Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure my thinking is flawed but I just offered on a TSS BLT contract.
250 pts June UY, 250 2012 points & 204 2013 points coming on 06/01/13, asking $102, they declined my offer and came back at $100/point.

I am thinking for $25,000 I would rather purchase 172 VGF points with the extra perks, extended years and the 11 month booking window for that MK resort.

lorie13 said:
I am not sure my thinking is flawed but I just offered on a TSS BLT contract.
250 pts June UY, 250 2012 points & 204 2013 points coming on 06/01/13, asking $102, they declined my offer and came back at $100/point.

I am thinking for $25,000 I rather purchase 172 VGF points with the extra perks, extended years and the 11 month booking window for that MK resort.

I think it all depends on your needs. Will a 170-point contract go far enough for you? The BLT contract is fairly loaded by today's standards. With VGF, you'd get a contract with 2013 points, nothing bankable behind that.

You'd be paying a 40 percent premium and buying fewer points for the so-called perks of buying direct. Now, I'm not against buying VGF (I just bought there myself) but you have to look at both resorts' point charts and figure out what works best for you.

I think it all depends on your needs. Will a 170-point contract go far enough for you? The BLT contract is fairly loaded by today's standards. With VGF, you'd get a contract with 2013 points, nothing bankable behind that.

You'd be paying a 40 percent premium and buying fewer points for the so-called perks of buying direct. Now, I'm not against buying VGF (I just bought there myself) but you have to look at both resorts' point charts and figure out what works best for you.
I agree but I'd also add that the market as a whole needs to be considered.

It's a seller's market right now and $100/point at BLT is a high price. Disney continues to foreclose on BLT properties and others continue to sell BLT. (Compared to the "Classic" DVC resorts, there's a decent supply of BLT on the market today.) Meanwhile, the Poly DVC is probably just a few years away. Once the Poly opens, will BLT have the same demand or will it be in third place behind the Grand Floridian and Poly, just like the Contemporary?

I fully expect VGF direct sale prices to go up, probably a lot. It's happened at every DVC so far. BLT resale prices might be at their peak right now. However, in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if VGF is selling for $120/point resale. That means buying direct at $145/point today does not represent much of a premium over resale in (say) 5 years.

I agree but I'd also add that the market as a whole needs to be considered.

It's a seller's market right now and $100/point at BLT is a high price. Disney continues to foreclose on BLT properties and others continue to sell BLT. (Compared to the "Classic" DVC resorts, there's a decent supply of BLT on the market today.) Meanwhile, the Poly DVC is probably just a few years away. Once the Poly opens, will BLT have the same demand or will it be in third place behind the Grand Floridian and Poly, just like the Contemporary?

I fully expect VGF direct sale prices to go up, probably a lot. It's happened at every DVC so far. BLT resale prices might be at their peak right now. However, in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if VGF is selling for $120/point resale. That means buying direct at $145/point today does not represent much of a premium over resale in (say) 5 years.

I see what you're trying to say, but I think you're discounting the size of VGF. It's small enough that it will likely take home-resort advantage to stay there and also small enough that there will be fewer contracts sold than a resort the size of BLT. So I think it's possible VGF could track more like VGC out in California in terms of contracts holding value. Maybe not quite as we'll as VGC because there's no other DVC option out there, but close.

I see what you're trying to say, but I think you're discounting the size of VGF. It's small enough that it will likely take home-resort advantage to stay there and also small enough that there will be fewer contracts sold than a resort the size of BLT. So I think it's possible VGF could track more like VGC out in California in terms of contracts holding value. Maybe not quite as we'll as VGC because there's no other DVC option out there, but close.
I think we are in agreement. VGF is about the same size at BCV. As we all have experienced, BCV is difficult to book at the 7-month window, especially during popular times of the year. The new VGF will probably be even more difficult to book, exactly because of its newness.

I don't intend to buy at VGF because I would rather spend fewer points and stay at BWV, AKV, or even BCV. However, for someone who wants to buy at VGF, now is as good of a time as any.

I expect VGF to surpass BLT in direct sale price and, because it's less than half the size of BLT, resale prices at VGF will still be high in 5-10 years; I'm predicting $120/point. Thus, IMHO, buying direct today at $145/point isn't such a bad deal but, again, only if you really want to buy at VGF anyway. Stated differently, buy direct now at $145/point rather than wait 5-10 years in the hope that VGF resale prices will come down significantly.

I think we are in agreement. VGF is about the same size at BCV. As we all have experienced, BCV is difficult to book at the 7-month window, especially during popular times of the year. The new VGF will probably be even more difficult to book, exactly because of its newness.

I don't intend to buy at VGF because I would rather spend fewer points and stay at BWV, AKV, or even BCV. However, for someone who wants to buy at VGF, now is as good of a time as any.

I expect VGF to surpass BLT in direct sale price and, because it's less than half the size of BLT, resale prices at VGF will still be high in 5-10 years; I'm predicting $120/point. Thus, IMHO, buying direct today at $145/point isn't such a bad deal but, again, only if you really want to buy at VGF anyway. Stated differently, buy direct now at $145/point rather than wait 5-10 years in the hope that VGF resale prices will come down significantly.

Not to quibble, but BCV has a maximum number of rooms of 282, while VGF has a max of 147. It's a fairly sizable difference.

Just got word I passed rofr on my OkW 75 point!

Congratulations, that is so exciting! I wondered if things would be pushed back a bit because of the long weekend. Glad I was wrong! :woohoo:

Looks like you went to ROFR a few days before I did. Hoping for the same good news in the next week!

Congrats again! :banana:

Thanks! Wow! 50 people ahead of you on the direct list. I guess the secret is out. VWL is such a lovely resort. We just wanted to change it up a bit. We own at VGC, stay at the Sequoia Lodge at Disneyland Paris, and visit the national parks regularly so giving up VWL made sense. :laughing:

Good luck on RORF, but I really think you have a decent shot at passing. :thumbsup2

This is what guides put out, when I was at disney this mar/apr they told me they are ROFRing all the resale, well I did not buy direct they wanted me to, but bought 5 loaded contract without a ROFR, may be I will next to get bit by the mouse.

Just got word I passed rofr on my OkW 75 point!

Congratulations, happy to see less ROFR activity, may be mouse is busy selling VGF and clearing out AKL and Aulani as well. May waiting list list no longer exist or very small in size, any way good for all the buyers out there. Can you post detail on your contract please.

Just updated ROFR list on page 162.

Been away from the Dis for a couple days, so I hope I got everything. let me know if I missed anything.

Add me to the list of waiting on ROFR. Contracts have been signed and were sent to Disney for ROFR today!

BLT 160pts Aug UY $80pp 126 2013 points and all forward buyer pays MF, CC, and Fidelity fee.

This is our first DVC purchase and I'm so excited!!

Countryrunner262 said:
Which broker did you use? I didn't think they would be working today. Congratulations!!!

Yea it was TSS. I was very surprised. Didn't think anyone would be working there or at Disney

Just Found out we passed- Thrilled to own AKV!!

AKV 500 $57 42-2011, 500, 2012 and beyond.
Seller pay closing and 2013 maint fees- buyer pay fidelity fee!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

It is a Dec use year and was submitted on April 30!!

I just got an e-mail from Sharon at Fidelity that we passed ROFR!!!

I am so thrilled! This is our first contract and I wish I could scream and jump up and down, but I'm in my office and my coworkers already think I'm crazy!

SSR - 150 points - Oct - 53 points coming 2013, all points 2014 and forward. Buyer pays closing, admin fee, and MF for the 53 2013 points

We went to ROFR on 5/14 and heard today, 5/28. That's 2 weeks, my friends! YIPPEE!!!

Found out yesterday (Memorial Day-weird I know) that we passed ROFR!!!!!! Submitted to Disney on May 1st, heard May 27th. 160, Feb UY, BLT....$95/pt.

SOOOOO EXCITED!!

Disney took this contract
150 VB (AUG), $36, all '13 points and forward, seller pays 2013 mf, buyer pays closing (sub 5/4)

But this one passed
28 WL (AUG), $87, 53 '12 points and all forward, buyer pays closing, 2013 mf and admin fee (Sub 4/30)

Disney took this contract
150 VB (AUG), $36, all '13 points and forward, seller pays 2013 mf, buyer pays closing (sub 5/4)

But this one passed
28 WL (AUG), $87, 53 '12 points and all forward, buyer pays closing, 2013 mf and admin fee (Sub 4/30)

Congrats on WL, sorry to hear on VB was a nice price, mine VB passed @38+me paying all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter