• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone on board now? Halloween celebrations

cpdrn7

DIS Veteran
Any reports on how it was? What was events going on and what were the times?
Just too curious....going in nineteen days !!!

32 days left to wait for us. I am curious as well, especially now that it's fleet-wide and for a longer period of time!

Sailed Fantasy last week and there were no Halloween decorations or festivities.

Got off the Magic on Saturday and there was nothing Halloween like. And nothing listed anywhere about anything coming up (we were on the last cruise before the WBTA so perhaps they would roll it out while crossing the Atlantic). This could well have been because it was in Europe though and we don't celebrate Halloween (although it seems to be somewhat more popular in recent years).

My friend got off the Dream yesterday and they started putting up decorations as everyone was leaving the ship.

We just did a back to back that ended yesterday on the Dream and when we reboarded between cruises they were practicing their Halloween lobby musical show with all the characters. Our daughter basically got a private preview of the whole live show with Donald dancing with her one on one for 10 min or so during the practice. She is only 17 months old but she really enjoyed that special moment. And of course those moments always make mommy and daddy happy too.

Even my 8 year old is eagerly following this topic. She keeps asking me if people have shared the Halloween info yet. She wants to know if she can go trick or treating on our cruise. :confused: A week long Caribbean cruise, and she's worried about the candy. Kids. They keep you focused on the important things. :bitelip:

Got off the Magic on Saturday and there was nothing Halloween like. And nothing listed anywhere about anything coming up (we were on the last cruise before the WBTA so perhaps they would roll it out while crossing the Atlantic). This could well have been because it was in Europe though and we don't celebrate Halloween (although it seems to be somewhat more popular in recent years).

I would imagine all the decorations are stored in Florida, so it would be difficult to put them up before returning from Europe.

I would imagine all the decorations are stored in Florida, so it would be difficult to put them up before returning from Europe.

I'm on the 9/20 Magic which is the first after the WBTA. No Halloween decorations for us...They go up on the next cruise.

I was on the Dream last October and quite frankly I wasn't impressed with the Halloween decorations. There were some window clings in the portholes and the Halloween tree. Seemed a bit lame for me and I really enjoy Halloween.

Jill in CO

The Magic isn't going back to Florida until October. The current WBTA ends in San Juan. So if the dates above are correct, I would imagine the decorations are already stored on ship.

I was on the Dream last October and quite frankly I wasn't impressed with the Halloween decorations. There were some window clings in the portholes and the Halloween tree. Seemed a bit lame for me and I really enjoy Halloween.

Jill in CO

Agreed.

We'll be on Dream again this October, and I'm kinda hoping it's better. But if not, I'm really hoping those ridiculous window clings are GONE.

Agreed.

We'll be on Dream again this October, and I'm kinda hoping it's better. But if not, I'm really hoping those ridiculous window clings are GONE.

Awww I likda like the pics of the window clings, I am hoping it is not the only decor, but I am excited... 43 days!!!

Last year was a test to see how the holiday thing went. I personally loved those clings and hope they are still there...but whether they are or not isn't going to ruin my cruise.

ok ...seems like this is the first week with the new celebrations...so let's hope we get some answers soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter