Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Joey7295

Joey7295 DIS Veteran

Submitted on 2/20

SSR 200 points December UY - $55/point. 101 banked 2011 points, 200 2012 points and all 200 going forward. Seller pays closing, buyer and seller split 2013 MF, Buyer pays admin fee.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. cz4ever

cz4ever Imagineer-in-training

Congrats -- very nice price for loaded Aulani! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Good luck! :banana::banana::banana:

Great deal - congrats, J! :smokin::smokin::smokin:

You should be fine -- good luck! Here's some bait to distract the monkey... :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Nice -- good luck to you! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Another nice deal... collecting 'em like baseball cards! :worship::worship::worship:

4. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Wowza...just counted up 2200 and this new one will make 2400...what are you going to do with all those points? Are you planning to snow bird at WDW like....what's that couple's name (OKW couple)? And why only 100 at AKV?

5. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

First, CONGRATS again to Joey, then I was wondering the same thing! I was actually thinking about starting a thread like the owner count, but this time a point count. I just started with my first contract, so I have 250 (BWV). :beach:

6. thptrek

thptrek DIS Veteran

I must of cursed myself. Disney picked up the ROFR so I'm back to square one. Maybe they wanted all the banked points that were available in December combined with today's points. It was at $95/pt so I thought they would not ROFR at that price.

BLT 200 pts (Dec UY). 160 pts today, 400 available Dec 13, 200 thereafter, $95/pt

Will be interesting to see if this is a new trend or an anomaly

7. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

There is a thread with a list of those that have 1000+ points. Very interesting to read. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=872388&highlight=1000 With our new contract we will have 375 points (200 OKW, 75 HH and now 100 AKV)...long way off from 1000. I used to want 300, now I want 450 (def want to add to our HH). That should be enough for us.

8. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the link. It will prove to be interesting reading.
    I am just getting this first contract and am already watching the resale pages carefully for those great deals!

9. amandaC

amandaC Mouseketeer

Oh lovin'fl- there's never enough!
    I once thought 150 was enough. With my latest add-on- I'm at 660 now. And I'm still itching to add more!

10. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

...I am afraid that might be the case (never enough).

11. shwn

shwn Earning My Ears

Wow...so sorry to hear that! I am very surprised that was taken...like you said will be interesting to watch the trend. Good luck on your next one!

12. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

Yes, it was definitely a weird week in ROFR land. A couple of SSR contracts bought back; now a BLT.

Meanwhile my VGC passed at $90, which I still can't get over.

13. Mom23WildBoys

Mom23WildBoys Earning My Ears

Well, we found out this morning that Disney took our BCV contract. I'm so sad about it! It was the only good contract with a June U/Y, so now I'm back to square one with no other options right now. :(
    The one time I've been mad at Disney...

14. JMW123

JMW123 Earning My Ears

Sorry for your loss, wishing you better luck on the next one.

FYI everyone, I just passed this week on 210 Pts at BCV for $68, but the contract was somewhat stripped with only 42 pts for 2013 before going back to 210 for 2014 and on. So if there is any logic to what gets ROFR'ed at BCV it would appear the line is somewhere between $68 loaded and $68 stripped. I also paid 2013 dues on only the 42 pts left as opposed to you that got the seller to pay them.

My use year was Feb in case that has any bearing on this and also I did not go through Fidelity, so no Fidelity Fee.

15. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

Well that stinks! Good luck with the next one. I'm thinking it is that June UY. They must have buyers that want June.....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

16. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Sorry to hear you lost your deal- Such an awesome contract for BCV unfortunately Disney seems to be snatching up the Good ones:(

17. maburke

maburke DIS Veteran

Well, that shoots down my theory that stripped contracts are safer.

18. rojen

rojen Mouseketeer

Sent one in today (finally)

200 SSR (OCT) $55, Seller pays closing, Buyer pays MF. 332 2012 points 200 2013 on. Fidelity fee paid by buyer

19. Mom23WildBoys

Mom23WildBoys Earning My Ears

So now that Disney has taken our BCV contract and there are no other June U/Y contracts out there, I have a question.

Are there real issues with having two use years? If our BLT June U/Y is for the same Christmas trip every year, but we need BCV points for a late August trip every year, would we really need to stay with June U/Y? What are the risks if we didn't?

Thanks for any advice!

20. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I got a 150 Oct U/Y BCV contract for $60 which closed ealy Sept. Contract was stipped until 2013 so this oct I finally have full points coming in.

I guess I can count my lucky stars it passed.

Mom23wildbpys --- so sorry your gor ROFRed. That really stinks.

21. fmer55

fmer55 DIS Veteran

God, that stinks, so sorry to hear.

At that price I am now convinced that they are hunting Dec UY. I didn't hear yet and we went the same day.