Anyone stay at POFQ lately?

harpinjean

DIS Veteran
I just booked a last minute trip to Disney for DH and myself. The reviews for POFQ are very mixed, but I wanted to give it a try. Is it a romantic resort? Are there carriage rides there? Some were saying to rooms are worn out, did you experience that? If you have stayed there recently, please let me know what you thought about the resort.

I stayed there last November (also a last minute trip). I hadn't been there in ten years and I really liked it a lot. There are carriage rides, plus a jazz band at night. Our room was fine, probably a little dated, not comparable to a deluxe, but clean and comfortable and totally fine. I never stayed at Riverside, but I did take a bus there the other day to get to downtown disney after AK, and that looked nicer and more romantic from the outside of the buildings.

I was at POFQ in June and have to say it is my top choice for a moderate now. I loved it's size, it's decor and it's staff.

If comparing the room to the refurbished rooms at CSR, our room did look like it could use a pick me up...but if I hadn't seen the newer rooms I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

I'm definitely booking there again!

You have to catch the Carriage Ride over at POR but it make a full ride around both resorts. I thought it was very romantic-nice to hear the clopping sound the of the horses huffs. Either of the PO resorts are wonderful and very pretty. We've stayed in POFQ and POR both are nice. I like POR Mansion section the best and like POR food court better because of larger varity and selection.

POFQ is very romantic. The hot tub is very secluded. The carriage ride is over at POR, but I'd schedule one right before Illuminations was to start so you can see some of it from the carriage. (You can hear the music from the bus stop at POFQ for Illuminations.) It is scheduled for an update soon too.

You have to catch the Carriage Ride over at POR but it make a full ride around both resorts. I thought it was very romantic-nice to hear the clopping sound the of the horses huffs. Either of the PO resorts are wonderful and very pretty. We've stayed in POFQ and POR both are nice. I like POR Mansion section the best and like POR food court better because of larger varity and selection.

Oh...I have to agree...the food court at POFQ left something to be desired...but the walk over to POR was so easy that it wasn't a big deal.

Beautiful landscaping, great CMs throughout the place. Love the boat ride to DTD. We actually like the food court (LOVE the beignets...but eat 'em fresh & watch out for the powdered sugar, lol.) Love the bar & the live entertainment (jazz/pop, family-show)

The rooms need to be refurbished, true...but they just looked worn, not gross or anything. I believe they are in the process of re-doing rooms there.

We stayed there in July. This was our third trip there. We love the place. This last trip we did not notice any deterioration of the rooms at all.

Thanks for the comments - I think it will be a great place for DH and I to relax and have a nice vacation.

After staying at CSR last September my husband and I decided to try POFQ in February. I will never look back. I have to say the remodeled rooms at CSR are amazing but the rest of the resort and the CMs there left us a little cold. We loved everything about our stay at POFQ from the wonderful CMs to the great size of the resort (everything is close) to the fabulous places we found strolling around-fountains and gardens in every nook and cranny along with a wonderful and easy walk to POR. We especially loved the fact that we could take a boat to Downtown Disney. In the past we've waited upwards of 45 minutes for a bus whereas we caught the boat within 10 minutes both ways. I hope you love it as much as we did.

We were there in June and liked it very much. The rooms were fine. The grounds are very nice. It's quiet, it's small. It's close to POR, the boat to DTD is great. I thought the CMs were wonderful -- we actually liked the food court. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Hi harpinjean!

We were at POFQ in May, and booked a bounceback for Nov!! Really enjoyed the resort. Great for a couples get-away. :goodvibes

We booked for a king room, and got #1232... in Bldg 1, corner room facing the river -- GREAT LOCATION! Was extremely lucky with our reservation request, as that is just what I wanted. :cloud9: It was not a bad walk to the food court/bus stop, and far enough away from the pool not to be bothered with noise, but still not a far walk to there either.

Our room was not updated, but did not look bad at all. The furniture had a couple scratches, but it didn't detract from the ambience.;) I don't think you'll be disappointed. Enjoy your stay!!

We stay at POFQ all the time. It is small and romantic. I love watching the horse drawn carriages roll by at night. The rooms are a little 'well loved' but nothing that ever bothered me. My room has always been clean and the beds are comfy, I'm not bothered by some wear and tear as long as it's clean! I find the bus and boat service their excellent. Enjoy it!

We spent 2 weeks there this August. It was quiet and though we were with our 4 kids and my Mom, had it been just Dh and I we would have definitely found it romantic. We didn't do a carriage ride but it was really neat listening to the horses at night. Kids loved the pool but we went to POR pool for an afternoon and they preferred that one. Pool theming though is not a point in decision making of a resort for us. Loved the Jazz music playing (ambient music) and went down one evening to Scat Cat with Dh and listened to the Jazz player there. Elliot Dyson was out but there was another musician Don Black. Had a fun time there. We enjoyed the small size of the resort we were never far from anything and it was quiet. Cast members were very pleasant and we enjoyed seeing Arneil in his Mardi Gras attire in the mornings. He was fun to talk to.

The only thing that would have me reconsider POFQ was the food court. I posted in another thread that at one point I looked at my family and said "this food court is killing me can't we please go to POP and use theirs?!" Everyone was up and ready to go in a snap! Yeah the food court was a real downside for us mostly because we had planned far fewer table service meals this trip thinking to take advantage of the value of using our TiW card at the food court. It turned out to be too much of a "good" thing. way to much. A couple days after we arrived they even closed on food service windo further limiting options. If didning at the food court is not something that you plan to do much (and we had looked at the menus of the food court before we left but it just didn't fully hit us until we were there) then this will never be an issue for you.

My only complaint about POFQ is so many other people are starting to love it too that it can be harder to book :) For awhile we always felt it was a hidden gem, we love it so much. We don't mind the food court area, but there were times we took the boat to Riverside and ate at their food court or we'd take the boat to DTD for dinner just for something different. Both are nice boat rides. We stayed last october for halloween and during the day they had pool activities for the kids and trick-or-treating around the resort shops. My hubby is not a disney fan like me and the kids, but even he enjoys POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter