• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Stay At The Holiday Inn Sunspree?

kandb

DIS Veteran
We're staying in Disney for 4 nights and doing a timeshare at Sheraton and staying in the Holiday Inn Sunspree for 4 nights as well. It's rated high in the Orlando books but then saw some really negative comments about it on the boards. Has anyone thought it was OK? Thanks, Linda

I stayed there in Oct. 2004. We had a kidsuite, and a king bed. The room was clean, but the kids bunks smelled bery musty. My friend's kids complained the beds were too hard, mine didn't say a word (but then again we travel a lot). Breakfast in the hotel was just ok, we only ate there once, the kids did not eat enough to justify paying for the buffet. Location is good, they have someone come out and play games in the pool area with the kids.

I probably would not stay there again, just because the kids bunks smelled musty/moldy. Maybe it was just our room though.

We were there for four days prior to heading over to the Nick hotel. We stayed here about three years ago and yes they just renovated the hotel. The rooms are smaller than the Nick and really there is no comparison between the two. The kidsuite is nothing more than a painted wall divider with a bunk bed, tv, vhs, small table and boom box. The bath room is roomy and we had a king size bed. There is a kids check in where they receive a goody bag, We did not eat on site as there is a golden coral a block away. We did have a blast at the pool. We paid $89 a night and I think it was well worth it considering how close you are to Disney. All in all I will not complain about the hotel as I think they are trying to pick up the slack when the HIFS changed over to Nick. If you have kids and need a nice room that includes a micro and frig then its worth it.

I stayed there back in May of 04 and I thought it was a really good value. I still remember that I had a $55.00 a night rate for a kidsuite. It was a really good value and very close to Disney, but I couldn't see paying much more and still feeling the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter