Anyone planning on going to Dapper Day in September?

Pinup Mommy, I love your dance shoes -- something like that might work for me. I wonder if character shoes come in red?

So I decided on a red hat, but not the one linked to above. I haven't got a photo, but I already had a red velvet pill box sort of hat (probably from the 50s) that I got at a vintage shop a long time ago. I had forgotten about it, and discovered it while looking for something else in my closet yesterday. Its pretty much perfect. I'm going to add a hatband made of green grosgrain ribbon with white polka dots -- I think it will be perfect.

Jewelry -- should I go with a bold necklace, or something more simple? If simple, I'm thinking a vial of pixie dust as a pendant.

An update on my handbag -- we moved three years ago, so the post office would automatically return the package to the sender at this point. I managed to find the direct line to that neighborhood's post office, however, and was told that a supervisor would more likely than not be able to set the package aside for me, so I need to call about that tomorrow. There's hope! pixiedust:

Now I just need to get some alterations on my dress, and I'll be good to go...

I think your hat sounds perfect, especially since you already had it and didn't have to buy one! I can't wait to see your outfit!

I don't know about jewelry. I'm not good with things like that. Accessorizing had never been a strength of mine, but I have to tell you I love the pixie dust idea.

Double posting because ---- THE POST OFFICE HAS MY BAG AND I CAN PICK IT UP TODAY!! :woohoo: I am so happy!

YAY!!!!!!! That's fantastic news!!!

Double posting because ---- THE POST OFFICE HAS MY BAG AND I CAN PICK IT UP TODAY!! :woohoo: I am so happy!

Hooray! On the shoes topic, I went on Zappos and found kids saddle shoes in a variety of colors (not red or pink -- probably will have to search Etsy for those). I chose the Florsheim kids (more color choices) and Cole Haan kids (more cushioning) styles. The shoes arrived today, fit fine, and look cute! So I'll be wearing one pair for daytime on Dapper Day. Still looking for dance shoes for evening...

WooHoo!!!!! So happy for you kangamama!!!:woohoo:

Your hat sounds really cute! It's great that you didn't have to buy one!:thumbsup2

So is everyone ready? I'm stuck on shoes. Do I respect mt plantar fasciitis and just wear my danskos, or say f it and wear the red kitten heels that are super adorable but more likely than not going to kill my feet and give me blisters? I'm kind of stressing about the weather, too. I don't do upper 80s or humidity very well!

So is everyone ready? I'm stuck on shoes. Do I respect mt plantar fasciitis and just wear my danskos, or say f it and wear the red kitten heels that are super adorable but more likely than not going to kill my feet and give me blisters? I'm kind of stressing about the weather, too. I don't do upper 80s or humidity very well!

This has been my biggest problem too. I just found a really cute pair of Rocket Dog flats that are really comfy. I think I'm going to wear them with my day dress, then try a dressier pair of shoes for evening. Luckily, I don't plan on running to any rides, so hopefully my feet will hold out!

Shoes are my biggest issue as well. I have decided to wear my flats and just bring my dressier shoes (still not high heels, but highER heels) in a tote or something. That way I'll have them when I want them for a photo op and change back to my flats for the in between walking! And yes, I did break down and buy another pair of shoes. They're black wedge heels with peek-a-boo toes with bows.

I got this cute cute hat a few weeks ago and now that I'm down to figuring out everything I need to pack, I realize I did not really think ahead about just HOW to bring it without squashing it! I also discovered when I got out the belt I'd ordered from Amazon that even though it said it was black on the package, it's actually dark blue. No time to change it so I guess I will pretend it's black. Luckily, it's on a red skirt paired with a white blouse so probably not too noticeable.

I have been thinking about having a meet up for us DISers but I can't figure out when we could do it! We're having lashes and stuff done in the morning, then we have a reservation for lunch, the Mark Twain at 3, and a dinner reservation at 7ish at Carthay. Maybe we could try and meet up at the cocktail hour at Carthay? There is a Small World thing at 8 (we're not planning to go to that but I figure others might want to go).

We will definitely be at the small world event.

Does anyone know what the crowd calendar is predicting for Friday and Saturday?

A little OT, but disneyluvr2, tinkcollector, lcasamen, my sister and I are all going together to Dapper Day. We are also, as dl2 mentioned, going to dis-bound the next day and we're all doing Mary Poppins, LOL! dl2 made her cute headband which she kindly posted earlier, and I made the rest of us little clips for our hair. Here is the finished batch, 2 of which are modeled by my twins:

mphats_zps78d1754b.jpg

callehat1_zps76889bd1.jpg

mpredribbon_zpsef5e8c85.jpg

We're all wearing white with red accents. Fun!!!

kangamama said:
We will definitely be at the small world event.

Does anyone know what the crowd calendar is predicting for Friday and Saturday?

I think Friday will be busy since all APs are active, no block outs. I am also afraid it is going to be hot!! It has been around 90 during the day, and humid. The celebration looks like it will be carrying over to Saturday too, which we may also be there since the SoCal APs are blocked.

DizMe said:
A little OT, but disneyluvr2, tinkcollector, lcasamen, my sister and I are all going together to Dapper Day. We are also, as dl2 mentioned, going to dis-bound the next day and we're all doing Mary Poppins, LOL! dl2 made her cute headband which she kindly posted earlier, and I made the rest of us little clips for our hair. Here is the finished batch, 2 of which are modeled by my twins:

We're all wearing white with red accents. Fun!!!

How fun!!! Those are really cute :-)

I'm going to be at Indy that day. Come say hi! You might want to close your eyes though

I can't wait for Dapper Day! So close now! I couldn't pick just one dress, so I've got three dresses coming in my suitcase and am making it a dapper weekend! All my dresses are from Bettie Page clothing. I've got a black pencil dress for the actual dapper day, a red swing dress to check out the royal swing ball Saturday, and a gorgeous black and white toile dress for church Sunday. :) So excited! And my husband and boys are even excited about dressing up too! Wish I had found this thread earlier!!!

I can't wait for Dapper Day! So close now! I couldn't pick just one dress, so I've got three dresses coming in my suitcase and am making it a dapper weekend! All my dresses are from Bettie Page clothing. I've got a black pencil dress for the actual dapper day, a red swing dress to check out the royal swing ball Saturday, and a gorgeous black and white toile dress for church Sunday. :) So excited! And my husband and boys are even excited about dressing up too! Wish I had found this thread earlier!!!

Oh, my dear, you fit right in!! We're laughing at how we each have a whole suitcase dedicated to our dapper clothes :rotfl:

I'm so excited!! Tomorrow I check in for the flight, and Thursday we'll be there!

We leave early Friday morning. My crinoline almost takes up a whole suitcase by itself! I put it on the bottom of all my stuff to flatten it down to fit in. Lol.
My boys are so cute. Got them little matching hats and bowties!

We leave early Friday morning. My crinoline almost takes up a whole suitcase by itself! I put it on the bottom of all my stuff to flatten it down to fit in. Lol.
My boys are so cute. Got them little matching hats and bowties!

Crinoline are actually easy to pack in a zip lock bag, then shake it out when ready to use and they bounce right back. I have 5 stuffed into a box under my my bed. Lol :-)

Yes -- my dapper buddy aka partner in crime is packing hers in a vacuum bag, and just rolling the air out.

I'm super excited. Everything has fallen into place with my outfits (also making it a dapper weekend). My friend just had her 40th bday get completely overshadowed by a family wedding (very 16 Candles), so I made a reservation for Minnie and Friends for Friday morning to surprise her. She's Disneybounding as Minnie and said she really wants to meet Minnie this weekend. S that ought to do it.

I'm so excited!! Tomorrow I check in for the flight, and Thursday we'll be there!

OMGosh DizMe!!! Thank you for reminding me to check in for the flight tomorrow! I was so busy packing, I almost forgot!

I really want to wear my crinoline, but everyone says my dresses look better without them. Maybe I'll pack it anyway....IF I have room.:thumbsup2

I'm sooo excited and wiggly, I know I won't be able to sleep a wink tomorrow night!!!:banana:

If you have any pictures from Dapper Weekend, please share them :-)

7546AD5B-734C-4FEE-B5D3-878961CCFD27-1199-0000008EBDB2183B_zps4629de35.jpg

This was taken before we completely melted. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter