Anyone regret disconnecting their landline?

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
In an effort to cut down on monthly expenses, I'm seriously considering doing away with our landline and using cell phones exclusively. I've decided to pay an extra $10 per month for faster internet with the phone company (AT&T) in order to subscribe to Netflix and Hulu so I can cancel our premium channels thru DirecTV. May downgrade the current DirecTV pckg we have as well to save a few more $. Trying to convince myself to just do away with the landline (we have a darn good phone number that's easily memorized). I cancelled the long distance service to it over the summer. Why keep it?! :confused3

Not at all, never missed it. We've been landline free for over 6 years.

I'll be honest, I hope to retire in 5 years and the cell phones will be going way. Okay, I will keep a pay as you go phone in the glove box of the car, but no need for 2 smart phones anymore. Just a land line.

We got rid of our landline a few months ago, after thinking about it for a long, long, l-o-n-g time.

I have almost learned to stop looking at the spot in the family room where the answering machine was to see if anyone called/left a message while we were out. :)

We are saving at least $70/month by not having the landline.

And the best part? The annoying telemarketing calls have almost completely stopped. That's the thing I like the best about not having a landline! :)

We got rid of ours earlier this year. I haven't missed it; the only "regrets" I've had are from thinking what I'd do if my cellphone was stolen and I had no way of contacting anyone!

We havent had a land line in years.

On a funny note.. our old home phone number was used for our grocery card, and we still use it, never updated it. 5 plus years it's been working lol

Unplugged my landline to avoid solicitations. Realized after six months that I was paying for a live phone jack with no phone attached. Instead of plugging the phone back in, I turned off the jack.

Haven't missed it.

Honestly I have been thinking of getting our landline back. Dd is driving now and I do worry abpiy her needing to call and either my phone being dead or sitting in the wrong spot and the call not going through.

I try to keep it charged but for some reason I have no servixe while its charging plus there are certain spots in the house where there is no service.

Got rid of the landline about 6 years ago - never missed it, but the last few years we had it we didn't really use it. Also, between having Amazon prime, and Hulu (so can watch shows and movies on our tablets) this year we gave up the cable and went with an antenna. We get all the major networks, crystal clear, and pick up the rest of our TV watching with the Hulu plus. This happened about 3 months ago, and I'm not missing the cable either.

I've never had one!!! I mean I grew up in a house that had one by I have never had one of my own, I have had a cell phone for the last 15 years though!!

We haven't had a landline since moving here... 9 years ago!

Occasionally now that I have kids who stay alone I wish I had it- cause my teens phone is taken away all the time. :thumbsup2 but I have a neighbor always home a few houses down if there was a true emergency.

So go for it!

But I like to have 2 phones @ all times just in case one is dead. We have 3 so usually not a problem

I kind of regret it. We have a 10 year old. He does have a phone that he uses when he goes to friends, but doesn't keep it charged all the time. I worry about an emergency and he can't get into my phone because it has a lock.

Nope, don't miss it.

There is that little niggle though, about safety and what on earth we would do in an earthquake if/when cell towers fall or become disabled.

Since I have lived on my own (9 years) I have never had a landline. So I of course do not miss it. Just this year I downgraded my Channel listing to just basic. This is the one I thought would be hard due to I loved my DVR. I had over 200 channels but I only watched like 10. I got fast internet instead and bought a Roku. I LOVE my Netflix and Hulu acts as my DVR. I am very pleased at how it turned out and I am glad I got rid of the crazy TV bill (well its $15 for basic).

We haven't found a good reason to get rid of the land line yet. Bundled with the essential services we want, it doesn't cost that much extra and allows us to reserve our cell phone numbers for family.

the only thing I miss is the $6,000.00 I wasted on the landline for the 5 years prior to cutting it off :)

I'm in the same predicament. Can't decided if I should do away with landline. I'm still holding on to it, but we never use it. We only use our cell phones. The issue for me is "what if" and it happens to be the only thing that works during and after a hurricane for us. I wish AT&T would cut the once to $10 or $15 a month and then I would certainly keep it, but at $35 a month, it's a huge waste.

We just got a landline for a better cable bundle deal. Never got an actual phone or gave anyone our number. Just have the line activated. However, my TV shows when it rings, which is all.the.time. This is why I have no regrets about not hooking up an actual phone to it. I haven't had a landline since college and I do not miss telemarketers at all!

I have been thinking bout getting a phone to keep near a jack in case of emergency, but that's only because the "phone" is the worst feature of my cell phone. Sometimes it takes seconds to open and let me dial.

Haven't done it yet.

My landline is very cheap in my bundle. Plus I use it a lot for work teleconference.

I don't know about you guys, but until cell phone quality gets better, I really don't want to give it up. I find that "talking" on the cell phone is just uncomfortable. I definitely refrain from doing it. But if I need to talk to my friend or my parents for any length of time (and work), I want the land line. The quality is so much better.

I understand that in Europe, this is not an issue but I can't remember why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter