~Anyone Remember "Rex Trailer" And BoomTown??~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
he is still alive!!! and is going to have a one hour special on this saturday at 1:00pm on channel 4!! this is for the New England area!!

I remember it! A quick funny story about Boomtown....a few miles from here in Attleboro, MA is a manufacturing plant of some sort (I can't remember the company) and when I was pretty young, there was an industrial accident there and there were several explosions on the property. One day, I was with my Dad and we were driving by the plant and I asked my father what that place was. He answered, "That's Boomtown." The humor was lost on me and so I thought that Rex Trailer and his pals lived there. Go figure!

I just saw it on Ch. 4.By the way has anyone seen the stand off in Malden right down the street from the school where my friend teaches

I know people who teach there also!!!! I use to live near there on Pearl st!

I remember Rex Trailer (grew up in Massachusetts). One day he and his "posse" rode through our town on Rte 9. Boy, that was an exciting day for us kids! Was his horse named Goldrush?

Boom-Boom-Boomtown!

OMG! Rex Trailer. Holy Cow, he sure was a part of my early years. I was always so jealous when he'd have those trips to CA and I never got to go.

I wonder how old he is? He seemed old when I was a pre teen. OK all you New England folks, who here remembers Big Brother Bob Emery? :teeth:

Bob Emery

I still remember most of the words to the song that opened the show... The Grass is Always Greener. Here it is for those of you who's brain needs a nudge.

Well, the grass is always greener in the other fellow's yard;
The little row, you have to hoe...oh boy that's hard!
But if we all could wear green glasses now, it wouldn't be so hard,
To see how green that grass is in your own backyard!

:goodvibes

Hey, my claim to fame is that I actually got to be on the Big Brother show and sit in the chair next to him. Wasn't he on around noontime? I also remember standing and drinking our milk as we toasted the flag to, I think it was, the tune of "God Save the Queen" (was that it) and looked at President Eisenhaur's picture. Boy, do I feel old!

I REMEMBER!!!!

My Dad used to go to the camping & RV show each year in Boston. And the ONLY reason I would ever want to go as a child was because Rex was there EVERY year. So every year, I waited in line to see him. :teeth:

I too was so jealous & always wanted to go on those trips with the kids.

I remember too!!! I saw him in Stoneham during the Nancy Kerrigan parade. That must have been 10 years ago or so. Anyone remember Captain Bob Cottle? He used to draw pictures. He was awesome. I think his show was on right before Boomtown.

bride_again said:
I remember too!!! I saw him in Stoneham during the Nancy Kerrigan parade. That must have been 10 years ago or so. Anyone remember Captain Bob Cottle? He used to draw pictures. He was awesome. I think his show was on right before Boomtown.
yes, I remember Capt Bob!! and I met Nancy Kerrigan when she came to Salem!!

I did my undergrad at Emerson Colllege in Boston and had Rex as a professor. I had never heard of BoomTown until I mentioned him to my mom and she freaked out - apparently, she was on his show as a kid. My mom sought him out at a campus event and introduced herself and asked if he remembered her (I assume he didn't).

He was fantastic.

Boy I sure remember watching Rex Trailer on Boomtown every weekend. I grew up in central Massachsetts. On of my friends got to be on the show once. Rip Rex. He used to fly a helicopter too.

Wasn't there a song that went "boom [pauise] boom [pause] boomtown". I would imagine this special will just be shown in the New England area. Rats! I'm a Central Mass person also (Woostah!) and would love to see this show, but sadly DH moved me far away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter