Anyone Rent from Budget Car?

cathynmichigan

Earning My Ears
Has anyone rented from Budget Car Rental recently? I have seen some horrible reviews for them. Both with customer service and car choices. We are thinking of renting a minivan, has anyone rented a minivan from them, and if so, what type of van and year etc did you get?
Please help ease my mind :)

Currently, 2014's with some 2013's thrown in the mix. About 95% of the M/Vs are Chrysler Town and Country's/ Dodge Gr. Caravans with some Toyota's, Nissan's and Kia's thrown into the mix.

We have used them several times. My advice is that if you do use them make sure you check the car completely before leaving the garage and have any scratch or ding noted on your contract and take pictures. We failed to do this in Aug. and when we turned the car in we were humiliated and harassed by the over-zealous women that was checking in the cars because there was tiny scratch on the bumper. We explained that the car sat in the valet lot for the entire time and had no idea how it happened or if it was there when we got the car. Well 5 months later we got a bill from Budget for the "damage". I sent them an email about the way we were treated and the fact that the scratch could have been there before we took the car. I also mentioned that Budget would be at the bottom of our list for rentals in the future and lo and behold they closed the case and we didn't have to pay anything. We did use them again in Jan and had no problems and the guy checking in the car never looked at it at all. Just make sure you check the car before leaving the garage. We will probably be using them again in Aug. since they are the cheapest for our timeframe so far.

We've used them three times in the last year and have never had a problem. I've never used their site to book though. The first and third time was through Costco Travel and second time I got them on Priceline.

We used them in December, picking up at the Doubletree (I think that's correct) at hotel plaza near DTD. Service and experience was beyond great. Would use them again in a second.

USed them for min vans several times per year when the infamous X474200 code got you AMAZING rates for mini vans. Part of their fast break club, we skipped lines and went straight to the garage. Fast, easy. Always got a town and country. Think the most miles I ever got on a mini van through them was 20,000, most cars were in that 5,000-10,000 range. I'd estimate 10 retals with them for vans, each in the 10-15 day length of time since 2005. Never once an extra charge. Never once anything but speed of service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter