Anyone seen Little miss sushine?

They could have toned down the grandfathers foul mouth. Honestly, that added nothing to the story.:sad2:

Glad to see we're not the only ones that felt this way. Just not how we talk in our family.

But in the defense of the film, I can see how the F-bombs were used to show just how dis-functional grandpa was....but I still don't like hearing it.

If you rent the DVD, be sure to listen to the comments by the filmmakers. All of the pageant stuff was the real thing, even the little queens. All of the dresses, props, etc were loaned to them by folks in the pageant "world". The MC was an actor though.

We rented it and still have it. I will go watch. Thank you for the heads up!

Wow. That is a "place" I am glad I have never visited with my little girl:rotfl: It is one thing to play dress up, it is another thing to be judged by it:sad2: Spray tanning a 6 y/o is pretty wrong IMO. Not to mention the hair and make up and horrible costumes....Ugh.

I :love: Olive! GREAT character!

We saw it and LOVED it...one of the few movies that I want to buy. I had two favorite scenes--the chicken meal scene at the beginning :laughing: and then later when the sister goes down the hill where her brother is sitting :love: :sad1: (I don't want to say too much in case people are reading who haven't seen the movie). All around a great movie.

DH and I can't eat chicken without quoting Grandpa!!!

We saw it and LOVED it...one of the few movies that I want to buy. I had two favorite scenes--the chicken meal scene at the beginning :laughing: and then later when the sister goes down the hill where her brother is sitting :love: :sad1: (I don't want to say too much in case people are reading who haven't seen the movie). All around a great movie.

The dinner scene! Loved it. :rotfl2: Especially Frank and Dwayne just sitting there like zombies.

DH and I really loved that movie.

Dh and I enjoyed the movie. We would have enjoyed it more if the whole family could watch it. I think my kids would have liked it. The only thing that I saw that made it R rated was the f word over and over and over.

Dh and I enjoyed the movie. We would have enjoyed it more if the whole family could watch it. I think my kids would have liked it. The only thing that I saw that made it R rated was the f word over and over and over.
Our 16yo watch part of it (he wasn't around for the beginning, but watched the second part) and I would let my 13yo watch it. No, we do NOT talk that way at home and, believe it or not, my language in general would meet the DIS word filter guidelines ;) , however, I know the teens hear the words at school and in general I think the movie is fine for teens. No way would I let my 7yo watch it, however, as much as he would be :rotfl: . :scared1: :laughing:

I saw it and thought it was pretty good.
I've been a Greg Kinnear fan since he hosted "TalkSoup" on E! I used to tell dh that guy is so funny, I bet he'll be a star someday.

DH and I loved it! That movie can make just about anyone's dysfunctional family seem normal. :lmao:

I rented it around Christmastime. I was watching it downstairs, my dd heard me laughing loudly and came to investigate. I ended up starting it from the beginning so she could see the whole thing. I think we were laughing so hard, we woke dh up! It was a great movie--I think I'm going to buy this one. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter