Anyone notice 2012 DDP....

mouser_momof2

Mouseketeer
That some restaurants aren't listed as being on the regular Dining Plan, just the Deluxe?

For Example, 'Ohana- but I have noticed it on others as well.

Says 2011 1 credit for all DP's

2012 1 credit for Deluxe, Premium and Platninum. Nothing for regular.

Will this change? I'm paying out of pocket for the dining plan, but no way I'm going to keep it if it's like this.

I saw this last night and had a discussion on here with another member about it. She thinks it's a glitch. I just called to book my room and had her transfer me to ADR and she told me that we can still use the TS credit towards those restaraunts...thank goodness!!!!!

If you're using the on-line system, note that it is notoriously bad at properly indicating how various restaurants do or do not accept the dining plans.

The website is routinely wrong about such things. Ohana is 1 credit, under all of the plans. That hasn't changed for 2012.

I've been frustrated by this too. We want to eat at Teppan Edo again, as we have the past several years, but it is not listed as part of the Regular Dining Plan. We also wanted to do Hoop De Doo again (it's been a few years), but it is listed the same way. It used to be 2 credits, Cat 2 or 3 only with Dining Plan.

Does anyone know if Teppan Edo and HDDR are no longer acceptin regular Dining Plan credits, or is this a glitch? Where can I get an accurate list of participating dining plan restaurants if the 2012 brochure isn't correct?

I've been frustrated by this too. We want to eat at Teppan Edo again, as we have the past several years, but it is not listed as part of the Regular Dining Plan. We also wanted to do Hoop De Doo again (it's been a few years), but it is listed the same way. It used to be 2 credits, Cat 2 or 3 only with Dining Plan.

Does anyone know if Teppan Edo and HDDR are no longer acceptin regular Dining Plan credits, or is this a glitch? Where can I get an accurate list of participating dining plan restaurants if the 2012 brochure isn't correct?
HDDR will be for the same deal as 2011.

Teppan most likely will be, but the brochure isn't fully updated for non-Disney Owned restaurants as they have until the end of the year to sign on. However, since only one restaurant has ever dropped the plan (Fulton's in 2006 after one year on the plan), it's very highly unlikely that any further will drop off for 2012. Once the contracts are in, the brochure will be reprinted with the new information.

The website grid is notoriously wrong. I don't think we've seen a single location that is on DxDDP but not on DDP (premium and platinum are different), so typically, if it accepts one it will accept the other.

My best advice regarding this is DO NOT use the Disney website for restaurant planning. They're wrong too much. Use the DDP brochures (you will find links to the brochures in the sticky threads above and they can be seen on the Disney website - trust the lists on the brochures before you trust the individual restaurant entries on the website).

There is no such thing as a restaurant that will take the regular DDP but not the deluxe DDP or vice versa. All restaurants that accept the regular will also accept the deluxe. There are currently some restaurants that accept only dinign credits from the Premium and Platinum Package Plans, which are not Disney Dining Plans but are lumped in with the dining plans on the website (another reason not to use the website for planning).

Hoop de Doo Revue IS listed on the 2012 brochure.

Thanks for the input!

I did check the brochure, and most are listed there- just not the ones in DTD yet.

Can't wait til the brochure is finalized.0\

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter