• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone planning for 2014??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya! :) just checking in..it has been awhile. We are hoping for free dining, too. They opened it up for this year on the dates that we will be there in 2014. Of course, those are the dates we are hoping for. With DH's school schedule, we won't know until closer to the time. My big goal now is to lose some weight before then! :) I have time, right??? A little at a time should be better than trying to lose a whole bunch right before we leave!

Has anyone stayed at CBR?? We are trying to decide if we want to pay the extra for there or stay value. Any advice?? Thanks! :goodvibes

Hiya! :) just checking in..it has been awhile. We are hoping for free dining, too. They opened it up for this year on the dates that we will be there in 2014. Of course, those are the dates we are hoping for. With DH's school schedule, we won't know until closer to the time. My big goal now is to lose some weight before then! :) I have time, right??? A little at a time should be better than trying to lose a whole bunch right before we leave!

Has anyone stayed at CBR?? We are trying to decide if we want to pay the extra for there or stay value. Any advice?? Thanks! :goodvibes

I have to lose weight before the trip as my 20 year high school reunion is next year! :eek: Then I have to maintain it off for the trip the following summer. :rotfl:

We have never stayed at CBR, but I'm also throwing the idea around of staying somewhere other than a value. Maybe Wilderness Lodge? Going to head over to the resorts board and take a look on others' opinions.

On day 3 of eating better and it's not so bad. I was a coke junkie and I am only drinking water and diet green tea and have noticed a HUGE amount of bloat gone just from taking away the soda. I am using the spark people app and its really great--I'm not obsessed with calorie counting but it was helpful last night when I had to eat out and didn't know what I wanted that wasn't 1500 calories!

I pick up a treadmill tomorrow and I have started step 1 of 30 day shred (i was sure i was dead after that workout monday!)

Hopefully by our January 2014 trip I will look and feel better and want to be in more photos with my family!! 35lbs isn't impossible

On day 3 of eating better and it's not so bad. I was a coke junkie and I am only drinking water and diet green tea and have noticed a HUGE amount of bloat gone just from taking away the soda. I am using the spark people app and its really great--I'm not obsessed with calorie counting but it was helpful last night when I had to eat out and didn't know what I wanted that wasn't 1500 calories!

I pick up a treadmill tomorrow and I have started step 1 of 30 day shred (i was sure i was dead after that workout monday!)

Hopefully by our January 2014 trip I will look and feel better and want to be in more photos with my family!! 35lbs isn't impossible

I use myfitnesspal. I had done Weight Watchers through work after first DD, but not that I'm home, I had to find a cheaper alternative. Zumba has been my exercise of choice, but I feel like I need to change it up. I'm embarrassed to say I have the 30 day shred and haven't even taken the plastic wrap off. :guilty: Maybe I should dust if off...

I use myfitnesspal. I had done Weight Watchers through work after first DD, but not that I'm home, I had to find a cheaper alternative. Zumba has been my exercise of choice, but I feel like I need to change it up. I'm embarrassed to say I have the 30 day shred and haven't even taken the plastic wrap off. :guilty: Maybe I should dust if off...

The shred is tough for sure, but I know it will give me results. Right now I am only doing it once a week on Step 1. WW is tough when you have kids/family. I will use WW recipes and such from online but I dont buy the food or anything unless I find a good coupon

The shred is tough for sure, but I know it will give me results. Right now I am only doing it once a week on Step 1. WW is tough when you have kids/family. I will use WW recipes and such from online but I dont buy the food or anything unless I find a good coupon

I rarely bought the WW food. I made the point system work for the foods I liked. I was able to maintain my weight loss even after I got laid off (program was through work) up until I got pregnant with youngest DD.

I tried going back to WW but I was completely confused with their new point system. Then I found myfitnesspal.com and as long as I can log in my food, it's just as easy.

I'm starting up Zumba again in Sept and will make an effort to crack open the Shred DVD. :rotfl:

I mentioned to DH that I want to go to Disney again soon and he said 2 years, so 2014 it is! I do think we will both be in school and our kiddos will be in Kindergarten so I'm not sure when we will go. I would LOVE to go in October, but that may not work too well.

We *really* want a dining plan this time to we can experience all the fun places to eat. I want to go do Be Our Guest too. I'm thinking a longer trip this time, going to Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc. :woohoo:

BFF trip with the girlfriends to celebrate our 50th birthdays!!!! No kids so we'll be flexible with dates, will wait to see what deals come out and go for a value season reasonable crowds best price extravaganza!:cool1:

I soooooo want to do Florida Easter 2014. We live in the UK and have 2 children at school. So can only come during the school holidays. I have just but a deposit on a Disney Med Cruise for June 2013, but to be honest my hearts not it I want Florida. So will probably cancel. Just want the prices to come out for 2014 so I can see if I can afford it or not.

Sarah :o/

We are not doing any hardcore planning as of yet, but have been toying with the idea of a whole family vacay to Disney sometime in 2014. I have been pricing out our different options, looking into camping, and researching offsite.

I think I finally know when we are going in 2014 ~ the end of May/first week of June. DREADING the heat but with my DDs school schedule, that is what will work best.

We well, I am planning (DH doesn't know yet) a 2014 trip!! Would love to go 2013 but we are suppose to start construction on our home the spring of '13 so I am sure $ will be tight... Can't wait to go back!! Love WDW!!

I am hoping for a December 2014 trip. We have never been to the world at Christmas time and I want to experience it with all the decorations and events.

It seems so far away but makes it easier on the budget to plan trips a year or two in advance. Especially with the cost of Disney...it's worth it but still pricey.

I keep postponing our WDW trip for other things. I wanted to go next year, but a trip to visit family in NY is more important. I am now aiming for December 2014.

Leslie

We are 2 weeks away from our 2012 trip and jokingly started looking for a 2014 thread!! I guess the DIS really are my peeps! Thinking of going in early Nov 2014, but not sure I can wait that long!!

I have been thinking of trying to do an Oct. 2014 trip. I would love to go for the MNSSHP! We are taking our kids this coming Jan for their very first time and they have NO IDEA! I have a feeling that we will be planning another trip very soon and Im shooting for an Oct. 2014 time frame. I will begin to save once we return from our upcoming Jan trip. Small amounts at first (until I get the green light from DH ;) ) and then bigger amounts as we get the 12mo mark.

I really want to go in January of 2014 around second or third week, my husband and I are going for the first time this December alone. I wanted to take our two boys. Nicholas will almost be three in February and Jordan will be turning two in June. I want to take them while their still free, but not sure if they will enjoy themselves.

Well tucked in the back of this years school calendar is the 2013/2014 calendar--our dates for the next trip will be Jan 18-24!! The DDs are off school Mon-Wed of that week so they will only miss Thursday and Friday.. We love going in January--value season, low crowds (minus the tour groups but they don't bother us a bit) and not too hot, too cold or too rainy!

So now I must sit back and save every penny I can from my PT job (I literally work to pay for Disney vacations! LOL):rotfl2: The next questions is will it be POR or Boardwalk???? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter