Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea it isn't one of the big three....they didn't have a close by date interestingly enough...they of course want it to close so they can get paid! It is almost a daily phone call to the sellers to ask what's up....they are from Michigan so not like there's a international issue. I asked if I could get my money back and any recourse...of course they said no.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You can't get your money back? I would think you could, though mine always have a close by date on the initial contract as well as the closing contract.

Waiting: Hettie--- AKV 100 (Mar) $73, 30 banked 2012 points, all 2013 points and forward, buyer pays closing and 2013 MFs, submitted 6/14

Ok cool... I only checked three times today

I just checked again and still nothing. It has my total allotment of 225, but doesn't have the '14 and '15 points. Sigh! At least it doesn't appear to be another snaffoo, just the mouse working at their own pace.

I just checked again and still nothing. It has my total allotment of 225, but doesn't have the '14 and '15 points. Sigh! At least it doesn't appear to be another snaffoo, just the mouse working at their own pace.

Points needs to be loaded manually on resale contracts, once again Disney takes there sweet time to finish the work. My second contract is showing up for last 3 days without any points.

I closed last week on a contract. I called MS today to ask a simple question. I was not calling to see if points were loaded. She asked for my last name, so I gave it to her. She said your not in the system. I said I figured I wouldn't be, I just wanted to ask a question about actual booking when the time came. I then told her we bought resale. She then proceeded to say oh....long pause.... It's going to be a couple weeks, you will get a letter in the ail for this. Her tone went from cheery to acting like she was being bothered by me. Gosh, resale or direct, we are still members. :-/

Points needs to be loaded manually on resale contracts, once again Disney takes there sweet time to finish the work. My second contract is showing up for last 3 days without any points.

I understand that Disney takes their time on this process to deter people from buying resale, but if it brings people to their parks who spend $$$ why not expedite the process?

Example....I am getting extra points for 2012. I plan on trying to use them in late 2013. If they delay the process and it takes 2 months until I can book anything, I may not be able to go for as long or during the time I planned. I can't bank the points (renting is possible), but if they expedited I would plan a trip now in late 2013 and go and spend my money there for sure.

I'm going to be a member via resale either way (ROFR or not). Only other thing I can think of is that they know another member will fill those spots, so they don't really care.

Just found out we passed ROFR today!!! :cool1: Doing a happy dance!
It was submitted on May 21/13, passed June 17/13
240 points OKW @$62pp, 121 banked points from 2012 and all points going forward, buyer pays closing, split mf with seller.
Can't wait to start planning our first trip home!:goodvibes

Congrats on passing ROFR! And apparently becoming a DVC member? I'm Ontario as well; looking into DVC resale...

Just found out we passed ROFR today!!! :cool1: Doing a happy dance!
It was submitted on May 21/13, passed June 17/13
240 points OKW @$62pp, 121 banked points from 2012 and all points going forward, buyer pays closing, split mf with seller.
Can't wait to start planning our first trip home!:goodvibes

Congratulations! This gives me some hope on my OKW offer.

I am also waiting for my points to load. Keep us posted. :)

Mil leech I am waiting to hear on a 170 point BCV Feb UY contract at $70pp with 20 2013 points! I went to ROFR on 5/17.

AWESOME price for BCV !! Congrats!!

This is actually funny. I saw the contract listed for $80pp and I figured I'd start the negotiation at $70pp and end up somewhere around $73 or $74 and I was shocked when they accepted! Then seeing all the BCV being RODRd, I thought the mouse would get me as he has before a few times. So all the newbies stalking this thread, you can bid low and you can pass ROFR, but you have to be willing to gamble. If you have a certain trip already planned in your head and it will break your heart to lose a certain contract, I don't suggest the white knuckle, scraping by approach as it can be stressful. My first ROFR was heartbreaking so I rented points for the trip I had planned in my head and pressed forward.

Funny thing is, I probably would have broken even paying a bit more per point and using my points this year! ;) I like the thrill of a good deal though, so I got my " fix"!

I updated the list on page 162.

Also, still waiting for my points to load...contract was loaded on Saturday. Will post when points are finally loaded.

I understand that Disney takes their time on this process to deter people from buying resale, but if it brings people to their parks who spend $$$ why not expedite the process?

Because the DVC branch of the company doesn't get credit for the $$$ you spend at the parks. DVC's only income on the company's bottom line is through direct sales. As long as the MFs on those 2012 points are paid for, Disney probably doesn't care if they ever get used.

Disney's best marketing tool for direct sales used to be the quickness and ease of buying through Disney. But with wait lists for all the sold-out resorts now taking as long, if not longer, to come through, Disney has clearly decided to drag out the resale buying process a little more to compensate. And the current crop of resale buyers are not being helped by the huge influx of VGF contracts, a wave that is sure to only get worse once sales open to the public tomorrow.

This is actually funny. I saw the contract listed for $80pp and I figured I'd start the negotiation at $70pp and end up somewhere around $73 or $74 and I was shocked when they accepted!

Funny thing is, I probably would have broken even paying a bit more per point and using my points this year! ;) I like the thrill of a good deal though, so I got my " fix"!

Nice job!! A good deal on a contract you will enjoy- enjoy those points. Welcome home neighbor!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter