Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I feel the need to chime in on behalf of your kids. If you are talking about them fighting it out after you've passed away, let me tell you that you are really setting them up for family issues. As someone who is an executor of my father's estate, seeing as how there were some things that he could have taken care of before he passed but didn't/chose not to has really made things interesting.

The one thing my wife and my in-laws have learned from my experience is to have it all written out to save the survivors the troubles that may arise. You might not have an idea how the deceased can take care of problems before they arise by sorting things out before they die, but take my word, don't let them "fight it out".
Noooo! I know well about that too...unfortunately. No, we are only 40 (kids are 16, 14 and 14)...I am talking about when our kids are starting their families and DH and I are living in FL close to WDW (where we wouldn't need to stay on property).

You can add on this to waitlist..

HHI. 45 pp. June UY. All 2013 on. 30 points. Buyer pays mf and closing.

Started a purchase just before April started. Had search multiple sites and found the following contract available. UY Feb, 160 pt 13' and 14' asking for $90 per. My original offer was $80 and we settled on $85, buyer pays admin fee and maint fees for 13', seller pays all closing cost. Just got notification that it is through ROFR. Starting the paperwork to close now. I'll update with how long that took when its over and I can book a trip against it. Woo. Hooooooo.

It's for BLT Sub 04/01/13 passed ROFR 04/23/13.

Started a purchase just before April started. Had search multiple sites and found the following contract available. UY Feb, 160 pt 13' and 14' asking for $90 per. My original offer was $80 and we settled on $85, buyer pays admin fee and maint fees for 13', seller pays all closing cost. Just got notification that it is through ROFR. Starting the paperwork to close now. I'll update with how long that took when its over and I can book a trip against it. Woo. Hooooooo.

Which resort?

I also was the executor of my father's estate. I agree with this post. Even if you don't specifically hand out the points/contracts, set up a plan for how to deal with disagreements. My father told us that he wanted everything divided equally, even though some wanted actual items, and others wanted the cash. We put a value on each item, and if no one else wanted that object, the "cost" came out of your portion. For items that more than one person wanted, they went into a lottery system, and if you "won" the item, again, the cost came out of your portion. We set the lottery up sort of like a charity auction. Everyone got the same number of tickets, and if you wanted to put all your tickets on one item, or split them between many, you would make the choice.

But, the idea of having your children, and their children, enjoy Disney, for many years to come, is excellent!

Okay, I feel the need to chime in on behalf of your kids. If you are talking about them fighting it out after you've passed away, let me tell you that you are really setting them up for family issues. As someone who is an executor of my father's estate, seeing as how there were some things that he could have taken care of before he passed but didn't/chose not to has really made things interesting.

The one thing my wife and my in-laws have learned from my experience is to have it all written out to save the survivors the troubles that may arise. You might not have an idea how the deceased can take care of problems before they arise by sorting things out before they die, but take my word, don't let them "fight it out".

I am a long time stalker of this site and appreciate all the wonderful info everyone shares. I wanted to share our latest

Offer accepted on Feb 20th - BWV (Apr UY) 105 2013 points all points thereafter
Contract sent to Disney on 2/28
Passed ROFR on 3/26
Contracts received on 4/9
Closed on 4/17

Still waiting for our points to post to our account and looking forward to using them when they do :)

Joey7295 said:
Found out we passed yesterday 4/22

Was $61 per point the actual cost of your contract....or did you factor in something like renting your banked points to bring the per point cost down?

stacyhug said:
I am a long time stalker of this site and appreciate all the wonderful info everyone shares. I wanted to share our latest

Passed ROFR on 3/26
Closed on 4/17

Still waiting for our points to post to our account and looking forward to using them when they do :)

Would you mind sharing the cost of your contract?

theguda said:
Was $61 per point the actual cost of your contract....or did you factor in something like renting your banked points to bring the per point cost down?

$61 is the actual cost of the contract

Passed ROFR on 3/26
Closed on 4/17

Whoops sorry the most important part $55 per point!

Wow! Great deal! Congrats and Welcome Home. How many points is it for? And can I ask what company you bought it through?

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a note to say I'm working on the latest update to page 1. Have been too busy at work to keep up, but I'll have an updated list in a few days -- probably this weekend.

mac_tlc

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a note to say I'm working on the latest update to page 1. Have been too busy at work to keep up, but I'll have an updated list in a few days -- probably this weekend.

mac_tlc

I already did it on page 142...:) and it's completely current

Sorry, I didn't say did I, it's BLT. Have a contract there for 160pt already purchase with 160 Aulani 2 years ago, Dec UY. Now I'm adding in the 160pt Feb UY. Any tips out there for managing the different UY contracts. I don't think I'll have an issue, but any tips would be appreciated.

In addition the contract was Submitted 4/1/13 and passed 4/23/13.

Happy Days..:rotfl2:.... With the additional points planning first 2 bed stay with some extended Family tagging along.

Found out we passed yesterday 4/22

Awesome DEAL!:cool1:

Passed ROFR on 3/26
Closed on 4/17

How many points was this contract? Great deal gives me hope that maybe mine will pass at 65.00PP - maybe!

Sorry, I didn't say did I, it's BLT. Have a contract there for 160pt already purchase with 160 Aulani 2 years ago, Dec UY. Now I'm adding in the 160pt Feb UY. Any tips out there for managing the different UY contracts. I don't think I'll have an issue, but any tips would be appreciated.

In addition the contract was Submitted 4/1/13 and passed 4/23/13.

Happy Days..:rotfl2:.... With the additional points planning first 2 bed stay with some extended Family tagging along.

I have 2 different UY and I would suggest you try to use one UY (by borrowing and banking) for an entire trip. If you do use 2 UY for 1 trip (I did this past January), they will do 2 different resies and link them. You will get to stay in the same room for the entire trip but will have to go to desk and get new key cards for the second part of the link. And the cleaning staff will think you are checking out that day and want to get in and do a full cleaning (may be difficult to explain that you are not checking out). You can transfer (once per year) points from 1 UY to other UY memberships and then book an entire trip (but they need to be same home resort...or if 2 different resorts then you need to wait for 7 month window to book entire trip). I made up a point tracker chart and wrote (really large) what the banking deadline date is for each UY, though we really never have points to bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter