Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another step closer - just sent in my closing docs and check for my VGC add on!

:cheer2:
Finishing up my direct add on (already booked all those points :) ) and still waiting for ROFR on the resale.

My resale purchase contract sent in to Disney for ROFR consideration yesterday 3/6. Here are the details:

75 BLT Dec UY $97/pp no 2012 points, all 2013 points, buyer pays MF and closing.

Now the waiting game begins.....

macd77 said:
OKW (Sep), $52, 164 banked '12 pts, 164 '13 pts, all 14 pts, buyer pays closing and mf (sub 1/24)

I hope to God I pass!

Well my above contract got pulled by DVD on 2/19. No surprise there.

Just went to ROFR on a new contract:
OKW (Apr), $61, 150 '13 pts, all 14 pts, buyer pays closing and mf (sub 3/7)

I know it's high for OKW, but I really like the UY and pts. The waiting game begins....

Well my above contract got pulled by DVD on 2/19. No surprise there.

Just went to ROFR on a new contract:
OKW (Apr), $61, 150 '13 pts, all 14 pts, buyer pays closing and mf (sub 3/7)

I know it's high for OKW, but I really like the UY and pts. The waiting game begins....

dbs1228 said:
Good luck - seems like the are ROFR quite a few these days not just OKW! I am getting nervous - my contract was just sent a few days ago!

Thanks and good luck to you as well!

I'll add to the pooled info:

Purchase contract went to ROFR today. 160 BLT Feb UY, 131 2012 banked, 160 2013, 160 2014, $90/point, buyer pays closing and MF.

Fingers crossed and I will post whether it clears.

Lorenni, my contract heading to ROFR is very similar but for 240 BLT points, March UY with 106 banked 2012 points and all points going forward. $90 a point too. Here's hoping we both make it through. These loaded contracts seem to be getting picked up!

I'm curious, when Disney picks up a loaded contract with banked points, where do the points go? It's not like they give them to the person buying a direct contract. Is my logic wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm curious, when Disney picks up a loaded contract with banked points, where do the points go? It's not like they give them to the person buying a direct contract. Is my logic wrong?

As far as the banked points go, I think Disney probably either adds them to the pool of one-time use points that MS sells to members or more likely, uses them to reserve villas and sends those over to CRO/DRC to be offered for cash to the general public. Proceeds go to Disney. (It is possible that some of the banked points may expire without being used if there is no availability left for points).

They can include current points in new contracts if they so choose.

Hunclemarco said:

I would guess any currently usable points go into the "pot" that they sell the one time use points from. Then the "future points" they sell add on contracts to current members.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

That makes sense, forgot about the one time points for purchase. I too thought they may be sold for cash rooms... I try not to speculate too much, gets me in trouble! LOL

Just realize only a small percentage of the people purchasing are posting on these boards. Also, some people may feel "embarrassed" to post if they didn't get an awesome deal for whatever reason. So the prices on this site are a bit skewed. It does go to show you that these prices are possible and what does get through ROFR. No matter what you end up at, it's still a lot cheaper than direct!

I would agree with the sentiment exactly. I talked to my broker before I submitted any offers just to get some averages and the numbers that people post out here are not the "ordinary". She pulled up a spreadsheet with averages (I was interested in SSR) and the average selling point for their contracts at SSR was something to the tune of $64 a point. I didn't pay that, but, that was the average on their numbers. I had no pressure to put out anything close to that... So never feel bad about the luck that some people have had.

We just passed ROFR and I feel lucky seeing the last page...

SSR stripped of 2012 points fully loaded 2013, 2014 at SSR, $59 a point, buyer paid closing, maintenance.

Yippy! :cool1:

I would agree with the sentiment exactly. I talked to my broker before I submitted any offers just to get some averages and the numbers that people post out here are not the "ordinary". She pulled up a spreadsheet with averages (I was interested in SSR) and the average selling point for their contracts at SSR was something to the tune of $64 a point. I didn't pay that, but, that was the average on their numbers. I had no pressure to put out anything close to that... So never feel bad about the luck that some people have had.

I wanted to throw out there, if you want to see what folks are spending in general, you can pull all the purchases and the ROFR notices from the Orlando Comptroller's site...

I just wanted to say thank you for all the great information here that helped us with our first resale purchase.

Went to ROFR 3/6 180 AKV, DEC UY, all 2012, 2013, 2014 points. $61/pp, buyer pays closing and MF.

racinghank said:
I just wanted to say thank you for all the great information here that helped us with our first resale purchase.

Went to ROFR 3/6 180 AKV, DEC UY, all 2012, 2013, 2014 points. $61/pp, buyer pays closing and MF.

Wow, that's a great deal!! Good luck!

Very similar to my 200 AKV submitted on 2/14. Dec UY, $61/pp, buyer pays closing and MF. Only mine didn't come with any 2012 pts. Should hear next week....... I'll post when I find out.

I wanted to throw out there, if you want to see what folks are spending in general, you can pull all the purchases and the ROFR notices from the Orlando Comptroller's site...

Could you give us a direct link for that? I looked on the site and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter