Anyone Sell Avon?

Vallie

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of selling Avon part time to get some extra monthly income.
Anyone have any luck with this?!
is it worth doing?
how much-ish can i expect to make?

thanks!

Me too ! DH works from home & I work in an office. So I thought we could sell avon to make extra cash. I was just going to do it in our neighborhood, it's not allowed in my job. Thought of friends & family as well. But I have no idea how to go about it or if it's even worth it. Anyone's experience is always appreciated :hug:

Are you in an area where people have discretionary funds still and are spending on wants as well as needs? Are you comfortable, in these difficult times, approaching people to buy?

Does it cost much to start up?

Around here, home parties for things like Tupperware, Avon etc have pretty much stopped as no one is buying.

I started selling Avon about a year ago and it's okay. You go to Avon.com and it will guide you to fill out info in becoming a sales rep. The district manager in your area will notify you by phone and ask to come see you.The start up cost for me was $10.00 at the time and you get a bag filled with info and books for your first campaign. I don't know if they still do this but I received 50% of my first 4 campaigns after that they give you a table of what you can earn by how much you sell. It starts from 20% on up but you only get 20% no matter what, if you sell clothing, jewelry,watches, figurines, movies, books and stuff like that. Avon pretty much sells itself, just remember you have to buy the catalogs, and any other supplies you need. Campaigns run every 2 weeks and I do it part time to co-workers and family and make any where from $30.00 to $70.00 each campaign. It is a little time consuming since you have to put in your own orders, receive your delivery and sort everything ,then deliver it. And if something has to be returned you have to send it back and Avon charges you for the postage return. I like it for the most part but sometimes it can be a hassle.

I sold for 4 years. In the beginning it was great money about 150 every 2 weeks. Towards the end the online really got started and offer better deals then a consultant can get. You can even buy it cheaper on ebay. The catalogs are costly. Search and see how many consultants are in your area. Good luck:confused3

I sold avon years ago. But I didn't know what I was doing.

But any form of direct sales can make you money. I sell lia sophia jewelry and it has been awesome! I never thought I would be making the money I'm making. I have been selling for 3 years. People are still booking shows and buying. I think people just like to have a nice night together with friends, instead of going out to eat or for drinks in a bar.

By the way lia sophia will be breaking into Canada in the next few months, a great opp. to start on the ground level.

I sell Avon. I also work full-time so I don't have the time I would like to get my Avon really going. But Avon does sell itself, in fact, they say that in a bad economy, Avon still does well because women don't want to give up their makeup. Or, they stop buying their pricey makeup and switch over to Avon instead.

That is exactly what happened to me. I was using Dr. Perricone but couldn't afford it anymore. Now I use Anew and I see the same if not a better difference, and save tons of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter