Anyone shipped package ahead to hotel?

tmrmom

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has ever shipped a box ahead to the hotel? I was thinking of shipping some non-perishable food ahead of time so I don't have to put it in my suitcase....does the hotel accept this?

We shipped a box a week ahead and got it when we got to the resort. It
was one of the best ideas we had. I shipped cereal, spoons, styrofoam bowl,
and let the kids pick at some snacks at the store. We picked up a gallon of
milk and some fruit in Orlando. By eating breakfast in the room, we probably saved around 250 dollars. :cool1: Just get the address of the hotel, ship it to that address, but write your name and when you are arriving somewhere on the box in large writing.

Stacie

I shipped a box to myself at the hotel two years ago and it was great. We were travelling with a 2 and 10 month old. We shipped formula, diapers, wipes and breakfast and snack foods ahead of time. Less to lug at the airport. It was the best $13 I ever spent.

I just talked to a friend who got back from Florida last week. She shipped her luggage to her hotel ahead of time so she wouldn't have to deal with Baggage Claim. She shipped UPS and when she shipped the box out, she prepaid to have the return label printed. So when she was ready to leave, she dropped the box at the front desk and was done with it. She didn't even have to box up the suitcase - they took it "as is."

The key is to ship it so that it will arrive a day or two before you do. Then call the resort either the day before you leave or the moorning of your arrival to make sure it got there. That way, if there's a problem you can bring the stuff that didn't make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter