Anyone not changing from ASMo b/c of pool?

Convert

Waffle Lady
We're booked at ASMo in late September and I just saw the thread about the Fantasia Pool being closed. This is my third trip to DW and my second trip where we are staying at a resort. We stayed at Pop last September and loved it, but I wanted to see another resort this year. Anyway, I digress...

I told DH about the pool being closed and he thinks that might be to our advantage -- smaller crowds at the resort. I disagree, but still think that we want to stay at ASMo -- it looks so cool online! We are going with DS, 3 and our niece, 4. I think they will LOVE it!

So, anyone not switching??

We do not plan to switch our Nov/Dec. ASMo ressie. We will not be swimming much if at all so not having the main pool available will not matter to us. :)

We are staying put too! 1st time ressies at ASMo for Sept. 16-23. Yes, we are disappointed by the pool closing, but I don't think this would even compare to the disappointed looks on my kids faces if we weren't staying with Buzz and Woody. Is there a "shuttle" available to take you to the other All-Star pools or is it just as fast to walk - and are we talking like a 15 minute walk, longer, shorter??? - thanks!

From what I've read, it isn't a long walk to the other pools, maybe 7 minutes max. I am anxious to see Buzz and Woody too!!

A previous post said that the pool will be closed Sept 11-Dec 11. We are traveling Sept 2-9th. So hopefully the dates don't get pushed up. We are traveling with another family and even if the dates were during our time, the other family didn't want to change resorts. But my DH said that he would have liked to upgrade to a Mod.

We are going in Oct and are not changing. If we really want a pool we can go to one of the others.

duckyfordonald said:
Is there a "shuttle" available to take you to the other All-Star pools or is it just as fast to walk - and are we talking like a 15 minute walk, longer, shorter??? - thanks!

We stayed at All-star movies in Feb and to answer your question, the mighty ducks pool (the secondary pool at ASmovies) is like a three minute walk from the main building! And it depends what building they put you in, we where in the mighty ducks so it was right outside and down the stairs. But if you are in the dalmation building it is REALLY close too! And just so you know from the mighty ducks building the ASmusic pool is like a 5 minute walk max! Or just under 10 mins from the main building so really close. I hope that helps! :thumbsup2

We will be staying at ASMovies. We are disappointed about the pool closing, but I saw on Allearsnet that ASMovies will be able to use any of the other pools at the ASHotels. It doen't look like it will be that big of a deal and maybe it will be less crowded!

I changed to POP and now wish I hadn't

I was looking forward to my 2 year old seeing her FAVORITES Buzz and Woody :(

I am hoping for codes so I can upgrade ;)

I thought about it for awhile but wasn't thrilled with the online pics of the other values. I talked to DD as this is her trip. She started to cry. I thought she was crying because of the pool itself so I kept saying there were other pools, the other resorts had pools, etc. Finally she explained she was crying because she really really wanted to stay at movies in the dalmation building. So we talked about how we can go to the smaller pool and she was thrilled.

So we are staying put.

What do you mean you are hoping for codes to upgrade? I'd LOVE to upgrade at a good price.

Convert said:
What do you mean you are hoping for codes to upgrade? I'd LOVE to upgrade at a good price.

me too

we are stayong ASMo 6-16 and I did get my premium room upgrade removed because it seemed silly to pay an extra $10 a night to be further from the pools

julie

Convert said:

Disney sometimes releases discount codes that you can use to get a discount on your hotel reservations. Keep an eye out on the codes and rates board for your timeframe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter