• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone solved the shoe organizer problem?

zandlmom

Earning My Ears
Hi - Packing time is here and I'm trying to decide whether to take our shoe organizer. I know I can put it on hangers and hang it in the closet but don't see it being as handy in there for all the kids' little stuff we need easy access to. I'm wondering about putting a ribbon over the door and on a hook on the other side (is there one? We are on the Wonder) or just forgetting it. Any problem solvers out there? Thanks in advance!

On the Wonder and the Magic, I used heavy duty magnet clips to hang the shoe organizer on the back of the stateroom door.

On the Fantasy, they had some hooks on the wall across from the bed, so I hung the organizer there (mine has a coat hanger type top to it).

Hope that helps!

I cant remember, but I'm thinking there was a robe hook on the inside of the bathroom doors. Run 2 ribbons through either side to meet towards the middle then tie a bow . Hang it on the inside of the door.

On the Wonder and the Magic, I used heavy duty magnet clips to hang the shoe organizer on the back of the stateroom door.

On the Fantasy, they had some hooks on the wall across from the bed, so I hung the organizer there (mine has a coat hanger type top to it).

Hope that helps!

Is there any reason why we can't get two and attach them together with ribbon over the door? Then we could have twice the space for storage, and ribbon would not harm the door.

On another thread, someone said they hung it on the back of the shower curtain and it worked great.

I found in the closet they have two rows right at the bottom which is where we put our shoes. We are girls, so even though there were 3 of us, we had alot of shoes each (12 pairs total). Just thinking clutter wise, I would hate to have to look at a shoe rack in the room, also having to drag a shoe rack wouldnt make me happy..... Also, there is quite alot of space under the beds if you dont have too much luggage. Hope this helps.

I found in the closet they have two rows right at the bottom which is where we put our shoes. We are girls, so even though there were 3 of us, we had alot of shoes each (12 pairs total). Just thinking clutter wise, I would hate to have to look at a shoe rack in the room, also having to drag a shoe rack wouldnt make me happy..... Also, there is quite alot of space under the beds if you dont have too much luggage. Hope this helps.

We don't use our shoe organizer for shoes. We use it for toiletries to keep them off the counter in the bathroom. It's also a great place to drop things as we come into the room. Keeps the desk area clutter free too.

The shoe bag isn't for holding shoes. :) It's to hold all the little things that clutter up the bathroom shelves: toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, hair products, hair brushes, etc. Or anything else you can imagine. We had pens, highlighters, flashlights, costume accessories, lanyards, sunglasses, sunscreen and other junk.

To the OP- I wonder if you were to glue felt or fabric to the back of the holder and hooks if it would keep it from scratching the door.

Is there any reason why we can't get two and attach them together with ribbon over the door? Then we could have twice the space for storage, and ribbon would not harm the door.

I actually think that is one of the best ideas I have heard! :)

On the Dream and Fantasy, we used zip ties to hang the shoe organizer on the hooks in the room.

I think the idea of using ribbon to connect to the hook on the inside of the bathroom door is good as well.

If you have a connecting door that you aren't using, you could use ribbon and knot it and then shut it into the connecting door.

We use our shoe organizer for EVERYTHING! I love having a pocket to put our lanyards in as we walk into the room. Keeps so much of our clutter off of the desk.

Hi - Packing time is here and I'm trying to decide whether to take our shoe organizer. I know I can put it on hangers and hang it in the closet but don't see it being as handy in there for all the kids' little stuff we need easy access to. I'm wondering about putting a ribbon over the door and on a hook on the other side (is there one? We are on the Wonder) or just forgetting it. Any problem solvers out there? Thanks in advance!

After trying the shoe organizer thing on one cruise we solved the "problem" by not bothering to bring one any more. We found plenty of counter space, nooks and crannies for all our stuff.

Could someone tell me what the shoe holder problem is? we have used one for many cruises? thanks

Our solution was to zip tie the shoe holder to a hanger (I had one from dry cleaning a comforter, it was wider and stronger). The we hung it on the robe hook outside the bathroom. Worked great! Out of the way, and everyone could get to it regardless of who is in the bathrooms.

When we got home and unpacked, I didn't take it apart. Just put it away for the next cruise!

On the Wonder there is a robe hook on the wall between the bathroom and the bed area. You can attach your organizer to a hanger and just hang it there.

Bring less shoes. Problem solved.

Again, the organizers are not being used for shoes. They are used to hold all the little things that get strewn about the room if they have no place to go - hairbrushes, toothpaste, pens, sunglasses, KTTW cards, sunblock, pens, etc.

After 8 cruises,4 DCL, and years reading about shoe organizers, I finally bought one in Ross Store for $6.99 for our last cruise,in March, on the Fantasy.
It holds 12 pair (well, more,because I stuffed two pair of sandals in a few cubbies). I've found as I cruise more, I'm actually bringing more shoes instead of less,dress sandals,casual sandals,sneakers,crocs...on & on.
I had been just keeping them all in a bag in the bottom of the closet,but finally decided that wasn't good for the shoes.
The shoe organizer is a simple straight down,12 cubbies, and the top has two velcro bands,so I was able to simply velcro it over the closet bar,at the end. It only takes up a few inches across- I never felt like it took away from my closet space ( and I DO bring more clothes than I could ever possibly need,always never wearing some of them).
It folds totally flat for storage,collapses upon itself,taking up very little room-I ended up putting it in the outside zipper pocket of my carry-on because I almost forgot to pack it,due to not being used to having one.
I'm now in love with my organizer and can't imagine cruising without it.
There's definitely a direct relationship to being organized and ones stress level.;)

Could you not hook it on the shower curtian?!?!?

You would have to hook it directly on the hooks that the curtain is on. There isn't a bar holding the hooks, it's built into the ceiling on a track. You can see the track in this picture
30vof0j.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter