• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got word that we passed ROFR! 120 BCV points, April UY. 106 2013 points and all going forward. We paid MF on the 106 plus half closing and seller paid other half. Submitted to Disney on 5/22, waived on 6/17, so 26 days.

Care to share the $/point ?

Sharing my timetable...:)

270 AKV (Sept), $70, 15 '12 pts, all '13 & '14 pts, buyer pays 2013 mf and closing

Submitted: 4/25
Passed ROFR: 5/21
Closed: 6/3
Documents Received: 6/17

I received my membership # in the mail today and called ms and they were able to give me my club ID# an code!! So excited!! Can't wait to start planning!!:thumbsup2

Heidi:jumping1:

mom2princess&pirate said:
Sharing my timetable...:)

270 AKV (Sept), $70, 15 '12 pts, all '13 & '14 pts, buyer pays 2013 mf and closing

Submitted: 4/25
Passed ROFR: 5/21
Closed: 6/3
Documents Received: 6/17

I received my membership # in the mail today and called ms and they were able to give me my club ID# an code!! So excited!! Can't wait to start planning!!:thumbsup2

Heidi:jumping1:

What Broker was this through?

Here has been the timeline so far:

1. Contracts Signed & Submitted to ROFR: 4/4
2. Passed ROFR: 4/29
3. Documents Received: 5/24
4. Docs Returned: 5/28
5. Closing: 6/10
6. Points in account: Not yet

I closed 6/11 and still no points....you guys get yours yet?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well my broker didn't catch that we left middle initials off of the info sheet (nor did the closing company...when it was in SC, for HHI contract, and the initial contract, last year, was also in SC- also a HHI contract...they could have easily looked online at recorded deed from last year...like I just did, though too late for this deed as they had just recorded it w/out the middle initials). So, we now will re-record the deed with middle initials for a $10 fee but that delays things and I hope the closing company or the broker have not sent the deed to Disney yet (I caught the error as it was being recorded...so right away). I did call member admin and the guy told me that it wouldn't matter (the no middle initials)...well, he said he didn't think it would matter. Sigh!!!!!!

Well, I asked closing company NOT to send contract to Disney for transfer and they did it anyway. I called Disney several times, trying to get member admin (which is nearly impossible now) and kept getting MS (even when I asked them to transfer me to member admin). Every person I spoke to seemed to think I just wanted immediate access to my points and kept emphasizing that "it takes 2 weeks" (all I wanted was to make sure they put new points under SAME member number as old points). Finally got member admin person on Friday, who agreed to transfer in to our current member #, but told me to get deed re-recorded so it would not be an issue later on :confused3. But, that person still emphasized that it "takes 2 weeks to do the transfer" and it would be next week, as if I was trying to have access to my points right then (I wasn't :confused3). I told her that was fine as long as I didn't get a new member number.

Closing company and broker have not been super helpful in this situation and not super responsive to my e-mails. Only when Disney e-mailed broker did broker finally respond to me. We will re-record the deed, but have to wait for the county to send the original to the closing company.

So, on Saturday the new contract shows up on the member website under our current member number. I was very relieved to see it. Thank goodness. We bought this, and paid full price, because it was a small HH add on in our UY...having it with it's own member number would have stunk! So, I am glad that's fixed....BUT...the contract was loaded Saturday and today there are still not the points there (it has how many total points I now own, that is correct...but the points we should have for 2014 and 2015 are not there). It's been over 48 hours (in March they were loaded w/in hours of contract showing up...all done in 1 day). I just worry that it's another issue and I'll need to contact them again. I wonder if she's holding up loading the points until the deed is corrected (4-6 weeks). Or maybe she wanted me to see the contract was under our current member # and she's still holding out to transfer the points 2 weeks from closing (Wed). Any thoughts??

Offer made 4/18
sent to ROFR 4/22
Passed ROFR 5/14 (only 3 weeks, so I thought we'd be done a week earlier)
Closed 6/5
Today is 60 days and still counting.

Well, I asked closing company NOT to send contract to Disney for transfer and they did it anyway. I called Disney several times, trying to get member admin (which is nearly impossible now) and kept getting MS (even when I asked them to transfer me to member admin). Every person I spoke to seemed to think I just wanted immediate access to my points and kept emphasizing that "it takes 2 weeks" (all I wanted was to make sure they put new points under SAME member number as old points). Finally got member admin person on Friday, who agreed to transfer in to our current member #, but told me to get deed re-recorded so it would not be an issue later on :confused3. But, that person still emphasized that it "takes 2 weeks to do the transfer" and it would be next week, as if I was trying to have access to my points right then (I wasn't :confused3). I told her that was fine as long as I didn't get a new member number.

Closing company and broker have not been super helpful in this situation and not super responsive to my e-mails. Only when Disney e-mailed broker did broker finally respond to me. We will re-record the deed, but have to wait for the county to send the original to the closing company.

So, on Saturday the new contract shows up on the member website under our current member number. I was very relieved to see it. Thank goodness. We bought this, and paid full price, because it was a small HH add on in our UY...having it with it's own member number would have stunk! So, I am glad that's fixed....BUT...the contract was loaded Saturday and today there are still not the points there (it has how many total points I now have, that is correct...but the points we should have for 2014 and 2015 are not there). It's been over 48 hours (in March they were loaded w/in hours of contract showing up...all done in 1 day). I just worry that it's another issue and I'll need to contact them again. I wonder if she's holding up loading the points until the deed is corrected (4-6 weeks). Or maybe she wanted me to see the contract was under our current member # and she's still holding out to transfer the points 2 weeks from closing (Wed). Any thoughts??

Offer made 4/18
sent to ROFR 4/22
Passed ROFR 5/14 (only 3 weeks, so I thought we'd be done a week earlier)
Closed 6/5
Today is 60 days and still counting.

My little HHI that passed 4/30 still hasn't even closed as the sellers haven't sent in the signed closing docs!

My little HHI that passed 4/30 still hasn't even closed as the sellers haven't sent in the signed closing docs!

Whats the broker say? Usually there is a close by date and if does not close by then - well not sure what then:confused3 Thats not right!

How frustrating! I think my sellers took awhile to send back their closing docs too, but not as long as yours. So sorry!!

How frustrating! I think my sellers to awhile to send back their closing docs too, but not as long as yours. So sorry!!

Yea it is crazy...thanks...hopefully soon...I am not sure what's happening with the points as it was a June uy...so I hope they banked the 2012 points.

Whats the broker say? Usually there is a close by date and if does not close by then - well not sure what then:confused3 Thats not right!

Yea it isn't one of the big three....they didn't have a close by date interestingly enough...they of course want it to close so they can get paid! It is almost a daily phone call to the sellers to ask what's up....they are from Michigan so not like there's a international issue. I asked if I could get my money back and any recourse...of course they said no.

Just found out we passed ROFR today!!! :cool1: Doing a happy dance!
It was submitted on May 21/13, passed June 17/13
240 points OKW @$62pp, 121 banked points from 2012 and all points going forward, buyer pays closing, split mf with seller.
Can't wait to start planning our first trip home!:goodvibes

PASSED!!!! Yay!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

BLT 160 March $94
160 2012 points and all points forward

Offer submitted 5/23
Offer accepted 5/23
Rec'd contract and returned 5/23
Sent to ROFR 5/23 (how's that for service??? )
Passed 6/17

I used Kin at *********. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter