Anyone stay at Beach Club Villas during refurb?

Eager to hear also; Waitlist just came through for 1st night of our split stay in October:goodvibes...HOPING for a renovated room but for us no "biggie", just one night;.JUST LOVE Stormalong Bay though!:cheer2::beach:

Anal Annie: We're going in late July and I was hoping for a refurbed room so my DS could try the pulldown bed in the studio if he wanted to (he HATES the sleep sofas). But it doesn't sound like there will be too many villas done by then. We're usually already at the parks by 9:00 am so construction shouldn't bother us at all. Bummer. :(

Allybri:We check in July 3rd. :worried:

csdvcsully: We will be arriving 7/14 for an 8 day trip in a 1br villa

It would be great if you guys could report your findings after the trip to let us know what to expect. Good luck with your trips.

Sorry but the quote button isn't working for me for some reason

I forgot to come back and update. We checked out the other day, we never saw any work being done at the BCV or heard any noise.
The only thing we saw was some work being done off the main lobby at the BC.

Recently got back from a WONDERFUL 10 day stay in a BCV Studio (June 23-July2) Room 421.

We never saw any work (or workmen) being done at BCV or heard any noise either.

I did take the elevator to the other floors to see if anything was going on there and did not see anything either.

THANKS to Daisyduck123 and Allybri for posting!:thumbsup2 Glad to hear you had a great stay at BCV, but a but perplexed and disappointed that it seems that the renovation project has not really started.:confused3 Anyone staying at the BCV it would be appreciated if you could post updates! Enjoy SAB in the meantime!:beach:

The CM at the desk says no refurb until next year. I just got back from room 528. Like that room a lot!

I emailed MS last week to try and get information on status of refurb and so far no reply. They usually respond pretty quickly but not this time.

The CM at the desk says no refurb until next year. I just got back from room 528. Like that room a lot!
GLAD that you enjoyed the room...No rehab till next year, Wow, wondered what happened to result in postponing?:confused3:sad2:Geez....

Hey all...So I'm going to Disney for the first time ever for my honeymoon in April 2016. My fiancee and I currently have a room at the Yacht Club booked, but our #1 choice would be a 1 bedroom at the BCV. We like the idea of having the larger space and the jacuzzi :) We were hoping that once the spring 2016 discounts come out it would put the villas in our price range. I do hear a lot how the BCV is in some desperate need of a refurb and was excited when I heard it was about to get a refurb. Now with hearing that the refurb has been pushed off for a year I'm a bit unsure of what to do. Are the rooms that badly in need of a refurb that you would suggest not going to the BCV for our honeymoon?

Hey all...So I'm going to Disney for the first time ever for my honeymoon in April 2016. My fiancee and I currently have a room at the Yacht Club booked, but our #1 choice would be a 1 bedroom at the BCV. We like the idea of having the larger space and the jacuzzi :) We were hoping that once the spring 2016 discounts come out it would put the villas in our price range. I do hear a lot how the BCV is in some desperate need of a refurb and was excited when I heard it was about to get a refurb. Now with hearing that the refurb has been pushed off for a year I'm a bit unsure of what to do. Are the rooms that badly in need of a refurb that you would suggest not going to the BCV for our honeymoon?
We'll be at BCV next week in a 1 bed so I can let you know if we see any work. I've heard yes, but only limited areas right now being remodeled. If you are interested in booking you could always rent points as a way to see if the price is better than a discount. I think Grand Floridian would also be a nice (but more expensive) choice for a honeymoon. Although, the Epcot location is awesome!

We'll be at BCV next week in a 1 bed so I can let you know if we see any work. I've heard yes, but only limited areas right now being remodeled. If you are interested in booking you could always rent points as a way to see if the price is better than a discount. I think Grand Floridian would also be a nice (but more expensive) choice for a honeymoon. Although, the Epcot location is awesome!

TIA for any updates you can provide on BCV! ENJOY your stay!:thumbsup2 I agree; the Grand is BEAUTIFUL; seems perfect for a honeymoon!:lovestruc Loved our 2 night stay there last December.:cheer2:

The Grand Floridian does look beautiful but the Epcot location is too good to pass up. We love the idea of being able to walk to two of the parks whenever we want. Plus with us staying for 10 days we wanted to be able to check out Stormalong Bay so that's why we are going for the YC/BC

If you can't decide, IMO would be FUN doing a split stay, Epcot resort and Monorail resort. :cheer2:BEST of both worlds! ENJOY your fun planning!:jumping2:

If you can't decide, IMO would be FUN doing a split stay, Epcot resort and Monorail resort. :cheer2:BEST of both worlds! ENJOY your fun planning!:jumping2:

Well the only thing we are undecided about is if the BCV would be right for us. We are absolutely going to stay in the YC or BC or BCV. It's just all the negative things I've heard about the state of the BCV rooms and how they are in desperate need of a refurb makes me question the BCV choice. I'd rather not be in a room that looks extremely rundown for my honeymoon

Good morning all,
Quick question - if someone could confirm that would be great. Are all BCV renovations supposed to be done by December? We are going again in the spring and BCV is our go to resort (assuming no construction)
Thanks in advance

Good morning all,
Quick question - if someone could confirm that would be great. Are all BCV renovations supposed to be done by December? We are going again in the spring and BCV is our go to resort (assuming no construction)
Thanks in advance

If you read up further in this thread, guests are now being told the refurb has been pushed to next year sometime. So they may not have even started by the time you go in the spring.

Denise

Well the only thing we are undecided about is if the BCV would be right for us. We are absolutely going to stay in the YC or BC or BCV. It's just all the negative things I've heard about the state of the BCV rooms and how they are in desperate need of a refurb makes me question the BCV choice. I'd rather not be in a room that looks extremely rundown for my honeymoon

Those run down complaints have been going on for years and years. There have been some bad rooms but also I think some of it is just the decor. Whenever we've stayed at BCV our room has been fine. The only problem we've had was back in 2008 when the area where the carpet met the tile was a bit frayed and a piece had snagged so it looked a little beat up. Have you looked at pictures and like what you see? I'd concentrate more on that than the thought that the room will be all beat up. That could happen to any room at Disney. For example the worst condition room I've ever had was at BC and that was within a couple years of a refurb there when all the complaints were about BCV. And BC was supposed to be so beautiful and in great shape. My room wasn't though. I've never had anything even close to comparable with DVC but I still enjoyed the stay. You'll get recently updated /styled rooms at the other two locations vs more room and things like washer/dryer and kitchen in a 1br at BCV.

I'm hoping that they got too many complaints about the new design not being "beachy" enough, so they're changing everything.

That thought had occurred to me earlier this morning. If so that would be good although I the would wish it would have happened with an earlier refurb where we own. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter