• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet it was stripped- it appears they are after contracts w/ banked points. Which makes sense- if they exercise ROFR on all the loaded contracts and only pass stripped contracts at higher than previous prices, direct prices start to look much more appealing especially since you receive previous years points along w/ the extra incentive offers!

The broker did make a comment that it is a myth that Disney is only taken contracts with banked points - but I too would be surprised if they took a stripped contract. He did say they are taken contracts with this years points even if they are not there yet. WHO KNOWS!

Lets hope you have better luck with your contrac tpixiedust:

Thanks Doug! I almost lost perspective and was going to go up on my price on the new contract but after talking to broker I think I will just let it ride, roll the dice and see what happens. If it does not pass we still have plenty of time and enough points for our next stay in 2014!

ROFR'd Today!

300 SSR (Dec) $61/pt 300-2012, 300-2013 buyer paid admin fee and seller paid 2013 maint fees and closing costs! Submitted March 15th!

My contract is SSR 300 pts, oct uy. 96 '12 pts, 100 pts coming in 2013. Split closing, buyer pays MF.

$58/pt.

Sent to Disney on 3/25.

I'll keep you posted.

I must admit that all of this ROFR activity is making me obsessive. We are potential 1st time DVC owners. Our contract was submitted to Disney more than 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping no news is good news...

Amanda

wordwitt said:
If it makes you feel any better, Jason from the TSS told me if Disney's going to exercise ROFR they usually do it quickly, and that if they don't exercise ROFR they usually waive close to day 25. So hopefully you'll get good news this coming week!

My first contract was pulled on the 27 day so I still don't have a good feeling. Still hoping for good news though!!!!!!!!!

I must admit that all of this ROFR activity is making me obsessive. We are potential 1st time DVC owners. Our contract was submitted to Disney more than 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping no news is good news...

Amanda

AManda youre not alone. Im an obsessive freak too. Lol! This is our 1st purchase finally decided after 4 yrs. We we're going to next feb, but after we heard about the prices going up we made an offer. Now i read the boards multiple times a day. Driving my DH nuts :-)

Me too - totally obsessed! We have been wanting to buy for 5 years but we've had 3 in college for the past few years and just couldn't justify it. Now we've been able to get the cash together to buy without financing and out first contract was ROFR'd last week so on to our 2nd attempt. It's pretty frustrating when your ready and then all you do is play the waiting game!

Ok. I am giving it a go as well...

Signed yesterday
3/30 submitted to rofr

60 points at OKW, 67 a point.

Amanda

I really hope yours goes through! I am not quite as anxious because we are already members. But I really want to have BWV as another home resort. Also, the extra points will be nice because we like to stay in 2 bedrooms and that chews through a lot of points. Good thing we. Only go once. A year. When we start going more we are going to need even more points....

I really hope yours goes through! I am not quite as anxious because we are already members. But I really want to have BWV as another home resort. Also, the extra points will be nice because we like to stay in 2 bedrooms and that chews through a lot of points. Good thing we. Only go once. A year. When we start going more we are going to need even more points....

Me too.......I am right ahead of you as our 150 point $67 dollar BWV contract went to Disney on 3-11....maybe I find out this week

AManda youre not alone. Im an obsessive freak too. Lol! This is our 1st purchase finally decided after 4 yrs. We we're going to next feb, but after we heard about the prices going up we made an offer. Now i read the boards multiple times a day. Driving my DH nuts :-)

I'm totally driving my DH nuts, too. And we've waited a long time for this also. Good luck!

Me too - totally obsessed! We have been wanting to buy for 5 years but we've had 3 in college for the past few years and just couldn't justify it. Now we've been able to get the cash together to buy without financing and out first contract was ROFR'd last week so on to our 2nd attempt. It's pretty frustrating when your ready and then all you do is play the waiting game!

Exactly. Similar story except we've been paying off debt accumulated during med school and residency. And we wanted to pay cash. Fingers crossed!!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the good thoughts and I hope your new contract goes through, too!

Amanda

Me too.......I am right ahead of you as our 150 point $67 dollar BWV contract went to Disney on 3-11....maybe I find out this week

You are past the 2 week mark so that might be a good sign. Was the contract stripped or loaded? I wonder if there is a trend?

I'm totally driving my DH nuts, too. And we've waited a long time for this also. Good luck!

Exactly. Similar story except we've been paying off debt accumulated during med school and residency. And we wanted to pay cash. Fingers crossed!!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the good thoughts and I hope your new contract goes through, too!

Amanda

You all are definitely not alone in your obsession. I'm on here every hour. Why, I'm not sure. Support group? Also, I hear the school/debt thing. Same here, only law school. Nice to know we can do something special for our daughter.:)

You are past the 2 week mark so that might be a good sign. Was the contract stripped or loaded? I wonder if there is a trend?

The contract that was just taken from us was 3 weeks into it! I hope they are moving these contracts a bit faster - its nice to at least know and move on!

I hope yours goes through. Ours went to ROFR on 3/17, so yes you are right ahead of us. I will be waiting to hear how it goes for you. Do you own already or is this your first contract?

I was Sept UY and it had all its 2012 & 2013 points. I am hoping that because its a small 150 point one that it will past but there doesn't appear to be any trend.

I hope yours goes through. Ours went to ROFR on 3/17, so yes you are right ahead of us. I will be waiting to hear how it goes for you. Do you own already or is this your first contract?

I own one that I just closed on 3-11 .... Still waiting on Id number ... I will post results either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter