Anyone stay at the Motel 6 Maingate before?

HairByPaco

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. My wife and I are returning to Disneyland in June for a 4 night stay. We have been numerous times and so far have had good luck with our hotel choices. Last time we went was in December for our honeymoon and we spent the first few nights at Candy Cane and the last few at the Disneyland Hotel. So, we have spent a bit in the past.

This time is more of a budget trip. We bought annual passes last year and figure we should get the most out of it and go one more time before they expire (wish we could justify renewing them).

On our last "budget" trip we stayed at the Super 8 on Katella. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel and would happily stay there again. However, I am always looking for the greener grass. The only downside for us was the walk. It wasn't far, but at the end of the night it felt far.

I am now looking at the Motel 6 Maingate at 100 West Disney Way. It looks to be about the same walk, but they offer a shuttle service for $5/day. Has anyone stayed there? How does the shuttle work? Is it every hour/15 minutes/30 minutes? How is the walk? Also, is the pool nice? Staying at DLH, we really enjoyed sneaking away mid day and soaking a bit. Obviously this pool won't be like DLH, but we wouldn't mind doing the same.

Then of course, the obvious stuff...clean, friendly, etc?

Prices are of course high in June, and I am trying to stay under $100/night, so if you have any other suggestions that would be awesome! Also, anywhere that might do AP discounts?

Thanks so much!:)

Hi Paco! I will admit I have never stayed there, BUT I have a coworker who stays there every time they go, once a year.

They really enjoy it, and like you I was skeptical, but he said its a great property and close for them.

I haven't stayed there. The shuttle sounds like the ART. You might look at the Del Sol. They have a great AP discount usually under $100/nt and are right across the street. I've stayed there quiet often. It is clean and just as good as the super 8 on katella (I've stayed there too) with a much shorter walk.

I haven't stayed there. The shuttle sounds like the ART. You might look at the Del Sol. They have a great AP discount usually under $100/nt and are right across the street. I've stayed there quiet often. It is clean and just as good as the super 8 on katella (I've stayed there too) with a much shorter walk.

In all our stays, we have never used ART. Is it pretty easy/reliable?

I am also going to check out Del Sol. Thanks!

Big fan of the del Sol if, for nothing else, the proximity (closer than DLH though not nearly as nice.) the breakfast is nothing great, beds and rooms are fine, I think it's a good value.

The Motel 6 main gate is our budget trip motel and we have stayed several times there. The shuttle is the ART and picks up every 20 minutes or so. We have found it easier to walk or hop onto the Pumba parking lot shuttle when that lot is open, which it not all the time, that is just a short walk across the street from the Garden Walk. The pluses are that the parking is free, yummy coffee or hot chocolate for free in the mornings and every person that works there is so nice. At the end of the day it is a Motel 6 so to me it is pretty clean and the beds good but the towels are thin and it shows ware and tear in areas. We have used the pool which is a nice size regular pool and hot tub. We have always stayed in the rooms with 2 queen beds and a fridge which I have been told are much better than the one bed rooms. Also a quick Google of motel 6 code will give you a code for 10% off and checking in on a day other than Friday or Saturday will usually save you $20 a night :-)
Hope u have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter