Anyone Ship items to your resort for your trip?

mickeem

Crazy4WDW!!
With all the issues with the airlines, and bags (too many, too large, etc.)
Has anyone ever shipped extras to your hotel, or clothes, or things you would have normally taken on the plane last year???

If you have, are you able to ship the items back from your hotel.

(I probably won't ship anything, but I wondered, if it was a possibility)

Thanks!

Traci

I do not know the answers but am interested in hearing one. We are going to Long Beach for 3 days then a 7 day cruise and have though of shipping things home that I purchases as souvies for the kids. Plus have thought if I can not pack in one bag of shipping things out.

Yes, you can. And I have!

Be sure to ship via a private carrier (FedEx, DHL, etc.) rather than USPS. Apparently USPS packages go to a central mail facility rather than the individual resort and there can be issues.

Be aware that the convention resorts may charge a handling fee for receiving shipped packages. It's been posted by others that it's a union contract fee.

You may find your answer on the Disney Mom's Panel Website. They are always answering questions about shipping items to your hotel before you arrive. I think you can have it arrive a couple of days before you are scheduled to arrive and I believe you just call the hotel and ask for the mailing address. But, check that website first to make sure!

We had a couple of cases of water shipped (from Staples) to POP so I'm sure you could ship just about anything!

We did it for the first time last Nov-Dec and it was great.We've been to WDW many,many times and had saw on this board where people always did it but I didn't think I'd need to do it,but boy was I wrong.We had 2 rooms booked and we send down one box for each room and they were waiting on us when we checked in.We shipped ours by UPS and even shipped boxes back home from our resort.I had shipped in our stuff packing tape and we got boxes from the little gift shop at our resort.Its the way to go.Going to WDW we had one of my daughters luggage come in at 50lbs,but since it wasn't over 50lb we didn't have to pay any extra,but we always travel with several people and after she saw that number come up,she even had me to put some of her stuff in my box I was sending back home.The resort sent my stuff UPS also.With all the things the airlines are doing now,I wouldn't fly anywhere without being able to ship a box going and coming back.

We went last year with DS, who was 2 at the time and still in diapers. We shipped a 50-some pound box at Staples (UPS?) for around $40. We knew we'd have our hands full with DS, his carseat and our luggage, so we needed to send stuff ahead so we didn't strain any muscles just getting there!

We sent 1/2 case of diapers, 2 packs of baby wipes, about 6 packs of antibacterial hand wipes, a 6 pack of plastic juice bottles, 1/2 full bottles of shampoo and conditioner, new little toys and books to keep DS occupied in line, disposable sippy cups, plastic silverware and bowls, umbrellas and ponchos, Chlorox wipes, bug repellant, dried fruit (foodsavered so it stayed fresh and bug-free), snacks, laundry and dish detergent, and some other random things we thought might look funny going through X-ray machines. We also sent two cases of bottled water from Staples.

We just threw out whatever leftover bug spray/shampoo/conditioner we had left at the end of the trip. We filled the box with souvies and leftover stuff from the trip down (diapers, wipes) as well as some dirty laundry to lighten our load. **We took a thick sharpie marker along to cross out the hotel address info and write on our home address info (marker was packed in the box, along with packing tape)**.DH took the box to the front desk at OKW and they got the shipping label printed out for it, DH paid, and the front desk took care of the box.

We sent the box to arrive 3 days early (so we had enough time to replace the items we sent and bring them along if they didn't arrive before we left) and were able to confirm with the front desk that it had arrived at OKW before we flew down. I had called the front desk at OKW to check on exactly how to word the address on the box. I also put the address on every side of the box, just in case of damage to one or more sides (as well as on a paper inside), but I only used the top 1/2 of each side for the hotel address, so I could use the bottom half for the return trip.

We also got a big sturdy garbage bag and placed all the items inside the bag, which was inside the box. That way if the box sat on the tarmac in the rain, our stuff would stay dry.

Great tips!!! Pack your items in a garbage bag - to keep any rain out!!

Glad to hear shipping stuff (your personal items) isn't a hassel at the front desk.
Thanks for the replies!!

In April, we went on a short Royal Carribean cruise before going to the Wilderness Lodge. About a week before we left, I shipped down a 14x14x14 box with lots of surprises for my family:
our favorite coffe beans
paper coffe cups
sugar packets
microwave popcorn
fanny pack for the park

Surprises for my 12 yo daughter:
pressed penny album
50 shiny Pennies
100 quarters for the machines
Tinkerbell pajamas
100 things you don't know about Disney World book

Packing tape
computer printed address label with home address

there was more, but I can't think of it all right now.

We sent home some souveniers and stuff we didn't need at Disney. Simply gave it to the front desk to ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter