• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people don't negotiate. I don't know what I would have done without this thread and the wonderful folks contributing! I've been stalking it for about a year now since this is our first contract so I had an idea of the number of points we wanted and we didn't want to buy until we had all of the funds saved. Though AKV was our first choice, I just couldn't pass up more points for less money with SSR. Maybe we'll add on someday at AKV (or Aulani!) :) This is addicting!

Oh, I agree, this thread is wonderful! And I also agree, it's addicting. We also were interested in AKV, but decided on SSR. If we pass, we are planning on an April visit. We will be torn between staying at SSR in a 2 bdrm or seeing at 7mo if AKV Kidani would have a 2 bdrm available. Decisions, decisions. I think we need to worry about passing first though. ;-)

I totally agree with you that many of the listings are outrageously high, but several of them are more realistic as well. I wouldn't even bother with the people asking $130 per point. They are probably financed the point where they couldn't take anything lower. But there are many contracts that are listed much lower as well... that's how we decided to make offers. I'm thrilled with $55 per point purchase at SSR!

Just offer what you want to pay to Fidelity on their listings, ignore the asking price, if there is an existing loan on it they will tell you that the seller needs to receive XXXX amount.

Just got ROFR'ed by Disney and had to vent about it. I'm really shocked they did this on this one.

It was for 200 points at BCV, Feb UY, at $77/point. There were about 80 points left from the 2013 UY and then full after that. To me, the kicker that made me think they wouldn't want it is the closing was to be delayed until 12/5. I just didn't think they would want a contract that had to be held that long until they closed on it, not to mention that the price was more than others have been reporting them buying back. Argh! Curious if other people have lost contracts to Disney that had such a prolonged closing date on them.

I guess this just means mine is about to get gobbled up by the mouse!

I am waiting to hear on a 170 point BCV Feb UY contract at $70pp with 20 2013 points! I went to ROFR on 5/17.

I totally agree with you that many of the listings are outrageously high, but several of them are more realistic as well. I wouldn't even bother with the people asking $130 per point. They are probably financed the point where they couldn't take anything lower.

I was told on some contracts that the seller's no longer interested in selling. But because they signed a # months contract, they have to list or pay a penalty to pull their listing. So they raise the prices really high and wait it out. Something in the contract about having to close if they bring a buyer willing to pay the listing price.

I wonder how many people don't negotiate. QUOTE]

We didnt negotiate. Contract was not up on site, I called TSS about another one and it wasn't going to work out and while on the phone he told me about one that was just about to be posted. - 185 AKL Dec UY with all 2012 banked pts and all 2013 and on at $72pp - We are to pay 2013 MF and closing.

Figured this would go fast and it was in the range we were looking at, didnt want it to get passed along. Maybe we should have tried but I didnt want to risk it going away.

Now we wait and wait and wait

I wonder how many people don't negotiate. I don't know what I would have done without this thread and the wonderful folks contributing! I've been stalking it for about a year now since this is our first contract so I had an idea of the number of points we wanted and we didn't want to buy until we had all of the funds saved. Though AKV was our first choice, I just couldn't pass up more points for less money with SSR. Maybe we'll add on someday at AKV (or Aulani!) :) This is addicting!

Totally agree. Stalking this board helped us on our recent SSR contract for 250pts. Seller wanted $60pp but since it was semi-stripped (16-2012 pts, no 2013, all 2014) we offered $50pp. They accepted immidiately and we made it through ROFR last week. Without this board I would have probably just offered what they were asking and spent an extra $2500! So thanks for everyone that contributes to the board!:thumbsup2

I guess this just means mine is about to get gobbled up by the mouse!

I am waiting to hear on a 170 point BCV Feb UY contract at $70pp with 20 2013 points! I went to ROFR on 5/17.

One advantage you have is there is NOT a delayed closing which means Disney would have to close and pay up front for the contract now and hold it until Feb for the points before they can resell it. Good luck

I have noticed even on Fidelity's site, their listing prices within the last few weeks have went way up! There are SSR listings starting at 130 per point! That is crazy! Even with a lot of negotiating, you are not going to get prices down that much! You can buy direct at SSR for $125 per point. We went with TSS and are paying $69 per point for 150 points. That's a $56 per point difference from direct. To me, that's a deal. Now, just waiting to see if it passes.

i think that when they are priced so high...there is usually a reason. For instance, due to a divorce they may be forced to put it on the market but dont want to sell it before they get more use out of it. And some ppl mark it up....hoping that after negotiating they sell for the price they really want. No one would actually pay that price for a SSR resale. They just want the highest bid they can get.

i think that when they are priced so high...there is usually a reason. For instance, due to a divorce they may be forced to put it on the market but dont want to sell it before they get more use out of it. And some ppl mark it up....hoping that after negotiating they sell for the price they really want. No one would actually pay that price for a SSR resale. They just want the highest bid they can get.

Most of the high price listing is due to the money owed on those contracts. And then some other reason.

So when you are not busy, you call Fidelity and ask them which contracts listed have balances and which don't?
Sure, when I call about a property I'm interested in, curiosity gets the better of me and so I usually ask "So what's the story on that high priced DVC?" Sometimes, I can't help it. "'Enquiring' minds want to know!":)

Most of the time, it's driven by a loan balance. Other times it's "that's what they paid so that's want they want."

Here is the line on my latest OKW contract:

lville23 --- 120 OKW (Dec), $55, 13 2012 pts (banked), 120 2013 pts, 120 2014 pts, split 2013 mf, buyer pays closing (sub 4/10, passed 5/6)

There is a whole backstory as to why I am just now posting & still waiting to close, which is for another thread. Also, I am awaiting ROFR decision on the following contract:

lville23 --- 105 BLT (Dec), $87, 66 2012 pts (banked), 105 2013 pts, 105 2014 pts, buyer pays 2013 MF & Closing (sub 5/23, awaiting ROFR)

Here is the line on my latest OKW contract:

lville23 --- 120 OKW (Dec), $55, 13 2012 pts (banked), 120 2013 pts, 120 2014 pts, split 2013 mf, buyer pays closing (sub 4/10, passed 5/6)

There is a whole backstory as to why I am just now posting & still waiting to close, which is for another thread. Also, I am awaiting ROFR decision on the following contract:

lville23 --- 105 BLT (Dec), $87, 66 2012 pts (banked), 105 2013 pts, 105 2014 pts, buyer pays 2013 MF & Closing (sub 5/23, awaiting ROFR)

Awesome, what broker are you using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter