Anyone NOT like Epcot?

Lbg206

Mouseketeer
I seem to be in the VAST minority on this and have really only seen two other people make their opinion known on here lately that epcot just wasn't their favorite....besides me of course. I noticed it especially in the thread talking about you should either skip AK or just spend half a day which for me would NOT be possible. I need at least two full days there to get through everything and i LOVE AK, but that's beside the point. I don't care whether you love or hate that park or MK or DHS. I'm just wondering how many people don't really have an interest in Epcot and could either do just half a day there or skip it all together and not really be that upsetting? Anyone??

When I was akid in the 80's and early 90's I assumed it was because it was more geared toward adults with a lot less rides....thrill rides or otherwise. I was really looking forward to last year when I went for the first time as an adult and thought I'd have a new appreciation for it, but I was quite disappointed that didn't happen. I still didn't like it. I LOVE Test Track and Soarin', and I always would return to do the Nemo ride, Turtle Talk, and Honey I shurunk the audience (yes I know it's not there anymore though :-( ) but honestly that's all I have interest in other that Illuminations. I don't lik eWorld Showcase at all I'm a fairy picky eater even as an adult so the restaurants are out and just walking around the different countries does not appeal to me at all and as for Futureworld those 4 or 5 rides mentioned are about all I care to do.

I'm quite satisfied spending half a day there and that's plenty. Anyone else with me since it seems about 98% of you guys not only enjoy Epcot but seem to LOVE it which I just don't get. Who else doesn't like it?

EP and MK are my two favorite. Followed by AK and lastly DHS. I spend at least 1 day or more at EP. I could skip DHS completely.

I honestly could care less about Epcot, and neither could my husband. We just didn't like the layout of the park at all. We weren't interested in very many of the attractions there. Honestly, we will only spend about half a day there this year.

I have had a love/hate relationship w/it as well! But, have to say we always find something to do that we like.

We like Soarin' and Test Track. I also like Figment....for the nostalgia. Pre-DD, we just ambled around doing whatever w/no real plan other than the above mentioned rides. We do like just hanging around the countries and shopping...no real stratagy, just whatever and we've found some pretty cool things doing this.

Now w/DD we can do Living Seas for about and hour and do the character meet and greet so we get that out of the way. After hopefully getting on Soarin and TT, that's about all for us. So yea, it's hot or miss depending on what you want to see/do. W/ my bros it's more about Nostalgia so when they come along, we do as much as possible and make fun of it....like when we went in 92 and waited for an hour an a half to go on the Norway Ride...LOL!

I am definitely a big fan of Epcot, but not really because of the attractions or the things to do. I love Soarin' and TT, of course, but you can do both of those and be on your way pretty quickly. For me, it's the atmosphere and the openness of the park. I find Epcot to be the least claustrophobic of the four; I love the cheesy music; and I think that the landscaping and the water are really beautiful. I could spend days just wandering around the shops, drink in hand, or sitting on a bench watching people. Of course if that's not your cup of tea Epcot isn't quite as fun, but if it is, I think Epcot is the best option for a place to go and take in the sights, slow down and relax, etc.

I have had a love/hate relationship w/it as well! But, have to say we always find something to do that we like.

We like Soarin' and Test Track. I also like Figment....for the nostalgia. Pre-DD, we just ambled around doing whatever w/no real plan other than the above mentioned rides. We do like just hanging around the countries and shopping...no real stratagy, just whatever and we've found some pretty cool things doing this.

Now w/DD we can do Living Seas for about and hour and do the character meet and greet so we get that out of the way. After hopefully getting on Soarin and TT, that's about all for us. So yea, it's hot or miss depending on what you want to see/do. W/ my bros it's more about Nostalgia so when they come along, we do as much as possible and make fun of it....like when we went in 92 and waited for an hour an a half to go on the Norway Ride...LOL!

Yep, it's the nostalgic factor for us as well. DS(15) texted me from school a couple of months ago that he had the Figment song going through his head and could we possibly schedule a trip this summer...ergo, I quickly planned our August trip! Epcot is just our "family" park, not necessarily our favorite, but one we've made tons of memories in and the kids would be appalled if we skipped it, even without the thrill rides.

Although I don't like it as well as, say, Epcot in 1986 or so, it's still my favorite park. Personally, I think the thrill rides (Mission Space & Test Track) are not as good at fulfilling the Epcot "theme" as their predecessors Horizons and World of Motion.

I haven't been to AK for many years - it's totally skippable in my book. To each his own - that's why Disney is so great!

I like Epcot, but mostly because of the World Showcase. The only ride that I really like is Spaceship Earth. If Horizons, World of Motion, the original Imagination, etc. were all still there, it would probably be my favorite park. The big rides like Mission: Space, Test Track, and Soarin' are just not really that great, to me. They're not educational enough to be on par with Spaceship Earth, and not thrilling enough to be on par with Rock'n Rollercoaster or Expedition Everest.

I do, however, really like to stroll around World Showcase. I like sampling beers (none of which are really anything you couldn't find at your local grocer) and perhaps some snacks; but really I just like the easy pace and the sightseeing (this includes the people watching).

You are not alone. Epcot is my family's least favorite park. We love Test Track and Soarin', but really that's it. However, that being said, I am going to make a point of trying a couple of the World Showcase CS foods this year (trying to broaden my horizons - LOL).

My DH and I are really not huge fans of Epcot. We dedicate a half day to do what we want there and that's it. We find most of the park dated and just not that interesting. We do like certain parts of the WS though, which is where we spend the majority of our time there. Growing up we spent a ton of time at Epcot, and I remember as a kid, really just wanting to go the MK and other "fun" parks. Epcot always seemed less fun and more educational. Not sure if how I feel is a carry-over of that! To each his own I guess :goodvibes

We loved Epcot and didn't care for Animal Kingdom. I guess that's the wonderful thing about Disney. They have something for everyone!

Epcot is not ranked high in our list of parks when in Orlando

In order we like (including Universal)

DHS,
IOA
Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon
MK
US
Epcot
AK

I will join you in the minority catagory! Reading your post was like reading my mind!! lol

Epcot is a half day for us. Although we haven't been through all of WS, it just doesn't interest me. DH would probably love it, but because we would rather spend time in MK and AK it gets left out.

As others, Futureworld is what we like at Epcot, TT and Soarin'. We do love San Angel Inn and LeCellier, and try to get to Coral Reef but haven't made it yet.
We to have to have 2 days at AK, we love that park! And of course MK, usually that is 2 1/2 days...can't get enough.

But as others have said that is what is great about WDW, something for everyone.

EP and MK are my two favorite. Followed by AK and lastly DHS. I spend at least 1 day or more at EP. I could skip DHS completely.

ITA!! We always spend at least 2 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 1/2 at AK, and maybe 1/2 day at DHS. Short trips, we don't bother with DHS at all, but we have to hit MK, Epcot, and AK.

I love Epcot the best. What's not to love? The world showcase is the best attraction there. Speaking for myslef, I will never have that type of $ to travel to all those countries. So instead, Epcot offers a little taste of thier cultures with great food and drinks. The atmosphere is very alluring too. I just don't see how anyone could quite possibly dislike Epcot.

Actually, after reading an "I don't like Epcot"esque thread I was inspired by all the epcot defenders to give it another chance with an open mind. I am actually looking forward to going there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter