Anyone planning a trip for sept-nov 2014?

Would anyone be able to share a estimate on how much it would cost for Melbourne/Sydney to Orlando with about 10 days at Disney (value hotels)and 4 at Universal. I am planning on budgeting about 10,000 for 3 adults and am wondering if I am grossly underestimating how much it would actually cost.

I think a lot depends on when you want to travel, it cost us an average of $1600 per person last year for the flights. I think you could do it, just do lots of research before you book anything. There is lots of information on this site as well as others on the net that will help. For our first holiday I did a lot of pretend bookings on the WDW site to get a variety of prices for accommodation, also see if there are any deals at the times you want to travel, free dining etc as food is one of our biggest expenses. :)

Would anyone be able to share a estimate on how much it would cost for Melbourne/Sydney to Orlando with about 10 days at Disney (value hotels)and 4 at Universal. I am planning on budgeting about 10,000 for 3 adults and am wondering if I am grossly underestimating how much it would actually cost.

Hi

Not sure if this will help but I have just booked my SIL's & partners trip - Sydney to Orlando return, 10 days WDW + 4 night cruise. The breakdown each was:

Flights SYD - MCO return $1550 each
Cruise - 4 night $900 each
WDW - 10 nights, value hotel + Park Pass + extras $2200 each

Thank you both for your answers, I plan to go in mid October, and I have been researching and reading these forums for a while. There's so much good information on here

Hi

Flights SYD - MCO return $1550 each
Cruise - 4 night $900 each
WDW - 10 nights, value hotel + Park Pass + extras $2200 each

Nessa those are rather good flight prices, who is it flying with?

Just playing on WDW site, 11 nights/ten day park hopper and more at an all stars resort $2800 USD, this is all in one room.(total for 3)
Universal 3 nights/ 3 days around $1500. This is on site.

This is standard pricing not including any discounts etc so $10000 seems very doable
If you wanted to save a bit cut a night at universal, two nights gives you three days of express pass, which is enough.

Yes, QF are much more expensive than Virgin - will look at changing credit cards in the future to combat this. I'll have a chat to work as well and see if I can salary sacrifice the flights (I'm attending an industry event over there as well).

I like the idea of staying off site, and have take on board all the fabulous advice on this board re WDW as we did DL and just walked back to the hotel. Not something we'd attempt at WDW! :rotfl:

for those going to disneyland have you decided where to stay?
is 7 nights enough to see all in disneyland with 2 little kids allowing for rest time and no rushing?

for those going to disneyland have you decided where to stay?
is 7 nights enough to see all in disneyland with 2 little kids allowing for rest time and no rushing?

We've got a split stay - our first weekend will be the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend for the 10km, then we'll go and explore a bit more of California, and come back to Disneyland a couple of weeks later. I've booked the Desert Inn & Suites for the first weekend, as it is nice and close to the starting line ;) Also, they have a good room configuration for us to share a 2 bedroom suite and still have our own space. We haven't decided where we'll stay for the other week yet.

Last time we went we had 6 days in the parks. We certainly didn't rush, didn't get there for opening, didn't stay until closing every day, had some nice meals, spent some time people watching etc. While we were there they had lots of closures, and there were no parades, the DCA expansion hadn't quite happened yet (The Little Mermaid opened about a month after we left). We didn't do everything - there were a few rides we weren't interested in etc, but we did everything we wanted to and could, and did our favourites several times. I could have easily spent another week there, but I think 7 nights would be enough time to do most things at a reasonable pace :thumbsup2

We didn't do everything - there were a few rides we weren't interested in etc, but we did everything we wanted to and could, and did our favourites several times. I could have easily spent another week there, but I think 7 nights would be enough time to do most things at a reasonable pace :thumbsup2

Agreed, Crazy Cat Boy and I did both parks at DL in 2 days with hoppers in October and spent the third day revisiting, taking photos etc. So with 7 nights and children, that would be an ideal time to spend there.

In 2 months we can all say "We are going this year!"

And in a year I will be home from my holiday:(

How is the planning going everyone? I have been spending a bit of time on the cruise boards on here learning about the ins and outs if DCL - sounds like so much fun:)

I have also read about Discovery Cove in Florida which is now a must do:) I think it will be a highlight (in a trip of highlights!). Still haven't decided on accom for the week before our cruise or the 2 nights after our cruise before our stay at WDW. Think we might stay at Pop or Art of Animation for the two nights, they look fun. We won't have theme park tickets for those 2 nights but we might do the MNSSHP one of the nights:)

Waiting for a good flights deal before I book anything else so I am sure of our arrival date.

In 2 months we can all say "We are going this year!"

:thumbsup2

How is the planning going everyone? I have been spending a bit of time on the cruise boards on here learning about the ins and outs if DCL - sounds like so much fun:)

While I'm always on the lookout for ideas, my serious planning has taken a short hiatus while I get the nitty gritty sorted out for our trip to SE Asia in Feb/March. Must be fun researching for your cruise :goodvibes

The only booking I have done so far is our accommodation for the half marathon weekend (wanted to get in before the RunDisney and Labor Day weekend masses :eek:). I've booked a family parlour suite at Deser Inn & Suites for 3 nights.

Like you, I am also waiting for some decent airfares to show themselves :rolleyes1

I guess I am in the same situation as others, waiting for the fares........
Once I have the fares booked I will have an idea on exactly how long we will be away. Some fares have restrictions on when you have to return etc. I have booked WDW accommodation and our cruise but the rest of our holiday will depend. There is so much I would like to see and do, it will also depend on money.

So far I have 1 week before and 1 week after our cruise booked at the Boardwalk Resort, I want to change that but have to wait until the 7 month mark and also depending on if I can get a points transfer. Hopefully if all goes well it will be 1 week at Wilderness, 3/4 nights BLT, our cruise then 1 week at Boardwalk. If money permits I wouldnt mind having a few nights off site at universal. The other weeks prior to disney is all up in the air.

Virgin flights at the moment are not bad, but DH wants to wait and see what happens, I am nervous as this might be as good as it gets and I dont want to miss out.:worried:

Yay I can join this now, I was originally going in June 2015 but Florida Georgia cruise are doing a 5 night cruise leaving from Miami in november 2014 and since I am obsessed with them and I got a promotion at work I decided there was no way I was missing the cruise. And since Miami is do close to Orlando I'm adding on disneyworld and universal after the cruise and of course a stop at a Walmart or 2 lol.
I can't wait to start planning :)

HI, I am planning on taking my 2 girls, ages 5 and 12 to Disnayland in late Sept/Oct. :cheer2: Was supposed to be January but finances wouldnt allow it so put it off 6 months.

Keeping on eye out for cheap flights and will go from there.

This will be mine and Miss 5's first visit, and we are super excited. Miss 12 was chosen to go with a group in Oct this year so she's the seasoned traveller now and has made suggestions on what to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter