we came back to the resort the guard would always say...."Welcome back to the islands" :)

Stayed in the Aruba section (i think) a couple years ago. Loved the resort itself we were a short walk over the island to the main building. Just absolutely HATED the bus system there. I would only stay there again if we were driving.

Stayed at CBR in 2008- just hubby and I. The resort is beautiful and we really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter