Anyone on a Disney Cruise lately? GFV

I met with our guide when I was at WDW in June and she stated very clearly (very...VERY clearly) that the practice of having different promotions on the ship and on land has ended. She said that it was not fair to the land based DVC Guides to have to compete with better pricing on Disney Cruise Line.

She said that they have 'right priced' the Villas at the Grand Floridian and are targeting a much longer sell out process than past resorts. She said the DVD expenditure per villa at the Grand Floridian (cost per sqft) is the highest ever on the WDW property. (She said due to construction costs and legal practices in Hawaii Aulani was actually more expensive to build) but that VGF is most luxurious accommodations DVC has ever built - and after touring, I can definitely say - she is absolutely correct.

I really don't seem them ever selling for less than $150 now - and they may do some minor promos, but I don't think we will ever see promotions like they did on SSR, AKV, and BLT. They are doing the 'back dated points' scheme... and I say scheme... but it really isn't one and there is a good deal of value... only paying 1/12 of your yearly dues... but getting 100% of your yearly points right off the bat - it is a deal... not earth shattering... or a compelling reason to buy...but a good deal none-the-less.

Our guide said that the leadership changes at DVC have really made some major differences in the way things are operating at DVC.

After the major goofs they made with the opening of Aulani that cost Jim Lewis his job... it's good to hear that Disney has tightened their operation some to assure that the organization and processes are working for cast members... and members alike.

I still think that Disney has some major plans ahead for DVC - and I really do think that some day you will see a tiered benefits plan of some sort... but that's off topic...

If what our guide says is true - you will not get a better offer on DCL than you will at WDW, or by phone. The price for VFG is $150 p/p.

However, we did refer a family recently and they did receive a referral discount - so that may be in place still.
I understand what you are saying, but they still give a pretty good on board credit if you buy on the ship. I recall a $1000 OBC being offered. It was stated during the initial DVC meeting. This was July 27, 2013.

I understand what you are saying, but they still give a pretty good on board credit if you buy on the ship. I recall a $1000 OBC being offered. It was stated during the initial DVC meeting. This was July 27, 2013.

This is no different from the current incentive. They are giving $1000 via phone call or at the parks/resorts too for Aulani/AKV. Not for the GFV though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter