Anyone NOT get up in the middle of the night and still got ressies?

Caren90

DIS Veteran
I noticed a couple of threads about people getting up at 3 am to pre-book their reservations for Palo etc. Is this really necessary? I am a CC member so can book at 90 days, but so were these people. Is this what everyone does or has anyone waited until the morning and still received the reservations they wanted?
My husband already thinks I am totally nuts about planning I can't imagine what he will think if I wake up three to pre-book! :sunny: ;)

This is our second cruise - I'm not taking any chances and am going to TRY to get what I want and I'll be ready at 3:00 a.m. But in reading various boards - they do reserve some for onboard reservations too. Good luck with your decision.

I got up at 3am - like a crazy person - but had problems. Something wasn't checked, even though we were Castaway Club members.

Anyway, by the time I got through to Disney to find out why I was having problems, it was 9am, CST. I made my reservations, no problems. There were lots of times available.

I think it depends on if you are completely locked into what you want, and the exact times you want. If you are, get up. If you are more flexible, IMO, sleep!

Kristin

3am was a bear. We also hit the 90 day mark when it was daylight savings so I was hoping to be able to book at 2am. Alas, it was not to be.

I booked our Palo dinner for 6:30 and had to book my parents reservations since they have the slowest dial up known to man. I literally booked them at 3:05 and 3:10 and couldn't get them into the 6:30 seating. I was very worried because we are a group of 10 adults and 4 kids. Only 4 adults were cc. In the end it all worked out and we were all able to get 6:00.

I personally would suck it up and get up at 2:55 bleary eyed just to get it done. :guilty:

I stayed up & was one of the DISers online at 3 am. :) We got what we wanted but there were others online at the same time who couldn't get the same resie times because they were disappearing. I was greatful for a fast cable connection at the time. It probably depends on the number of DISers on your cruise. ;)

I have never cruised before, so not a CC member. Will I have a hard time making ressies since all the CC members get first dips? I am not really interested in dinner at Palo's, because I don't want to miss out on dinners in the dining room with my kids, however, I would like to make a brunch ressie for Palo. Which is more popular? Dinner or brunch at Palo's?

Brunch is more popular. But please remember, some reservations are held for each of the times people can book. On our cruise, some new folks were able to book what they wanted at 75 days out.

I am a CC member and booked 90 days out for a Palo Brunch but did not get up at 3am. I did it the next morning, no problem and we went on the 4 night Easter week.

I didn't stay up until 3 and still got what I wanted. I didn't have any exact times I was looking for, but I got a Palo dinner, brunch and the excursion that I wanted. I am thinking it was the following afternoon that I reserved my things.
Good luck!

Ya know, I think lbgraves is right about it depending on the number of DISers on the cruise. I think my cruise, August 19th, has a ton!
While the actual times are not as impotant to me as the day/night I want it. How am I gonna get up without my husband knowing! ;) ;)

My day to make reservations fell on Saturday night, so I just stayed up. The last hour was pretty hard though I almost fell asleep. But, after I got all the reservations I wanted I was wide awake. :rotfl2:

We are not CC members (first cruise for us) and I got Palo dinner at 7:30 am central.

Can't speak to Palo, but the Atlantis submarine in St. Thomas was sold out by 4 am on our cruise.

For those of you who have already done it, how is it set up when you make your Palo reservations online? Do they show you the available options for the entire cruise or do you put in a date and time and and wait for the computer to tell you yes or no?

I would like to consult with DH ahead of time so I'll be prepared at 3:00 am.

I didn't log on until 10am the next morning and got our Ressie no problem.. FOR VALENTINES DAY! :love:

This is our first time cruising (18 people) and I got the ressies I wanted. Got all 18 of us in to Palo on Thursday within a half hour of one another and I will be making sure they can get us all in at the same time. I wonder if I can call DCL to fix this rather than waiting until we board? :confused3

I did make a few other ressies I wanted. Didn't get upat 3:00 a.m. to do that though. Just waited until I got in to work at 6:00 a.m. and did it in a few minutes. We are cruising the 7 day eastern this July and it wasn;t bad making ressies. Good luck! :goodvibes

I am a CC member and did not get up at 3 am to make ressies. Actually I was busy and forgot about it till 2 days later. But as luck would have it I was still able to get everything that we wanted, including Palo brunch. :goodvibes

Jandreas said:
Why is 3 a.m. the magic time? Wouldn't it be 12:01 a.m. on the 90 day mark?

I assume it depends on what time zone you are in...Maybe pacific time would be 12am and eastern 3am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter