• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone rent a car on Disney Property?

Wendybird55

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We're thinking of venturing off Disney property a few days during our upcoming August trip. We fly in and prefer to use ME from airport and would rather not rent a car from airport. I know that there are Alamo and National car rental offices on Disney property and according to All Ears they also have sites at Dolphin resort.

So...we're staying at BWV so it would be wonderful if we could rent a car at Dolphin..can we?
Also, I am assuming it would be best to make an advance reservation.

Has anyone any experience at renting cars on Disney property? It seems pretty straight forward..anything I should know or be aware of?

Thanks

So...we're staying at BWV so it would be wonderful if we could rent a car at Dolphin..can we? Yep.

Also, I am assuming it would be best to make an advance reservation. Yep

Has anyone any experience at renting cars on Disney property? Yep

It seems pretty straight forward..anything I should know or be aware of? Nope.

Thanks
You're welcome.

We do this every year. We book the car at the Car Care Center for the day we arrive and my husband goes to get it while I get the kids settled in the room. If you call, they will send a shuttle to your hotel. We usually return it the day before we leave, so we use ME on both ends for transport the airport

We've rented from the car care center and used their shuttle, but if you are staying close to the Dolphin that's probably more convenient.

Definitely make an advance reservation- they are small rental sites and don't have a ton of cars. And the walk-up rates are often a lot higher than what you can get online. Though be prepared for some sticker shock- they are usually quote a bit more expensive than renting at the airport. But if it means renting for less days, you can still come out ahead.

One year we stayed at POFQ and rented a car from the dolphin. We just hopped on a bus to DHS and took the boat to Dolphin. We did the same in reverse when we returned the car. Since you are staying at BWV, it makes it even easier. It was a very simple process.

My husband just reminded me that we used Costco to book and the price was better that way.

This post would probably be better on Transportation Board.Since you have been given some good replies here,L will not move.Have a great visit to WDW.

We've rented mid stay for the last few trips - to go shopping! lol.

We've used Avis at the Hilton across the street from DTD (bus from the resort & cross the road to pick up & vice versa to return) Alamo at the Dolphin (staying at the YC - walked to & from) Several times from Hertz (at the Hilton Bonnett Creek - taxi to & from)

It has been very easy & straight forward, advance reservations always. I use my air miles to rent the car - so it's free & gives an extra dimension to the ME/onsite stays... Love it!
It's become a well looked forward to part of our trip :)

Last edited:
We picked up a rental at the Dolphin and it was quick and easy. We loved having a car but made the mistake of only renting it for part of the trip. We won't do that again!

Ive rented from Budget at the Doubletree by DTD. Budget rates are typically much less than Avis. Strange since they are both owned by the same corporation.

We did the same thing--took DME to and from airport and rented from Alamo (Dolphin) during our May trip to go to pick up local relatives and also go to Sea World (shhh....). Took a taxi from CBR to Dolphin (~$7 plus tip) and picked up the car. Returned to valet at the Dolphin the night before we left. Rented through Costco travel and was ~$30 per day for 2 drivers including taxes and surcharges which was less than MCO! I filled gas at the Hess station next to Boardwalk before returning the rental car--gas price was competitive. I was also told we could return at Car Care Center if needed for no extra charge. Only thing to note is that the on site car rental companies usually close early (4 pm at Dolphin, 8 pm at CCC), so you need to time it right for pick up. Otherwise easy peasy!

One trip, my friend and I had to attend our friend's wedding in another part of Orlando, so we rented a car for just that day out of the Dolphin, where we happened to be staying that trip. It was very easy!

We picked up a rental at the Dolphin and it was quick and easy.
7a20.jpg

Renting is super easy and we find having a car saves us a ton of time getting around. Do check/compare the airport prices though. We save a ton renting there (& sometimes you can get them to match the airport price if you call), so now we skip the ME.

We wanted to head to Harry Potter for a day trip. We booked an early morning character breakfast at Cape May Cafe and then walked over to pick up our car. It was super easy and cheaper than a taxi both ways. :)

Always even when staying on site. I go to both Disney and Universal. Plus I like the freedom to come and go when I want.

Hi,

We're thinking of venturing off Disney property a few days during our upcoming August trip. We fly in and prefer to use ME from airport and would rather not rent a car from airport. I know that there are Alamo and National car rental offices on Disney property and according to All Ears they also have sites at Dolphin resort.

So...we're staying at BWV so it would be wonderful if we could rent a car at Dolphin..can we?
Also, I am assuming it would be best to make an advance reservation.

Has anyone any experience at renting cars on Disney property? It seems pretty straight forward..anything I should know or be aware of?

Thanks

Check out the August rental car thread on the Transportation board. Those of us going at the end of August have some really great prices (using coupon codes, Costco ID's, etc.) I have a 10 night standard (really a full size since alamo doesn't have a standard aisle at MCO) rental for $163, including taxes/fees.

We've rented mid stay for the last few trips - to go shopping! lol.

We've used Avis at the Hilton across the street from DTD (bus from the resort & cross the road to pick up & vice versa to return) Alamo at the Dolphin (staying at the YC - walked to & from) Several times from Hertz (at the Hilton Bonnett Creek - taxi to & from)

It has been very easy & straight forward, advance reservations always. I use my air miles to rent the car - so it's free & gives an extra dimension to the ME/onsite stays... Love it!
It's become a well looked forward to part of our trip :)

We are renting this october fron Huilton Bonnet Creek as well. You said you took a taxi, on their webite they say they provide transport to/from hotel, is this true?

Ive rented from Budget at the Doubletree by DTD. Budget rates are typically much less than Avis. Strange since they are both owned by the same corporation.
Do you know if Budget at doubletree has shuttles to/from your hotel?

Thanks for all the info...it's great! I'm now checking rates at airport (saw good rates for Thrifty) and Dolphin and will now also check Budget and Costco...We will be at Disney for 12 days and you're easily persuading me to rent for entire trip. I am assuming if we get better rates at airport I can still let ME deliver our luggage to resort since I just got tags in mail (will make it easier at airport) and then we can do airport check in at BW when we leave so again it's just us and car when we return at airport and don't have to deal with luggage. Thanks a bunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter