• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stay in a preferred room at CBR ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in a preferred room at CBR and how was it ? Which section did you stay in and was it worth the extra money ? Any information On what you thought of the preferred room would be great . Was the rooms nice, was it close enough to the main building, pool, and bus stop ? I was thinking of requesting Martinque, which preferred section would be best ?

We've only stayed preferred at CBR. I think it is worth the extra money as it is not much a night. We always request Martinque #25 or #26. It's like a 2 minute walk and busstops are right there too. LOVE CBR!!!

On our one and only (so far) family trip to DW we stayed in CBR. After doing some research we decided to pay a little exra $$ for the preferred room, so glad we did ! Our room was in Trindad North on the parking lot side. At first I didn't think it was a good location, thought a water view or maybe closer to the pool would be better, but the bus stop was so close you could see it from our room. I can't tell you how nice it is after a busy day with lots of walking to get off the bus right in front of your room. Plus it was a very short walk from there to the food court and main pool. It made our vacation so much better that any DW resort we stay in from now on we will be in the preferred rooms.

Many years ago stayed there twice before buying into DVC. You can't beat the location regarding the pool and food court to go preferred.

Well that is good to hear because we will be making reservations for a preferred room. A few years ago we stayed at CSR and it was alot of extra walking especially after walking in the parks all day and coming back with tired legs . I think the preferred will be worth it.

Preferred location means the six guest buildings closest to Old Port Royale. These are Trinidad 31-32-33 (which is all of Trinidad North) and Martinique 24-25-26 (which is half of Martinique).

Preferred location has nothing to do with being close to a bus stop. And it has nothing to do with the quality of the rooms; the ONLY difference between a standard room and a preferred location room is the room's location relative to OPR.

Having stayed at CBR twice, once in a preferred location room and once not, I would only stay there again if I could book preferred location ... we do enough walking in the parks every day, so if we can minimize the walking befoe and after the parks we're all for that.

Agree that the "preferred" designation only gets you the two sections nearest Old Port Royale, the main building with food court, etc., and the pool area. They are not necessarily the only close choices.

We requested a room in Jamaica and got it, so we didn't pay extra. Bus stop for the internal bus system was right outside our door, and we were a short, relaxing walk across the island bridge from the pool and food. The internal bus takes you to the WDW bus stop for all parks, etc., so we didn't walk much at all. Would totally ask for that area again.

Preferred location is definitely worth it at CBR--take it from someone who did NOT have it and wished she did.

We requested Jamaica before our arrival and when we checked in. We were put in Building 11 Barbados instead. It was an awfully long walk to the pool and the restaurant, which we wanted to use several times a day.

I did not really mind the long walk, at the time. It was beautiful. But my husband got a bad blister on his foot our first day there, and he was miserable for the rest of the trip. He did not let a moment go by without telling me about it either.

We kept checking to see if we could move to another resort at about the same price, but it was the week of the Fourth of July, and it never worked out for us.

In the future, I would definitely book preferred at CBR!

We paid for preferred for our stay at CBR for Christmas 2008 and loved it. Our family still rates it as the best vacation we ever had. We have had two great stays at CSR since then, but there was something extra magical about our 2008 trip. We had a great room in Martinique 25 facing the lagoon. The food court was steps from our room, the pool was 2 mins away, and one of the highlights of our trip was the great view of the Epcot fireworks from the beach in front of our room every night!

We are heading to CBR May 26th for our first stay there. :)
After much research, I realize that we can *request* a non preferred building that offers a great and convienent location. (ie Jamaica or some in Aruba)..but if you have ever met our family, you would know that despite our requests, we would get the standard room is that is absolutely the farthest away from OPR that you can get. ;)..think building 39 in Trinidad South.

So we invested the extra for a preferred. Can't wait to report back on how it all worked out. :goodvibes

We just got back and did preferred and glad we did. We ended up in Trinidad North building 31, corner room facing the water. Was terrific. Short walk to the food court and bus stop. This is my favorite Disney hotel! Even though the hotel was full, was always quiet and relaxing!

We are heading to CBR May 26th for our first stay there. :)
After much research, I realize that we can *request* a non preferred building that offers a great and convienent location. (ie Jamaica or some in Aruba)..but if you have ever met our family, you would know that despite our requests, we would get the standard room is that is absolutely the farthest away from OPR that you can get. ;)..think building 39 in Trinidad South.

So we invested the extra for a preferred. Can't wait to report back on how it all worked out. :goodvibes

I would be afraid I wouldnt get my request for Jamaica or Aruba. I know most the time Disney is pretty good at granting requests, but sometimes it doesnt happen. I have requested a certain location everytime we went, which has been 6 times and I think 2 times we didnt get our request but were asked to be moved and we were moved. I guess it depends on how full the resort is. Anyway going ahead and booking preferred we will be on the safe side and wont have to go through the hassle of asking to be moved or having to walk a long way if put in the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter