• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone NOT excited about the Starbucks @ WDW?

While any coffee other than that dreaded Disney Parks coffee would be a welcome addition, I just can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for Starbucks. Mainly because I don't care for their coffee. It's too strong for my liking and it consistently tastes like they've burned the beans. Honestly, it's just one more Disney thing that will send me bolting for the nearest bathroom.

I'm a Dunkin' Donuts gal, too. I'll just keep going to the Dunkin' Donuts self-serve at the Hess Express.

While any coffee other than that dreaded Disney Parks coffee would be a welcome addition, I just can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for Starbucks. Mainly because I don't care for their coffee. It's too strong for my liking and it consistently tastes like they've burned the beans.
My thoughts exactly.

While any coffee other than that dreaded Disney Parks coffee would be a welcome addition, I just can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for Starbucks. Mainly because I don't care for their coffee. It's too strong for my liking and it consistently tastes like they've burned the beans.

Exactly my opinion. They are just another chain that trades on it's brand recognition, but without the quality to back it up. Very sub-par coffee that would make any reputable barista cringe. But if it makes the majority of coffee drinkers happy then so be it.

I'm just relieved (VERY relieved) that Joffreys will continue their presence in the parks.

Now if I could just figure a way to get decent coffee in our room in the mornings now that they are introducing the new coffee makers. I used to bring my own coffee and filters, but that won't work anymore. sigh.

I would only care if they have hot chocolate - husband and I are not coffee drinkers.

As the title says... anyone not excited? It seems to be an overwhelming WHOO HOO moment, but maybe not for all?

Just curious.

Well I can't say I love Disney coffee as it is. But I am NOT a fan of starbucks. Overpriced and burnt tasting.

I hope it doesn't overtake *everything* meaning specialty coffee areas like near morocco and such...

I can't order at Starbucks - I mean, how is a "tall" really small? You lost me right there, little coffee barista. Sorry. Pass me a large DD any day!

I can't order at Starbucks - I mean, how is a "tall" really small? You lost me right there, little coffee barista. Sorry. Pass me a large DD any day!

They call their smallest advertised size a "tall" because there's also a "short" that you can order, but they don't show those prices on their menu boards.

I think it's a good thing. It means the people @ WDW are listening to what guests want. Everyone seems to gripe about the nes cafe. So whatever, as long as they don't put mcdonald's fries back in the MK.

I don't like their regular coffee, but in the winter I adore getting a triple shot mocha which is less coffee and more hot cocoa with speed thrown in. lol. But since I ever only go to disney in the summer there's no danger of me needing hot coffee in the middle of a 90 degree day.

That said, Shades of Green already had a starbucks. For many years now. So it was there if I felt I really really needed it.

Me! I don't like the strong flavor...I am a Dunkin Donuts girl...I run on Dunkin! Funny you don't see too many Dunkin Donuts down in the South. Oh well.:surfweb:

You're looking in the wrong places. ;) We live south of WDW & there's a DD every few miles sometimes closer. They're literally all over the place. I have one within walking distance & I live in the suburbs. Krispy Kreme is the elusive doughnut shop here.

My favorite drink at Starbucks has no coffee in it, so having a new coffee option in the park is a "meh" moment for me.

You're looking in the wrong places. ;) We live south of WDW & there's a DD every few miles sometimes closer. They're literally all over the place. I have one within walking distance & I live in the suburbs. Krispy Kreme is the elusive doughnut shop here.

LOL that's funny someone just told me they drove 60 miles south of WDW just to get a DD coffee. I wish I had known. I searched....Well now I know....woohoo!:cheer2:

I'm with the OP. Coffee was a staple for my parents when I was growing up and I tried it once but I just don't get it. Plus, the prices are way too high for something like that and we all know they will be higher at Disney so that will lead to complaints like "I can get the *fill in the blank with a beverage that takes longer to say than to drink* for $X at home and I have to pay $X at Disney!" Or someone will complain about the hours.

Just don't get the caffeine addiction.

:wave: I don't drink coffee either. If I want something hot I drink tea. But I get my caffeine from Diet Coke. ;)

Even my DM who is a coffee drinker, doesn't care for Starbucks-she says it's too strong. She likes McD's coffee.

I'm happy for those who do like Starbucks. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter