Anyone make your own bread.....I have a question

npmommie

<font color=red>Channels George Michael in her car
How do you store your loaves? how long do they stay fresh?
how would freezing it work?

I make bread. It never lasts long enough for storage to be an issue in our house with 4 kids.

But YES you can easily freeze it. I would slice it then freeze- If I make french bread and want to freeze it I often- garlic butter it inside first wrap in aluminum foil and freeze.
Little rolls I freeze after lightly baking them.

We make bread, but it's only good for a day or maybe two. However, we freeze the dough and make only small loves that get eaten up pretty quick. Homemade bread is SO good!

this is interesting to me. I have never tried, but would love your easy recipes for a first timer to try!

I make my own bread.
I freeze rolls, hamburger buns, and hot dog buns pretty much every time I make them because we don't use them quickly enough.
I don't usually end up freezing loaves of baked bread, but I do freeze the dough. I let it rise once, and then freeze it.
I freeze quick breads (banana, cranberry, that sort of thing) a lot.

this is interesting to me. I have never tried, but would love your easy recipes for a first timer to try!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amish-White-Bread/Detail.aspx

This is NOT healthy, but it's an easy recipe and always turns out well.
You can use it to make rolls too.
You can also add a mixture of wheat/white flour to make it a bit healthier, but I would try just the white for your first try.

ETA- I use regular unbleached white flour in this recipe and it turns out fine.

I ended up slicing the loaf and freezing it, and so far so good.
I made a couple loaves of whole wheat using the Healthy Breads in 5 Minutes a Day book.
next time I am going to mix white and wheat though, it was a little dense for us.
the amish white bread recipe looks good, I will have to try that one too:thumbsup2

I used to bake bread every week. After it cooled, I would slice it and freeze it in ziplock freezer bags. I didn't have any fancy storage things that suck the air out so I would close the bag except for a tiny opening and use a straw to suck out all the air I could then close quickly without letting any air back in. I would freeze half a loaf to each baggie and it would last us all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter