Anyone not get Photopass and regret it?

tkoran

Mouseketeer
We leave in less than 3 weeks and I still haven't made up my mind if I should get it or not. In some ways I think it would be nice so that we could get more than one or two pictures of us as a family. At the same time I don't know that I have the time to mess around with picking through them and making changes online.

They will take a picture of you with your camera if you ask them to :thumbsup2 We have them take one with theirs and one with ours and the ones on our camera have always been great! (in fact some of those turned out better than theirs!)

I do, we were there in Dec for my dd's and hubbys 1st trip( my 3rd) gift from FIL...well first I wanted a pic of us in front of the castle...didn't happen. So then we said we would do it the next day...forgot until after we left. The third day I was determined to go get the dang pic done...nope, decided we would do it in front of the Wizard hat in DHS...as we were going to do it, FIL is like its to expensive for those pics. (we were only going to get 1, good family shot) but nooo he had to open his mouth. UGH I was soo mad, so we didn't get ANY pics, except one he took of us in front of the xmas tree and it's not even that great of a pic and it's not the whole tree!

Anyways, I say get them done, you don't have to stop at each and every PP place, then you have only a few to go thru.

We go back in May and better believe we are doing the PP and buying the CD!

I'm not quite sure how this works actually, the more I think about it. I was hoping for random shots in addition to posed ones, but how would that be possible unless we made a point of stopping each time we saw one of the photographers and identifying ourselves in some way?

At least in my experience, other than at the waterparks, the Photopass photographers mainly take posed pictures, especially since lines can back up for their services. They have set spots that they are set up (like in front of the castle, along main street, in front of Spaceship Earth, the Tree of Life, etc), and then you can pose how you want. They will take pictures with your camera as well. At the waterparks, there are photopass photographers that take posed pictures, as well as pictures of you as you're coming off slides and stuff . (Crush n' Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach, etc)

We've missed quite a few great "couple" pictures by not buying and I kick myself for it now. That said, we use the Photopass photographers as much as possible to get great pics since we rarely have ones of us together.

I'm not quite sure how this works actually, the more I think about it. I was hoping for random shots in addition to posed ones, but how would that be possible unless we made a point of stopping each time we saw one of the photographers and identifying ourselves in some way?

We meet the characters, but don't do the autograph thing, so on our photopass cards, we always get pictures of the kids interacting with the characters, and running up to them. One of my favorites is from our March trip, DD5 was showing her pins off to Prince Caspian. Its really cute, and not just the "posed" photo.

I couldn'y justify the expense of the CD in September, especially since we only had about 30 photos that I liked, so at the last minute I bought a calendar (around $30) and got all our pictures at once!

As an FYI - the photopass photographers will basically photograph you anyway you like. I think it is a must if you have kids (especially little ones). (It was just DD2 and I when we went in August and I had almost 500 pictures!) IE: I wanted a picture of us eating ice cream, then of us when it was raining, other times she was being goofy and I asked the photographer to take some pictures of her running around. My favorite was when I grabbed one in Epcot when she was playing in the fountain. I tell them that I have the CD, so please keep snapping.

I just wanted to share from someone who is so glad I got the CD. (Also - I highly recommend doing the photosession - those pictures at the Poly turned out AWESOME!! A great/cheap way to get family pictures done!!)

I always get it. It seems to be the only way I can get many pics of me and my son, as I am a single parent. It is well worth it in my opinion

We have gotten photo pass 2 of our 3 visits. While I still got great shots of that trip without photo pass, we do love it, especially the waterpark pictures b/c the photographers were right in the water.

I also really liked the HSM pictures that were taken of DD at DS.

I have posted them for all to see.

image021.jpg

image091.jpg

We always do Photopass and really like it! I enjoy going through them and editing/adding borders. And we don't get just posed shots- when SIL and I went to meet the gang at Camp Minnie Mickey while the boys went to EE, we were the only people. The photopass photographers took tons of pictures of us goofing off with the characters and dancing with them- I have multiple pictures of me dancing with Mickey (and Goofy)! :cool1: And you can have them take pictures with your own camera.

We got photopass and love it. I enjoy the boarders, althought I do think they could put more, especially with your uploads. I think if you are going to use it make sure you take the time to use it and get them to take your pictures and don't be afraid to ask them to use your camera or have them take of just the kiddos. Doesn't have to be the entire family every time. I also think that they get better pictures since some do use tripods so have some better night pictures for this reason. the only thing to be aware of if you get the photobook is to make sure you ahve a wide selection of horizonal and vertical pics also remember you can only have 60 pages in your book and can fit 4 pics at most on each page. I was on page 57 and only about half way through our trip on the pictures before I realized that, and have a week to redo or buy another book Aaaaaa:sad2:

How much does the Photopass CD cost? We are having a Grand Gathering tis September and I fgure we all can just share one. But, does nyone know how much it cost?

This was the best thing we bought. I will definitely be doing it next trip. The photographers all got pictures of the kids running up to the characters, hugging them and talking with them. By using photopass we were able to watch the kids experience the characters rather than have to be standing by ready to photograph. After editing, we ended up with over 1300 photos. It was well worth the money.

How much does the Photopass CD cost? We are having a Grand Gathering tis September and I fgure we all can just share one. But, does nyone know how much it cost?

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photoCd.aspx

Hi, here's the link about the CD. It's $129.95 and additional copies are $19.95. It's worth every penny in my opinion. I ended up with about 650 pictures after all the edits I made! :thumbsup2

They will take a picture of you with your camera if you ask them to :thumbsup2 We have them take one with theirs and one with ours and the ones on our camera have always been great! (in fact some of those turned out better than theirs!)

I have to agree with this post, some of my pictures came out the same or even better as the ones that they took.

Obviously, you have to approach the PP photogs or be in line to see one of the characters that has a photographer there. But, they will take candid shots, not just posed ones. :thumbsup2

If you are doing any of the character greet meals such as Belle/Norway Princess Breakfast or CRT at the Castle, photos of your group are included in your package, and you get those during your meal. What I did not realize about the PP photographers taking those pictures is that they also take candid shots of your group interacting with the characters, signing autographs, etc. You can take your picture from your meal to one of the photopass counters in the park (in MK it is to the right after you enter under the train) and they will scan the barcode from your picture and add the candid shots to your card. I did not realize this in advance but I sure did get some great candids and so I had to buy the CD after the fact! Next time I will certainly buy it ahead of time!

I loved the pictures we got on our Photopass CD and it didn't take long to edit them.

But my family got tired of me having them get their pics with the Photopass Photographers and told me they weren't doing it so much next time so it's something to think about. If your family won't pose, it doesn't do much good to get the CD. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter