# Value Resorts (All Stars and Pop Century) - $74 standard
# Moderate Resorts - $109 standard
# Wilderness Lodge - $139 standard, $224 studio
# Animal Kingdom Lodge - $139 standard
# Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club - $234 standard
# Polynesian - $254 garden view
# Grand Floridian - $294 garden view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Above are the rates with an AP during regular season April 17 to July 4th. Below are the rates from 2/17-4/16 which is peak season. The values are the same & the moderates are more!!???!!! That is showing that there has been a rate increase that wasn't announced...at least that is how I am looking at it. A moderate is actually cheaper by $5 in peak season... $104-Peak $109-regular a value resort $74 peak & $74 regular season :confused3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
# Value Resorts (All Stars and Pop Century) - $74 standard
# Moderate Resorts - $104 standard
# Wilderness Lodge - $156 standard, $170 woods view
# Animal Kingdom Lodge - $199 savannah view
# Contemporary - $199 garden wing standard view, $317 tower
# Beach Club/Boardwalk/Yacht Club - $271 garden view
# Polynesian - $287 garden view

There has not been a rate increase that I've heard of. I just believe they are not discounting the rooms as steeply this summer as they have in the past couple of summers because they have less rooms to fill. We only made our ressies about a month before the AP discounts, and it was the same rack rate that was published in the Birnbaum's Official Guide, so as far as I know rates haven't gone up. In fact, we are paying $109/night for POR. In 6/2000 we paid the exact same rate (AP discount) for CSR.

it's not that there was a rate increase, it is just that the discounts they are offering right now are not as steep as they were before. The codes for Feb - April were relased at the end of last year before the new Magic Your Way pricing structure went into affect. The new campaign of a family of 4 for under $1500 at a value has been VERY successful and the 50th celebration is also drawing people in. CRO has had 3+ record breaking months in a row in terms of # of bookings made for that month when compared to the same month in previous years. They just don't have as many rooms to fill right now so they aren't offering as big of a discount.

It isn't a price increase because the rack rate was not increased. The rack rate isthe actual price of the room, not the discounted price.

There hasn't been a rate increase - the WDW site lists the rack rates for each season. They just seem to have fewer rooms to sell, so they don't need to offer deep discounts.

CRO has had 3+ record breaking months in a row in terms of # of bookings made for that month when compared to the same month in previous years.
Can you tell me where you found this info? I tried to find it and was told that Disney does not release it's booking numbers.

I see what you are all saying that technically there isn't a rate increase. It only seems the lower discount is on the lower priced resorts. I know last year, I paid $79 for the same dates at Port Orleans. Just seems funny that you can get a better rate in peak season than you can during regular season. This is the first time that I have seen it more money during regular season than it is during peak. To me (yes I know it isn't a true increase), it is an increase if you are paying more for a time of year that is cheaper :confused3 Do you see what I am saying????

CRO has had 3+ record breaking months in a row in terms of # of bookings made for that month when compared to the same month in previous years.

it was mentioned by our Disney sales rep. It seems like I read it somewhere too but I'm not sure where. I'll see if I can find it. She mentioned that in response to questions about the possibility of a public code and the AP rates being higher than they were in the last couple of years. They don't release hard numbers but this is just saying "the trend is showing that this new marketing plan is working."

I noticed what you're saying too A Mickeyfan. I'm just hoping they're going to go back down in July and after :wizard:
We paid $74 for a moderate last year checking in on July 4th, this year we would have to pay $109 :earseek:

too me if they are not offering as much of a discount it is the same as a rate increase to my wallet! So yes, I agree with the OP they have increased their prices! :crazy:

You used to get a percentage off and now it's a flat rate which is less. They haven't had a rate increase, they just don't take as much off for us AP holders and/or Florida residents.

DMRick said:
Can you tell me where you found this info? I tried to find it and was told that Disney does not release it's booking numbers.

Doris, Disney doesn't officially release it's booking numbers. That's a given. The information about bookings increasing comes from anectodal quotes, as the poster confirmed as well as industry data. Disney may not release information but the airlines do. Some of the information also comes from TA's.

All available information indicates bookings are up. The question that we really want to know is are they high enough to preclude additional discounts. All the speculating we're doing ON BOTH SIDES OF THE QUESTION is either a complete waste of time or fun bantering. Certainly anything we post or speculate does little to shed light on the question.

If I were Disney I'd be concerned that general code discounts may be reducing the rates of guests who've already booked rather than getting new bookings. Prehaps new discounts will be released with a shorter lead time. Maybe even after the penalty kicks on all the packages Disney is selling.

cjsmith said:
You used to get a percentage off and now it's a flat rate which is less. They haven't had a rate increase, they just don't take as much off for us AP holders and/or Florida residents.

The code that is effect now for peak season is not a flat rate, it is a percentage. There are times that they do a percentage & times that they do a flate rate. It has been like that for a while now. I just still find it odd :confused3 that you can get a room cheaper during peak than regular season. Something isn't right... if it is cheaper during peak, than peak shouldn't be considered peak (at least not for the value & moderate resorts). Peak should = higher rates, Regular should = lower and they aren't showing lower at all resorts, only on deluxes. Deluxe's have alway had an earlier value season than mods & value resorts, seems now they are the ones getting the better discount. To me Disney's stratagie is to fill the more expensive rooms with the steeper discount. Most guests see it as a better deal. they are happy since they are saving $100 as opposed to $25 or $40. Disney is happy since they are making $239 as opposed to $109.... do you see what I am saying. So no, they haven't "raised" thier prices for the rooms, they have just changed their marketing. But no matter how you say it, if I am paying more, there was an "increase", more = increase = higher :crazy:

The information about bookings increasing comes from anectodal quotes, as the poster confirmed as well as industry data.
Which is just what I said. We know nothing for sure. Just conjecture and talk. One travel agent says one thing, another says something else. It wasn't too long ago right on this board a person said her brother, I believe it was, had just come back from a Disney TA meeting, and said there will be no discounts (including AP and FL)..and shortly thereafter, discounts were released. Once I start seeing people having trouble booking at rack rates, I'll believe the rooms are filling. What I do see with my own eyes, is different ways Disney is marketing to try to fill rooms..the $1500 special, the late nights, bringing back the early morning and the free airport transportation. Obviously, they still have to work at getting people to come and stay with them, it just might not be as we have been used to it (general codes, etc).

A Mickeyfan said:
The code that is effect now for peak season is not a flat rate, it is a percentage. There are times that they do a percentage & times that they do a flate rate. It has been like that for a while now. I just still find it odd :confused3 that you can get a room cheaper during peak than regular season. Something isn't right... if it is cheaper during peak, than peak shouldn't be considered peak (at least not for the value & moderate resorts). Peak should = higher rates, Regular should = lower and they aren't showing lower at all resorts, only on deluxes. Deluxe's have alway had an earlier value season than mods & value resorts, seems now they are the ones getting the better discount. To me Disney's stratagie is to fill the more expensive rooms with the steeper discount. Most guests see it as a better deal. they are happy since they are saving $100 as opposed to $25 or $40. Disney is happy since they are making $239 as opposed to $109.... do you see what I am saying. So no, they haven't "raised" thier prices for the rooms, they have just changed their marketing. But no matter how you say it, if I am paying more, there was an "increase", more = increase = higher :crazy:

The codes that are in effect for the regular season however are a flat rate and that's when the OP was talking about. Regular season is lower with the dscount at the Yacht and Beach clubs. I had a room booked at the Yacht Club with the Florida resident rate for the weekend of 4/15 and I changed it to 4/29 due to the fact that not only was it cheaper, but it won't be spring break.

It would seem to me that fewer and less generous discounts are all the "official confirmation" you need that bookings are up.

And, if I had to bet, I'd bet that the profit margin on the hotels (particularly at rack) is MUCH higher than the profit margin on the parks. From a business point of view, I'm guessing that one can justify the parks as a loss leader for the hotels, which is why we've seen park admission discounted (but only for long stays), EMHs extended, ME introduced, etc.

DMRick said:
The information about bookings increasing comes from anectodal quotes, as the poster confirmed as well as industry data.
Which is just what I said. We know nothing for sure. Just conjecture and talk.

Doris WE KNOW bookings are up, for sure. There have been more than enough articles in the travel sections of newspapers to confirm it as well as anectodal information. The only question is are the bookings up so much as to make further discounts less likely. We haven't that slightest idea if that's true BUT guests calling up on a daily basis, some more often than daily, asking if there is a secret code that'll reduce the rate they've already reserved has to be giving Disney reason to question they way they discount rooms.

Disney is backing guests into package plans with cancellation penalties. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the discounts, particularly for FL residents, are released with short notice so existing reservations don't have to be reduced.

cjsmith said:
The codes that are in effect for the regular season however are a flat rate and that's when the OP was talking about. Regular season is lower with the dscount at the Yacht and Beach clubs. I had a room booked at the Yacht Club with the Florida resident rate for the weekend of 4/15 and I changed it to 4/29 due to the fact that not only was it cheaper, but it won't be spring break.
Not sure by what you mean OP. Original poster for this thread or original poster for theflat rates vs the % post (& you are that original poster), I am the original thread starter??? I know that the rates are lower for the deluxe with codes during regular season. That isn't the point I was trying to make, I am saying that the value & mods are not at a lower rate during regular season as opposed to peak season. This is the first time that I have ever seen regular season rates higher than peak season rates for any of the Disney Resorts. I just find it odd. I hope Disney isn't going to completly phase out discounts for FL residents. We live here & (most of us) do go often. I myself am not going to do a package when I have an AP. Most Fl AP holders, I am sure, feel the same way. If Disney was to do that...then they better start paying some of our taxes for the road improvements that our state needs to do & pay for due to the tourist industry Fl has...and Disney being the largest in our state. As of now, Disney is getting a tax break on some of its land. They claim it is agricultural (can't spell sorry) so they get the break. Meanwhile I-4 is horrible to drive on & we are all paying for it to be widened. I know I am getting off topic here.. sorry.. but as a fellow Floridian, do you see what I am saying... I am sure you see the road conditions, you live south of me & must take the same roads I do to get there... even if you take US17 to US27, you still end up on I-4 where the big mess it :crazy:

Lewisc said:
Disney is backing guests into package plans with cancellation penalties. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the discounts, particularly for FL residents, are released with short notice so existing reservations don't have to be reduced.

I have to agree with you here, I think that is what is going to happen. The other day when I was on the phone with one of the CM's she said something simular to that as well. She said she wouldn't be surprised if they started releasing them closer to the actual date of use. Her example was that they may end up coming out within a week of the usage date. I am not saying that she said this was going to happen, she wasn't giving inside info or anything. It was just in conversation and her thoughts on the rate codes. Boy, trying to get a deal on a room at Disney is getting worse than trying to get a deal on a car :rotfl: You know...never pay sticker price.... instead never pay rake rate ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter