Anyone stay at Hojo recently?

calie_j

DIS Veteran
There was a thread awhile back about this and I remember some posters who were staying there soon were going to post when they returned. Anyone been recently and can give a review? I'm looking at the Maingate Hojo at 6051 W Irlo Bronson

Thanks, Calie

I was there in February, and believe this is the one near Disney?
There's a pizza hut and subway across the street I believe, didn't like the place, was very dirty, etc.

HoJo MGE which is 6051 W Irlo Bronson is not near a pizza Hut or a Subway. It is near Watermainia. I have stayed there the last 6 years and I'm on my way there from the 22nd of July to Aug.7th. I like the area and the price. You have alot of resturants right near you. Waffle House and IHOP on either side of you. Then next to IHOP in that Boston Lobster (I think that's the name) Then Shoneys is right past that with a very good buffet. On the Waffle house side is a gas station and a Walgreens (which has some nice souviners) I always need to get Pampers and wipes from there when I arrive. I like it there. The worst experience I had there was due to the hurricane, I guess welfare gave vouchers for people to leave their homes to go to hotels for shelter. Well there was some rowdy trashy stuff going on. Kids running around pushing the ice machine buttons and letting all the ice run on the floor. There loud trashy momma screaming there names all across the parking lot and using bad words. I was just looking at them like they were crazy and hoped everyone didn't judge all people by the color of there skin because I am sure as heck nothing like that. My kids were even staring at the mother and kids like they were nuts. I left like 2 days later because my vacation was up. But other then that, I never had a bad experince at HOJO MGE. This year I booked the kitchenette for $50 a night. I can't wait I leave Tuesday but am staying at the Nick hotel Wednesday and Thursday, so I won't get to my beloved HOJO's until Friday the 22nd. Let me know if you need any details when I come back. I'll be back home for good on the 15th of Aug. :wave2:

Thanks for the review it's reassuring that you love the Hojo, I'm not a picky person just need a clean room with bed/shower.

Our Sunday paper had a picture of the Nick hotel today in the travel section, it looks awesome. Have a great vacation :goodvibes

Is that the one where the little boy drowned in teh murky pool water a week or so ago?

Anne

Hmm, that looks like (from the site) the one I stayed at, and there was a Pizza hut and Subway across the street and the other stores you mentioned, but then again, I'm bad with directions. I just know the few (about 3) Howard Johnsons in Orlando I've stayed at, I've found dirty and disgusting. There are better hotels for the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter