Anyone NOT excited about the Starbucks @ WDW?

:wave: I don't drink coffee either. If I want something hot I drink tea. But I get my caffeine from Diet Coke. ;)

Even my DM who is a coffee drinker, doesn't care for Starbucks-she says it's too strong. She likes McD's coffee.

I'm happy for those who do like Starbucks. :thumbsup2

I'm with Dizneydaz, I'm a Diet Coke girl, never liked coffee. My partner likes Starbucks but i don't know if she will be interested in coffee when it will be so hot while we are there.

Now, if Disney were to switch to ahem, that other cola, I would have a big problem!

That said, Shades of Green already had a starbucks. For many years now. So it was there if I felt I really really needed it.

I don't really care about starbucks in WDW, but in Shades of Green I wished they would of thought it out a little and put a Green Bean Coffee in instead. That's the coffee shop in a lot of military posts around the world, including Iraq and Afghanistan. IMHO.

Jennifer

cricket12960 said:
LOL that's funny someone just told me they drove 60 miles south of WDW just to get a DD coffee. I wish I had known. I searched....Well now I know....woohoo!

After your post, I thought maybe they didn't have many in the Disney area. We live about 60 miles south. For curiosity, I checked the restaurant locator on their site. There's a lot in the area. It looks very promising for you. :thumbsup2

I'm with Dizneydaz, I'm a Diet Coke girl, never liked coffee. My partner likes Starbucks but i don't know if she will be interested in coffee when it will be so hot while we are there.

Now, if Disney were to switch to ahem, that other cola, I would have a big problem!

And I wouldn't have to bring my own. ;)

I am a Starbucks fan so I am very excited about being able to buy Starbucks in the parks. I wish it would come to the resorts. I will not drink the current coffee at Disney. To me it taste horrible.

I don't really care about starbucks in WDW, but in Shades of Green I wished they would of thought it out a little and put a Green Bean Coffee in instead. That's the coffee shop in a lot of military posts around the world, including Iraq and Afghanistan. IMHO.

Jennifer

That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing! I work right across the street from a Green Bean Coffee...i can actually get their WIFI signal at work! :) I love their Italian Sodas! Kind of pricey there though too. I got a meat/cheese wrap for lunch the other day, and it was over $5.

Anyway, I'm a DD girl too....love their Cost-a-Latta's (Coolatta).

Starbucks....I do love their hot chocolate, because they use real milk, instead of that horrible water & mix!

Ditto on over-priced and burnt tasting. Dunkin donuts is better, but it's their chai tea I love!!

Since I'm the OP, I'll weight in...

I guess I was thinking that Starbucks has a reputation of being very "corporate" and without feeling. Like once a Starbucks goes in, a place has no culture, character, or SOUL, according to some. I have heard many people talk about hating Starbucks because they are everywhere and killing the small coffee shops.

So I'm surprised no one seems to object on the fact that it's Starbucks the corporation (not just the coffee itself).

I hope that you don't know it's a Starbucks until you see the menu. I don't want the big green sign sticking out like a sore thumb.

But I must ALSO say, I LOVE STARBUCKS COFFEE. I get an iced coffee, am a Gold rewards card holder, and probably partake at least twice a week!

So I must say I'm on board (as long as it doesn't interfere with the Disney aesthetic!)

This all reminds me of a quote from comedian Lewis Black:

"There sits a Starbucks and directly across the street from that exact same building as that Starbucks there is another Starbucks. There is a Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks. And ladies and gentleman that, is the end of the universe. People have asked me "How do you know this?" Well go there. Stand between those two Starbucks, and when you look at your watch, time stands still. And what's truly amazing, if you turn and look just at one Starbucks immediately you think "You know when I turn around, there can't possibly be a Starbucks behind me." If there's a just and loving god how could he allow that to happen? So you turn slowly think maybe there's a McDonald's there or possibly an Exxon station or maybe a Gap but there's another Starbucks! many people have asked are there too many Starbucks? Well now we know. YES. When you build a Starbucks across the road from another Starbucks, the game is over. You can build no more."

I was very hurt to hear this. I hope you can walk by and not realize there is a starbucks there. Way to wreck the magic!! I don't drink coffee either, about the only thing I would want from there would be a hot chocolate during cold days.

I heard them talking about this on the news this morning and they said that you will need to know where to look. Disney won't allow Starbucks signs in its artfully designed streetscapes, so the stores will go by other names, like Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe named after the three little pigs. I also heard that they will not be wearing Starbucks uniforms inside but will be wearing Disney uniforms.

The news doesn't bother me either way. I'm not a coffee drinker and don't like all those drinks that taste anything remotely like coffee.

Count me in the unimpressed camp. I'll take my real espresso from the Joeffry's carts.

A little down , the dis needs an anti *$ thread where I can rant without offending people!

This all reminds me of a quote from comedian Lewis Black:

"There sits a Starbucks and directly across the street from that exact same building as that Starbucks there is another Starbucks. There is a Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks. And ladies and gentleman that, is the end of the universe. People have asked me "How do you know this?" Well go there. Stand between those two Starbucks, and when you look at your watch, time stands still. And what's truly amazing, if you turn and look just at one Starbucks immediately you think "You know when I turn around, there can't possibly be a Starbucks behind me." If there's a just and loving god how could he allow that to happen? So you turn slowly think maybe there's a McDonald's there or possibly an Exxon station or maybe a Gap but there's another Starbucks! many people have asked are there too many Starbucks? Well now we know. YES. When you build a Starbucks across the road from another Starbucks, the game is over. You can build no more."

:rotfl2:Not to be politically incorrect, but it was pretty funny when he said the only people who would appreciate that are Alzheimer's patients...

To stay on topic, I have a Keurig in my Owner's Locker so I'm not affected either way. Won't usually drink a coffee while walking through the parks although if they have a nice Cafe Mocha I might be persuaded. Anything is better than that swill they try to pass off as coffee now. Nescafe is horrible! :eek:

Jim

Have you tried the stands that don't have nes cafe? Not owned by WDW....they are the carts marked Espresso , Pastries, etc or something. White & purple cups. Have actual espresso!

I could care less. In fact, I was unhappy to hear they were coming in, just as I was unhappy about McDonalds going in at World Showcase how many years ago...

Point me in the right direction. when we were there in November; one of my biggest gripes was there was NO decent coffee to be had. the stuff at the hotel was AWFUL.. . nothing in the parks either. . .although I did not try the one at animal kingdom.. .and I hear it's acceptable. I like -strong- coffee. . .weak watery coffee just makes me mad. Starbucks always has a bold offering. . . and their coffee is never old. So when is this supposed to take place? Color me thrilled if disney will have starbucks. .. I really wouldn't care who it was as long as it was GOOD coffee. . .I hate DD coffee. . .every time I've had their coffee it was weak, and just lacked any flavor.

CandiceH said:
Point me in the right direction. when we were there in November; one of my biggest gripes was there was NO decent coffee to be had. the stuff at the hotel was AWFUL.. . nothing in the parks either. . .although I did not try the one at animal kingdom.. .and I hear it's acceptable. I like -strong- coffee. . .weak watery coffee just makes me mad. Starbucks always has a bold offering. . . and their coffee is never old. So when is this supposed to take place? Color me thrilled if disney will have starbucks. .. I really wouldn't care who it was as long as it was GOOD coffee. . .I hate DD coffee. . .every time I've had their coffee it was weak, and just lacked any flavor.

Try the espresso carts outside. One by ToT, one in Epcot, MK... Picture in my TR in signature.

FWIW, you can't even tell that the one in DCA is a Starbucks. There is a sign built into the side of the building that looks just like the building. No green to be found. Even once you're inside, it's hard to tell until you look at the menu. I, for one, LOVE it. And it's the full Starbucks menu, not the shortened airport kind.

Don't drink coffee so I don't care! I know most people do but..............

KristiKat said:
I heard them talking about this on the news this morning and they said that you will need to know where to look. Disney won't allow Starbucks signs in its artfully designed streetscapes, so the stores will go by other names, like Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe named after the three little pigs. I also heard that they will not be wearing Starbucks uniforms inside but will be wearing Disney uniforms.

The news doesn't bother me either way. I'm not a coffee drinker and don't like all those drinks that taste anything remotely like coffee.

I am a big Starbucks drinker but would not be happy to see their garish logo plastered all over the parks, so I was happy to read your comments regarding how Disney plans to disguise them.

That being said, I am excited at the prospect of being able to get my iced coffee fix in the parks! The only place I recall finding iced coffee was at a kiosk in the World Showcase. Are there other places to get plain iced coffee I have missed?

JNPants said:
I am a big Starbucks drinker but would not be happy to see their garish logo plastered all over the parks, so I was happy to read your comments regarding how Disney plans to disguise them.

That being said, I am excited at the prospect of being able to get my iced coffee fix in the parks! The only place I recall finding iced coffee was at a kiosk in the World Showcase. Are there other places to get plain iced coffee I have missed?

Same kiosk in Magic Kingdom and in DHS..:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter