• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Redeem eGiftCard at the Parks?

kors

<font color=blue>I am known in my town as a CROCAH
Has anyone successfully redeemed an eGiftCard at the parks or quick service restaurants? Do they scan a bar code? I need to email one to a family member, but have heard some cant redeem. Thanks in advance!

We had some trouble with this this week. My kids each had a separate ecard as a gift from their aunt. My son spent some of his at Disney Springs building his own light saber, and had a balance. My daughter went to use hers in Germany and her balance was the same as what my son's leftover balance was. It was like they were pulling from the same pot of money. They were each $25, so we should have gotten $50 worth, but we only ended up getting $25 worth total. I still can't figure that out. My sister in law said her credit card was definitely charged $50.

Now, they also each had $25 egift cards that they spent with no problem.

We had some trouble with this this week. My kids each had a separate ecard as a gift from their aunt. My son spent some of his at Disney Springs building his own light saber, and had a balance. My daughter went to use hers in Germany and her balance was the same as what my son's leftover balance was. It was like they were pulling from the same pot of money. They were each $25, so we should have gotten $50 worth, but we only ended up getting $25 worth total. I still can't figure that out. My sister in law said her credit card was definitely charged $50.

Now, they also each had $25 egift cards that they spent with no problem.

Did you present an email to scan? I was going to put $200 on an eCard and have them scan it for meals. Can they scan from a phone?

Did you present an email to scan? I was going to put $200 on an eCard and have them scan it for meals. Can they scan from a phone?

We had printouts, as we thought it would be easier to keep track of which kid's was which. But when we had trouble we pulled up the email and both cards showed a balance of 0.

The other ecards we had printouts and they worked fine. The person who sent them sent printouts rather than emails.

Here's an idea that will eliminate the uncertainty. Each of you go to a local grocery store and purchase a Disney card. You purchase one for $200 and your family member for whatever the minimum is (likely $25). Have your family member take a photo of the back of the card (after removing the sticker from the security code) and send it to you.

You then go to Disneygiftcard.com and create an account. Enter both card numbers as stored cards into that account. You'll then be able to transfer funds from your $200 card onto theirs. Their card will now have $225, and they can just take the card with them.

Disney gift cards can be used virtually anywhere on Property. And no hassles with the egiftcard nonsense.

Steve

Here's an idea that will eliminate the uncertainty. Each of you go to a local grocery store and purchase a Disney card. You purchase one for $200 and your family member for whatever the minimum is (likely $25). Have your family member take a photo of the back of the card (after removing the sticker from the security code) and send it to you.

You then go to Disneygiftcard.com and create an account. Enter both card numbers as stored cards into that account. You'll then be able to transfer funds from your $200 card onto theirs. Their card will now have $225, and they can just take the card with them.

Disney gift cards can be used virtually anywhere on Property. And no hassles with the egiftcard nonsense.

Steve
Has anyone successfully redeemed an eGiftCard at the parks or quick service restaurants? Do they scan a bar code? I need to email one to a family member, but have heard some cant redeem. Thanks in advance!

I always have Rainforest Cafe egiftcards (mine earned from Swagbucks) and I just bring the printouts with me. Most servers apparently have never seen one, but it is always o.k.'d by the manager. I also earn Starbucks egifts which I bring to my local Starbucks and just have them put it on a regular gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter