Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My humble opinion is that there is nothing the buyer can do to completely prevent ROFR at this time. They are gobbling up contracts at 10 -20 dollars over what they passed on 2 weeks ago.

My humble opinion is that there is nothing the buyer can do to completely prevent ROFR at this time. They are gobbling up contracts at 10 -20 dollars over what they passed on 2 weeks ago.

Agreed. It's just bad timing, particularly at BWV (unfortunately my home resort).

I wonder whether there would still be a waitlist if I called my Guide and tried to buy points direct this week. Not that I'm interested in paying $130.

Any recent BLT activity? Our broker says we'll hear around the 20th, but we were starting before March 17, & some have heard already.

UGH!!! Reading all of these BWV's getting ROFR'ed makes me pretty sure that mine will be added to the list :worried: I have not heard anything yet...it was sent to Disney on 3/20 so maybe soon I will hear something. It was 150pt contract @ $65 a pt. June UY...114 pts for 2013 and all 2014+....Hoping Mickey will be kind and grant me some pixie dust :tink: We have been debating for years about buying one and by the looks of it, the timing couldn't be any worse. Here's To Hoping :goodvibes

Agreed. It's just bad timing, particularly at BWV (unfortunately my home resort).

I wonder whether there would still be a waitlist if I called my Guide and tried to buy points direct this week. Not that I'm interested in paying $130.

My guide called yesterday to let me know we are slowly moving up the BWV waitlist. We've been on 3 weeks.

Friends of mine just heard that Disney took their contract of 200 points at OKW for $75 PP

Friends of mine just heard that Disney took their contract of 200 points at OKW for $75 PP

Dang! Was that an extended contract?

I am guessing that besides clearing the wait lists Disney managed to manufacture with that last price increase, they are trying to make resale much, much more uncertain. I'm afraid in that regard they are probably succeeding.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

I have been lurking on this thread since we put in our offer on the 15th. I was afraid to post anything because I was so worried about ROFR.

BWV September UY 125 points 2011 and on. $69 pp (asking price). It was a beautiful contract. :sad::sad:

Jerry from TSS called this morning and said that Disney did indeed ROFR the contract. I really hoped we had somehow gotten by under the radar. He said that everything below $70 has been taken back. Oh well....back to the hunt!

Wow! I wonder if they are just taking everything at this point. My contract is for VWL. There just aren't many out there so I don't know what to think.

Wow, I'm so sad to read all of these reports. I know how many emotions go into buying a contract. My DD is waiting for her first resale purchase and it's waiting to hear if she passed. I will be sending her an email to prepare her. She made an offer for a 150 pt contract at SSR. It's been about 3-4 weeks now. I'll post back on her status once I hear.

I have been lurking on this thread since we put in our offer on the 15th. I was afraid to post anything because I was so worried about ROFR.

BWV September UY 125 points 2011 and on. $69 pp (asking price). It was a beautiful contract. :sad::sad:

Jerry from TSS called this morning and said that Disney did indeed ROFR the contract. I really hoped we had somehow gotten by under the radar. He said that everything below $70 has been taken back. Oh well....back to the hunt!

Eeeks, we are on the borderline then - ours is for $70.... I am bracing myself for a phone call too, but still hoping for the best!

Wow!! It doesn't look like either of the contracts I have submitted have much of a chance. I have an OKW 190 point contract sent to ROFR on March 27th for $58 per point and a SSR 200 point contract sent to ROFR on March 21st at $60 pre point. Both are April Use Year. The OKW contract has points for 2013 but the SSR is stripped. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Kelly

I really just think that our timing was the absolute worst. They are trying to fill the waitlists and all of our contracts were caught in this firestorm.

duckygirl said:
I really just think that our timing was the absolute worst. They are trying to fill the waitlists and all of our contracts were caught in this firestorm.

I agree. :/

I am still waiting on my SSR contract at $58 sent on the 14th. The only chance I have that it might get through is that it is stripped with no points until March 2014. I really never thought ROFR would be an issue until the day after I made my offer and started reading this thread!

::yes::, I think the "hype" to get on the wait-list to avoid the price increase tactic worked :duck:

We have been in ROFR since the 4th of March, we haven't heard back yet, I hope that no news is good news:wizard::goodvibes

After our first contract was taken by Disney, I'm feeling a bit gun-shy! :scared1:
There's a stripped BCV listing that has a workable Use-Year. I would have said it's overpriced but after the recent ROFR activity it might be worth an offer...

Amanda

Well, there's some hope. Just got a contract through.

SSR 194 DEC $60.50pp all 2011 (banked), 2012 (current) and 2013 (upcoming) points. Buyer pays closing, mf and $195 (grrr).

SSR 194 DEC $60.50pp all 2011 (banked), 2012 (current) and 2013 (upcoming) points. Buyer pays closing, mf and $195 (grrr).

I think that is the first good news we've had on this thread in close to a week. When did you submit to ROFR?

Congrats. You give me hope. Mine had no 2012 and Dec UY at $62. :)

Seems SSRs are the only things going through these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter