Anyone seen the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in Epcot ?

Ron from Michigan

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering if anyone has seen the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in Epcot. I was surprised to read that Off Kilter was taking the month of December off. I did read that several members from Off Kilter were in the new group.

we saw them on Monday...they were pretty good...sad not to see Off Kilter...

We saw them last Friday. My family thought they were a good group especially the guy on the fiddle/violin. He was great! Definitely worth a stop.

I saw two sets the other day. Went back to see another set hoping it would be better. The songs were exactly the same for both sets.

Maybe if I wasn't a huge Off Kilter fan I would have enjoyed this band. Maybe--but I doubt it. The lead singer is a woman who tries way too hard to be upbeat and sassy. I found her cloying and annoying.

Mark, the Off Kilter bass player, although he tries to act like he's into it, looks like a fish out of water. He doesn't get to sing, which is one of his best attributes. The only good thing is Jason, the fiddler for Off Kilter, gets a lot of solos.

Sorry, I thought this band was embarrassing. I can't wait for Off Kilter to return.

We saw it. I though they were not so good. The singer was off key quite a bit and was butchering the songs. It was actually painful to listen to like an American Idol audition. You could hear it throughout half of the world showcase all day and evening.

We saw them last Friday. My family thought they were a good group especially the guy on the fiddle/violin. He was great! Definitely worth a stop.

As an FYI the fiddler is Jason Thomas. He is a regular member of Off Kilter, and as you mentioned, a very talented musician. I much prefer watching him play with Off Kilter.

This is very disappointing. I love Off Kilter. I have a quick trip tomorrow-Monday but I won't go out of my way to see this.

Thanks for posting this. I had Off Kilter on my list and hadn't even noticed that they weren't there this month. Oh well.

It will be interesting to see what we think about this new group. We are not big Off Kilter fans (we think they are much too loud). Two more weeks....

This is very disappointing. I love Off Kilter. I have a quick trip tomorrow-Monday but I won't go out of my way to see this.

Thanks for posting this. I had Off Kilter on my list and hadn't even noticed that they weren't there this month. Oh well.

I recently moved to the WDW area (Davenport) but if I was visiting I would be SO BUMMED. Off Kilter was always a highlight of my trips and this band is NOTHING like Off Kilter. Marsh--definitely not worth going out of your way to see. Sorry Planogirl that you'll be missing the best band in Epcot (IMHO).
Honestly I find it very embarrassing. They have Mark the bass player in a red cable knit sweater. Jason has on this LOUD Cowboy outfit. Oh wait, I have a pic, here's what they look like:

IMG_7781_zps20afb4a4.jpg

Please let your feelings known to the powers to be! Email.. Write... go to guest services... smoke signal... Anything!

The guys of Off Kilter are there, just not performing as them. And they are playing 7 days a week, so alot of subs. And no pipes at all. There have been guests that I have spoke with that are so disappointed that they are not playing their usual stuff. I hope this does not hurt them in the future.

I still watch a few shows a day, just so I can see them play, but I can only stand a few shows.

Please write!! So they do not do this again next year!!!!!!

Debbie

We saw the band do a set on Wednesday this week.. they were good. The female lead singer needs to learn how to pronounce Newfoundland though. We (Canadians with Down East roots) cringed and then laughed hysterically at the *******ized version of her own spin on the word.

Have been to Newfoundland numerous times in my life and have never heard it said like she did.. can't even write it here phonetically - it was crazy. LMBO :)

I would like to know who in there right mind thought this crazy idea up. I have always enjoyed watching Off Kilter perform during the Christmas season. :confused3

Please let your feelings known to the powers to be! Email.. Write... go to guest services... smoke signal... Anything!

The guys of Off Kilter are there, just not performing as them. And they are playing 7 days a week, so alot of subs. And no pipes at all. There have been guests that I have spoke with that are so disappointed that they are not playing their usual stuff. I hope this does not hurt them in the future.

I still watch a few shows a day, just so I can see them play, but I can only stand a few shows.

Please write!! So they do not do this again next year!!!!!!

Debbie
I'll make it a point to listen to them and if I find them lacking I will definitely contact Disney.

Did anyone else think the female singer was a bit too much like Minnie Mouse?

She sounded like her and had those tiny legs. ;)

What a disappointment.

Oh, and no kilts:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter