• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the line on my latest OKW contract:

lville23 --- 120 OKW (Dec), $55, 13 2012 pts (banked), 120 2013 pts, 120 2014 pts, split 2013 mf, buyer pays closing (sub 4/10, passed 5/6)

This looks like a nice contract

lville23 --- 105 BLT (Dec), $87, 66 2012 pts (banked), 105 2013 pts, 105 2014 pts, buyer pays 2013 MF & Closing (sub 5/23, awaiting ROFR)

Wow! Awesome deal. :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting. Makes me feel better when I'm offering 90 on non-loaded contracts and the broker keeps saying "That's much lower than what BLT is selling".

Wow! Awesome deal. :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting. Makes me feel better when I'm offering 90 on non-loaded contracts and the broker keeps saying "That's much lower than what BLT is selling".

LOL I get that too, even though I see sweet deals going through here. So I guess we just ignore the brokers and ask for what we want :)

We are just beginning ROFR on a 160pt BLT contract 90pp with all 2013 pts and going forward. Buyer pays MF and closing. We have been working with Fidelity and they thought that seemed reasonable.

Here is the line on my latest OKW contract:

lville23 --- 120 OKW (Dec), $55, 13 2012 pts (banked), 120 2013 pts, 120 2014 pts, split 2013 mf, buyer pays closing (sub 4/10, passed 5/6)

There is a whole backstory as to why I am just now posting & still waiting to close, which is for another thread. Also, I am awaiting ROFR decision on the following contract:

lville23 --- 105 BLT (Dec), $87, 66 2012 pts (banked), 105 2013 pts, 105 2014 pts, buyer pays 2013 MF & Closing (sub 5/23, awaiting ROFR)

Now this really baffles me I think there is still a wait list for OKW yet this passes (yea good for you!!!!) yet the BCV at 77.00PP stripped gets taken???? Go figure:confused3

Now this really baffles me I think there is still a wait list for OKW yet this passes (yea good for you!!!!) yet the BCV at 77.00PP stripped gets taken???? Go figure:confused3

There is two possible reasons, use year in waiting list is not this one. Second if points needed for wait list matches they will take it at any price. Another thing I learned on breaking are combining resale contract by Disney, they can break easily in two or three contract as needed, but they can not combine until unless points are same use year and coming from same unit. So all these play a role deciding ROFR.

There is two possible reasons, use year in waiting list is not this one. Second if points needed for wait list matches they will take it at any price. Another thing I learned on breaking are combining resale contract by Disney, they can break easily in two or three contract as needed, but they can not combine until unless points are same use year and coming from same unit. So all these play a role deciding ROFR.

I do not believe they will take a contract at any price if someone is on the wait list since they have not been doing that - many have passed at less then 77.00PP with UY that people on another thread are and have been waiting for since early March. I guess we will never know other then they have a list of criteria to go by to make their decision - some which make no sense.;)

I do not believe they will take a contract at any price if someone is on the wait list since they have not been doing that - many have passed at less then 77.00PP with UY that people on another thread are and have been waiting for since early March. I guess we will never know other then they have a list of criteria to go by to make their decision - some which make no sense.;)
I wonder if it has something to do with getting points to match exactly.

Let's say there are 3 on the Waiting List (WL) at a specific resort for a specific UY at 25, 30, and 100 points, a total of 155 points. (Direct sales at sold-out resorts average only about 100 points per transaction. It seems a lot are simply looking to add-on.) Now a 200-point resale comes onto the market. Is Disney going to exercise ROFR if the price is moderate-to-high? After all, they could be stuck carrying those excess 45 points for a while, which hurts Return on Investment (ROI).

The WL has expanded greatly in the last few months but this seems to be a recent event. What happens when the current demand, which seems to have been triggered by price increases, is satisfied? After all, Disney actually offered free theme park tickets for BWV purchases only a few months ago. IMHO, this indicates they felt they were sitting on excessive BWV inventory. They don't want to get into that situation again.

DVD doesn't have an infinite budget to spend on resales. In any given month, they should be ROFR'ing in order to maximize ROI. Even if they have WLs at multiple resorts, these WLs seem to be recent events. When they budgeted for 2013, did they anticipate WLs to expand to the extent that they have? Again, these long WLs are, I believe, a relatively new phenomenon so my guess is they did not. I wouldn't be surprised if their "ROFR money" is limited.

Compared to the number of points sold at new resorts, Disney doesn't sell a lot of points at sold-out resorts. For DVD, they represent only a fraction of the business. Their focus remains on resorts that are not sold-out, which provide the greatest margins and greatest number of points to sell. In the long run, Disney is better off hoping anyone on the WL gives up and buys at VGF or AKV, which have much greater margins.

All this suggests to me that there definitely is a logical reasoning for the way Disney ROFRs, it's just that we aren't privy to enough information to be able to predict which deeds Disney is going to ROFR.

Wanted to add our purchase to this thread. OKW 230 points, February use year, $65 pp, 230 banked points from 2012, all 2013 forward, buyer pays closing and MF. Sent to Disney on 5/30. Let the wait begin.

I guess you have missed the point of breaking and adding rules from my post.
Nabas did gave one example to your reply. The rules are on original deed that explains erratic ROFR, which we try to understand many times but do not come to a logical explanation. Disney is still bound by the original rules, they do have better breaking ability but lakes breaking ability so would not take one which they can not use right away as Nabas explains.

I wonder if it has something to do with getting points to match exactly.

Let's say there are 3 on the Waiting List (WL) at a specific resort for a specific UY at 25, 30, and 100 points, a total of 155 points. (Direct sales at sold-out resorts average only about 100 points per transaction. It seems a lot are simply looking to add-on.) Now a 200-point resale comes onto the market. Is Disney going to exercise ROFR if the price is moderate-to-high? After all, they could be stuck carrying those excess 45 points for a while, which hurts Return on Investment (ROI).

The WL has expanded greatly in the last few months but this seems to be a recent event. What happens when the current demand, which seems to have been triggered by price increases, is satisfied? After all, Disney actually offered free theme park tickets for BWV purchases only a few months ago. IMHO, this indicates they felt they were sitting on excessive BWV inventory. They don't want to get into that situation again.

DVD doesn't have an infinite budget to spend on resales. In any given month, they should be ROFR'ing in order to maximize ROI. Even if they have WLs at multiple resorts, these WLs seem to be recent events. When they budgeted for 2013, did they anticipate WLs to expand to the extent that they have? Again, these long WLs are, I believe, a relatively new phenomenon so my guess is they did not. I wouldn't be surprised if their "ROFR money" is limited.

Compared to the number of points sold at new resorts, Disney doesn't sell a lot of points at sold-out resorts. For DVD, they represent only a fraction of the business. Their focus remains on resorts that are not sold-out, which provide the greatest margins and greatest number of points to sell. In the long run, Disney is better off hoping anyone on the WL gives up and buys at VGF or AKV, which have much greater margins.

All this suggests to me that there definitely is a logical reasoning for the way Disney ROFRs, it's just that we aren't privy to enough information to be able to predict which deeds Disney is going to ROFR.

Lot of these must be true, and explains very erratic ROFR. Disney lakes adding ability they have to have same unit and use year to do that, so they will not break to the point they have left over.

For example, three people in waiting list looking to add 25, 50 and 25 points for dec use year, if a 100 point contract with dec use year comes in they will take it even for higher price. But a 110 point contract on low price will pass because they can not use left over 10 point.
In the same scenario even if they had a need of 200 point and other in ROFR process was 90 point with low price both CAN pass if they are from different unit, same unit contract Disney will be lotto winner, both will be taken. Even breakup easy to take.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, maybe somebody can help me out here:)?

I'm trying to find that pie chart that exists that showed which UY Disney was more likely to exercise ROFR for ie. the most popular UY's out there. Can anyone recall where this info/chart was?!

Thanks

Awesome, what broker are you using.

Both contracts are through Fidelity. Found out the OKW contract passed ROFR 10 days after broker was notified by Disney. In that time I had called and emailed multiple times and repeatedly heard that "we should hear back soon." They ultimately waived the admin fee on both the OKW and BLT contracts. More to the story, but for another thread. With their distressed sellers they have some deals if you keep your eye out, but comes with risks. I previously "lost" two 50 pt OKW contracts, details are on page 162, as the seller backed out after the deal passed Disney's ROFR. Seller was "upside down" on it and couldn't bring cash to close. I guess I didn't learn...

Well, it's day 27 of ROFR for us. Really hoping to hear back tomorrow or Tuesday.

I know there were a few people who submitted at the same time we did, so pixie dust to everyone that we all pass!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well, it's day 27 of ROFR for us. Really hoping to hear back tomorrow or Tuesday.

I know there were a few people who submitted at the same time we did, so pixie dust to everyone that we all pass!!! ;)

Good luck to you as well....I am on day 28

Good luck! We are on day 28 today. Hoping to hear this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter